Clarifications on Recent Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jal

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
I'm gonna be honest--and thanks, current forum mods, for letting us all voice our opinions like this. I'm still used to posts/threads getting deleted/edited if it disagreed with whatever a staff member said or did. That issue in itself is indicative of a place less about bringing 'magic' and more about gaining/maintaining a false sense of 'power.'

This whole controversy is just a huge load of he said/she said, he did this/she did that. Literally: "Said person did this. Said person did that."
This didn't actually clarify anything for anyone, and actually just added more confusion and uproar. If that was the goal--great. It's been achieved. Maybe you guys are just buying time to figure out what to do. That's fine too.

However, I've noticed that the biggest issue with this whole game has always been a lack of communication between staff and the community. I understand and agree that there needs to be some separation between the two. I'm not saying the players need every bit of insight into what the staff is doing, or even a say in end results, but at least an explanation on how decisions came to be and are determined would be nice, at least. That would provide the bit of transparency and honesty that I think this entire community desperately needs and has needed for a really, really, long time.

While I do think Kali needs to step down, I doubt that's going to happen. Absolem made it clear in her post that we have our opinions, but not a say in the matter. It's Amy's call, but I still think an explanation for promoting two staff while firing one for the same offenses is necessary. But, let's be real. They'll probably 'step down' or 'quit' and we'll get the same staff member under a new alias.

All in all, if we get a say in who our president is I'm not sure why we can’t have a say in who’s staff on a blasted game. What's the point of democracy then? What's the point of saying it’s MyVMK, when it's clearly not ours?

Last edited:

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
Am at work on my phone so this won't be my usual thought out and long post, but just read the Skype logs that were released. I don't know how anyone can read that and not see the remaining staff as unreasonable. There was problems with unannounced host events where super rares were given out to friends of staff (including clocks and a stitch hat), and some staff members tried to have a logical and reasonable discussion about it. The response? Immaturity, a 40 year old host cussing out a 16 year old, and "it's just a game get over it guys". Is this the kind of person that should be promoted? Or even left on staff? It's inexcusable. The level of uneasiness and mistrust these revelations are causing are not something that can be easily repaired with these staff members. If staff really think this will just go away and we'll go back to how things were with these staff members, I think they are sorely mistaken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
it's obvious that lisa isn't going to step down. though i haven't seen any of the chat logs, i doubt the others involved will either. SO i'd rather see a movement to get some justice for the people who were actually mistreated??? or are there 2 many 2 count

If staff really think this will just go away and we'll go back to how things were with these staff members, I think they are sorely mistaken
they don't care though. even if we all quit i don't even know if they'd even then be sorry.

All in all, if we get a say in who our president is I'm not sure why we can’t have a say in who’s staff on a blasted game. What's the point of democracy then? What's the point of saying it’s MyVMK, when it's clearly not ours?
The game isn't a democracy, it's a game.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
it's just so sad that the poor actions of one staff member tears the entire staff team apart and pushes many of them to resign.. my heart breaks for everyone.
if you saw someone in power mistreating other people, and the person in charge turning a blind eye/not caring, wouldn't you quit too????

Then why is it called MyVMK??
you're taking that too literally. nobody but amy made this game. "my"VMK was trying to sound friendly. it doesn't literally mean u own part of it.

Lost

I want to bring something to light. I will NOT be naming names. If you know who I am talking about then don't say, this isn't a witch hunt but I need to get this off my chest.

Near the start of the game Real World Trading (RWT) was something that wasn't allowed. Pretty sure it breaks some sort of Disney copyright laws as well as ruins the integrity of the game. We ALL know that RWT happens and it's even endorsed by staff somewhat in the way that staff are in the main facebook group where it happens and knows the people who do it, and nothing is done against them. This has all been common knowledge. What I am going to say next will you make you all upset, because it is another way in which staff have ruined the integrity of the game and pick and choose which rules to ban people for and which players to punish.

A certain SECRET pop-up event that was run not by a HOST, but by a MODERATOR (And I believe Amy was there too) auctioned off a Stitch Hat. Now here are the facts. There are very few players with a lot of wealth in credits, one of those people is the moderators friend, the moderator who ran the event, and was probably the player with the most credits to offer out of anyone in the room, so it wasn't a matter of who would offer more but how cheap they would get it. Now this next part is great, the moderator used her NON-STAFF ACCOUNT TO BID AGAINST HER FRIEND to make it seem like it was real and to make the Stitch Hat not go for nothing. The Stitch hat Sold for 300k and can be resold for 700-800k. That is 400-500k profit.

Here is the real kicker. The friend that won SELLS things like CREDITS for REAL MONEY. 100k gets you $10. THE STAFF WERE COMPLICIT IN A SECRET EVENT WHERE THEY BASICALLY ALLOWED SOMEONE WHO RWTs TO GAIN 40-50$ AND PROBABLY KNEW ABOUT THE EVENT BEFOREHAND.

There is no integrity. There is nothing any more. I thought RWT was against the rules but it is endorsed and allowed by staff and things like the above happen where staff friends get cheap items which they can sell off for real money.

How is it fair? How is it logical that the person who bid against their friend and let them get the item which they will probably sell for real money, get promoted shortly after?

