Being a designer for MyVmk questions

I'm really hoping I don't get negative feedback for this, it's just something I've been genuinely interested in for awhile but never really understood how to get into it. Which leads me to my questions.

I want to learn how to make furniture for MyVmk. I just have no idea where to start.

I wanted to make this thread to see if anyone could point me in the direction with programs that aren't expensive (I'd prefer free if possible) And maybe point me to some youtube videos to teach myself?

Maybe this is a bigger goal than I thought but I would really love to learn and have no idea where to start so any comments or feedback, it would help a lot.

I really appreciate it.

Thanks! :D

*Leaves negative yelp review*

I had been watching this thread in hopes that a designer would post, but alas...it's dead...so I thought I'd offer what little knowledge I have, but keep in my mind my stuff is pretty crappy.

I'd recommend downloading Gimp (Free version of Photoshop, but watered down) and also Blender (a 3D modeling program.)

Start by learning the basics of both, but I'd definitely recommend focusing on Gimp because Blender can be extremely overwhelming if you're just starting out. I'd also recommend going on YouTube and searching "Gimp for Beginners" and finding a video that you enjoy. Start off learning about layers because they're lifesavers, but a lot more frustrating to use in Gimp than Photoshop if I'm honest.

Once you've learned the basics you'll want to start examining items found in the game, google "VMK items" and check out the higher quality pictures and just pay attention to the little details. It's something that's going to take a few years to fully get the hang of, but the experimentation process is honestly all part of the fun!

I'm not a designer, but here are a few ******** items I threw together a while ago, I spent just a few hours on them so they're really not anything game worthy. I use Blender mainly to create the actual objects and then do some touch-up in Gimp.

@MrTike actually has some items he made in the game from a 3D program, like the Mr Incredible statues. So I think either 2D, or 3D work? I think you just need to make sure you convert your 3D model into 2D images of each side for it to work in-game, you can't import the actual model directly.

Thank you very much :D I appreciate someone commenting, I was worried that nobody ever would. I had made a comment on other threads about this and it seems most of the past designers refuse to because of the backstage drama that is MyVmk. It is really disappointing but thank you @Youtherevmk :)