Bring Back Green Flip Hat.

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
I was sad to see this happen. Why pushing the rares so fast. I read someone was spending all day making clones. I am sure he has tons of green flip hats. Why so soon Amy. I would have given it at least a week. All you have done is make sure more people make as many mules they need to buy everything. Way too early.

booglie

i don't think it's unfair that the green flip hat is gone
things will be rare, and when an item is rare it means that not everyone will be able to have one
if you don't have one (like myself) then it's just part of the economy, and you just have to deal with it.

RocketJena

ok guys, something had to be retired. if they don't retire anything, then there aren't any rares at all. I don't understand why people are getting so worked up about this. Everyone knows that things will be retired, so stop complaining and just play the game. Simple solution: collect shells and buy one of everything. Then no matter what happens, you'll have the item that retires next.

Foamy

ok guys, something had to be retired. if they don't retire anything, then there aren't any rares at all. I don't understand why people are getting so worked up about this. Everyone knows that things will be retired, so stop complaining and just play the game. Simple solution: collect shells and buy one of everything. Then no matter what happens, you'll have the item that retires next.
They don't need rare items at the moment. If people bought items they liked/wanted instead of items they thought would become rare, then they would have a larger pool of items to choose from when deciding what to discontinue.

I don't think it was really a bad idea to retire the green flip hat (well, maybe they should have waited a couple more days) I just think they should have also retired a few other things as well, like certain colors of slipper/rocket chairs, candlesticks, organs, etc, just so that there would be some other items with higher value to be on par with the green flip hat. As it is, the hat is the only rare item in the game, and those with one aren't going to trade it for something they could buy no matter how many credits the buyables are worth. If there were other things also retired, those with green flip hats may trade for retired furniture, those without retired items could trade buyables for the retired furniture since the furniture would be less desirable than the hat, and could work their way up.

Geggy

Well, after the oVMK fiasco, this is what the majority opinion voiced. However, all this seems to confirm is that we aren't, in fact, listened to.

So, the game will be what the game will be. We'll play because we loved VMK so much. However, we all will do well to remind ourselves that this cannot be VMK again.

Ok, am I going to be the only one to say it? The ONLY reason anyone's complaining is because you or some of your friends didn't get the item. Seriously, DEAL WITH IT. There will be items that are removed from the game continuously probably. Are you people going to cry and complain about every single item that's removed? This is how the foundation for rare trade is started, have any of you people played any game from the very beginning where items are introduced and then removed within days? I'm guessing that's a no.

You people want rares, but when Amy removes an item all you people do is complain. The way Amy is conducting herself in terms of laying the foundation for future rare trade is perfectly fine. Just because you people weren't given a heads up so you could create accounts to horde items doesn't mean you can wahhh wahhh wahhh all the way to the forums just because you were caught off-guard.

I've played games where items are removed without notice to prepare the future rare trade pool. The manner and timing in which Amy did this is 100 fine.

EDIT: And btw... for those questioning "why so soon," because right now, in the beginning, is when items SHOULD be removed. The sooner the better. Why? Because the sooner an item is removed from the game catalog the more rare it will be in the future. DEAL. WITH. IT.

Geggy

Ok, am I going to be the only one to say it? The ONLY reason anyone's complaining is because you or some of your friends didn't get the item. Seriously, DEAL WITH IT. There will be items that are removed from the game continuously probably. Are you people going to cry and complain about every single item that's removed? This is how the foundation for rare trade is started, have any of you people played any game from the very beginning where items are introduced and then removed within days? I'm guessing that's a no.
If this is what you believe, then let me be the first to tell you that you are 100 percent wrong. I'm sorry if that doesn't fit your paradigm, but those of us who played VMK for it's duration, or nearly so, care more about things you might not even consider, if this is your thought process.

karkat

If this is what you believe, then let me be the first to tell you that you are 100 percent wrong. I'm sorry if that doesn't fit your paradigm, but those of us who played VMK for it's duration, or nearly so, care more about things you might not even consider, if this is your thought process.
what exactly are those things that playing vmk for its duration has given u
how enligthened are you please share??
also this isnt vmk, things are going to be very different?

Geggy

what are you even saying. his post was 100 truth.
Since when can one person know the thought processes of everyone who voices a contradictory opinion?

I, for one, have not complained once about the Green Flip Hat because I didn't get one. Did I get one? No. However, that hasn't even been a variable in my complaints or arguments because I couldn't care less about owning that hat. It is honestly one of my least favorite hats.

Now, when you (or Disney) can know the thoughts of everyone else, then I'll believe that his - or your - post was "100 percent truth."

neverlander

if things were announced when they're going to be retired it would lose it's 'rare value'

Then why are you even commenting in a thread when the topic is about an item that's been removed from the catalog, since it's glaringly apparent you don't care about items and just the social aspect of the game.

if things were announced when they're going to be retired it would lose it's 'rare value'
This must be your first MMO.

I rescind my comment. >_> Read that wrong.

I thought things were not going to be taken away so quickly?
I feel awkward saying anything about it now that I have one (I think I'd still be saying the same thing if I didn't but you know, full disclosure and all), but I don't think we should bring it back anytime soon (At least a year). Retiring items early has to happen, or there can be nothing rare. Amy just successfully created a true and proper rare hat, and that's awesome. Would I be depressed if it got rereleased at some point? No. But getting rid of the first and only rare item on MyVMK is a bit rash. It's not easy to create rare items when people are actively trying to be rich in the future and get beta items.

S

Spivey

It's a soft beta opening, but from the looks of it there's roughly 200 people logged in playing the game. The more people in the game and the more accessibility to items we have then the less chance items have at becoming rare. I know it sucks that they took some items away, but it's better than just raffling random items off to select users. At least this way you have some fair chance at getting the items before they get taken off the market.

I think the bigger issue is that the game still isn't 100% bug free and that should be the focus right now, not introducing/taking away items quite yet. For example I've only been able to log on twice and honestly have no idea of what you all are talking about for I haven't experienced it yet first hand.