Can someone please explain to me how any of this makes sense and why we should sit be and let these things happen?

Jal

they don't care though. even if we all quit i don't even know if they'd even then be sorry.
They don't seem to care about what we have to say, but they definitely care about the power they have over the other players in the game. I wonder what'd be left for them to lead if everyone quit? They'd probably only feel remorse after the fact.

The game isn't a democracy, it's a game.
Thank you, Captain Obvious. Though, I was making the point that from the beginning they've presented the game itself as if it's to act like a democracy, when it's not.

HaleighRose

Shut up, and dance with me!
It SICKENS me that a 40 year would talk to ANYONE none the less of a 16 year old like that. She's the one who sounds 16 and doesn't even know the meaning of the word and said it because it was fun to say.

Who in their right mind let's a staff memeber stay or even get promoted with an attitude like that.

This is isn't for players getting what they want anymore, this a moral thing. And it's disgusting to me.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
They don't seem to care about what we have to say, but they definitely care about the power they have over the other players in the game. I wonder what'd be left for them to lead if everyone quit? They'd probably only feel remorse after the fact.
you and i have been members for a long time. you know that really horrible stuff happens and they don't care or really ever feel sorry about it. even after we all quit would they really even care or be sad or remorseful? doubtful. amy says she loves this game and i think it's all very clear to us that she loves the game and not the actual people playing.

Jake

if you saw someone in power mistreating other people, and the person in charge turning a blind eye/not caring, wouldn't you quit too????
Yes, I would.. I'm just saying that it's terrible that they've caused so much damage. I completely understand their reasoning for quitting, it's just sad that said person bullied and harassed all of them and nothing was done about it.

Jal

you and i have been members for a long time. you know that really horrible stuff happens and they don't care or really ever feel sorry about it. even after we all quit would they really even care or be sad or remorseful? doubtful. amy says she loves this game and i think it's all very clear to us that she loves the game and not the actual people playing.
I agree, and being completely honest, I've almost always felt like Amy's been too afraid to do what she feels is right and instead listened to others, who are only trying to take advantage of her.
love you/hope you're doing well btw

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
I agree, and being completely honest, I've almost always felt like Amy's been too afraid to do what she feels is right and instead listened to others, who are only trying to take advantage of her.
love you/hope you're doing well btw
i feel the EXACT same way. it's like she literally hides in the shadows because she's too scared of the light. well sorry amy but maybe you can't see from the shadows but there's some really gross behavior going on by people you're responsible for.
ps hi jal hope you're doing well too! super duper sorry for the times i caused unnecessary drama between us LOL xx

I want to bring something to light. I will NOT be naming names. If you know who I am talking about then don't say, this isn't a witch hunt but I need to get this off my chest.

Near the start of the game Real World Trading (RWT) was something that wasn't allowed. Pretty sure it breaks some sort of Disney copyright laws as well as ruins the integrity of the game. We ALL know that RWT happens and it's even endorsed by staff somewhat in the way that staff are in the main facebook group where it happens and knows the people who do it, and nothing is done against them. This has all been common knowledge. What I am going to say next will you make you all upset, because it is another way in which staff have ruined the integrity of the game and pick and choose which rules to ban people for and which players to punish.

A certain SECRET pop-up event that was run not by a HOST, but by a MODERATOR (And I believe Amy was there too) auctioned off a Stitch Hat. Now here are the facts. There are very few players with a lot of wealth in credits, one of those people is the moderators friend, the moderator who ran the event, and was probably the player with the most credits to offer out of anyone in the room, so it wasn't a matter of who would offer more but how cheap they would get it. Now this next part is great, the moderator used her NON-STAFF ACCOUNT TO BID AGAINST HER FRIEND to make it seem like it was real and to make the Stitch Hat not go for nothing. The Stitch hat Sold for 300k and can be resold for 700-800k. That is 400-500k profit.

Here is the real kicker. The friend that won SELLS things like CREDITS for REAL MONEY. 100k gets you $10. THE STAFF WERE COMPLICIT IN A SECRET EVENT WHERE THEY BASICALLY ALLOWED SOMEONE WHO RWTs TO GAIN 40-50$ AND PROBABLY KNEW ABOUT THE EVENT BEFOREHAND.

There is no integrity. There is nothing any more. I thought RWT was against the rules but it is endorsed and allowed by staff and things like the above happen where staff friends get cheap items which they can sell off for real money.

How is it fair? How is it logical that the person who bid against their friend and let them get the item which they will probably sell for real money, get promoted shortly after?

Can someone please explain to me how any of this makes sense and why we should sit be and let these things happen?
i was there during this "event" but it wasn't an event it was amy just having light hearted fun in user haleys auction room she started bidding for stitch hat at 1k credits and kept raising the price (you had to click the thumbs emoticon to show you were willing to pay for each stated price 10k, 20k, 50k as it went higher) said user won the hat but they actually had the credits from saving up I know for a fact that they would not sell there stitch on the real world trading page so this can be crossed off since it was fair play to everyone in the room but I'm not defending the actions some admins did to other admins and there shady behavior just clearing this up

Status
Not open for further replies.