Barack Obama

Even though he may not be the best president there is, we still have to respect him. I'm not saying anyone is disrespecting him, but he's the president! Everyone has their flaws, he's doing what he thinks is best for the country, even though it may not be.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
He fights for equality of all people. That's why he's the best!
That's right. Everyone's data is saved by the NSA, whether or not there are warrants against them!

I can't support a politician who campaigned on repealing the PATRIOT Act, and then not only turned around and signed a renewal of said act, but actually pursued even worse privacy-destroying measures.
I don't even care I have nothing to hide!!
Exactly. You have nothing to hide, so the government shouldn't be searching you.

The Fourth Amendment was put in place for a reason: to protect innocent Americans from a potentially tyrannical government.

If it's that pressing, get a warrant. Not that difficult.
but some people do have stuff to hide. lol.

also the constitution is outdated tbh
Just because something is "outdated" doesn't mean it has 0 validity or merit and should be thrown away. :/ It's an incredible display of ignorance to disregard something that's been a part of the foundation of this country and it's government since it was implemented.

It may be "outdated" but it protects your rights and freedoms and it should be respected and upheld, not disregarded and thrown away.

----------

Even though he may not be the best president there is, we still have to respect him. I'm not saying anyone is disrespecting him, but he's the president! Everyone has their flaws, he's doing what he thinks is best for the country, even though it may not be.
To be honest he's a figurehead, that's really all the President ever is. And a title doesn't earn you respect, keeping your word and doing what you said you'd do earns you respect. I'm not an Obama fan and I'm incredibly ashamed I voted for him during his 2nd election run.

WHO

That's right. Everyone's data is saved by the NSA, whether or not there are warrants against them!

I can't support a politician who campaigned on repealing the PATRIOT Act, and then not only turned around and signed a renewal of said act, but actually pursued even worse privacy-destroying measures.
Exactly. You have nothing to hide, so the government shouldn't be searching you.

The Fourth Amendment was put in place for a reason: to protect innocent Americans from a potentially tyrannical government.

Just because something is "outdated" doesn't mean it has 0 validity or merit and should be thrown away. :/ It's an incredible display of ignorance to disregard something that's been a part of the foundation of this country and it's government since it was implemented.

It may be "outdated" but it protects your rights and freedoms and it should be respected and upheld, not disregarded and thrown away.

I agree! But I do believe that there should be some form of updated "constitution" so to speak. We're really in a new era of life and the world. Those who wrote the constition could never have imagined half the things we have and do now.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!

I agree! But I do believe that there should be some form of updated "constitution" so to speak. We're really in a new era of life and the world. Those who wrote the constition could never have imagined half the things we have and do now.

I agree it should be updated, and in the English that people can understand now a days. It's something extremely important to our country and it's people. Everyone should be able to read and understand it.

allison

I agree it should be updated, and in the English that people can understand now a days. It's something extremely important to our country and it's people. Everyone should be able to read and understand it.

I'm sure it's not that hard to google a translation of the constitution to common English..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!

I'm sure it's not that hard to google a translation of the constitution to common English..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not saying it is. That doesn't change the fact that it should be updated to complement the changes of the times, as well as the changes in the language. Just because we have Google now and can easily and lazily translate the English of that time to laments terms now, doesn't mean it's not a valid suggestion. Plus translations can be wrong, I don't know about anyone else but I'd rather have an official re-interpretation that's understandable for everyone without having to sift through links on a search engine.

all im saying is rome wasnt built in a day, or a term of playing nice with the republicans.

and also two party system doesn't work since all either side does is finger point.