Clarifications on Recent Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrooge

Moderator McDuck
Forums Moderator
when you fire one staff for favoritism but then promote another one for doing the same
As a fairly new member of the forum team, I would like to point out that you are missing the point. Abs stated that the person was going to be given a second chance but then they burned that bridge. Everyone deserves a second chance, but if you throw that chance back in someones face then you lose trust and trust is very hard to earn back.

If you are looking for juicy gossipy details then you are looking in the wrong place, and for the wrong things...

-Scrooge

Lost

.Said person shared information about call for helps, warning people when and who had been reported.

This is very accurate as I have experienced it personally!

You can disagree with Amy's decision to allow Kali and myself to take these positions, and you're entitled to your opinion, but that does not mean you have a say in the matter.

If players don't have a say in the matter than this game is NOT for the players.. Correct??
I have to agree.

Also let's not act like the person being talked about in OP is the only person to discuss peoples bans etc to other people. Seriously.........

I am sorry when I read said person I can not help be see one of the promoted staff doing the same thing. This is not from the post to be unnamed it is from personal experience. It happened to me. It has happened to others. You are not addressing this big issue. This needs dealt with. To many kind and caring players have left this game. This is not right. I am only writing this because I care about this game. You say I have no say in the matter. Or others harmed. This post does nothing to say we are listening to you and going to see what changes we can make. We hear the hurt in your voices. We are working hard to make changes so this does not happen again. You opinions matter though we may not be able to to implement them. The lack of care to the community is not starting off well.
YES

Lost

As a fairly new member of the forum team, I would like to point out that you are missing the point. Abs stated that the person was going to be given a second chance but then they burned that bridge. Everyone deserves a second chance, but if you throw that chance back in someones face then you lose trust and trust is very hard to earn back.

If you are looking for juicy gossipy details then you are looking in the wrong place, and for the wrong things...

-Scrooge
Maybe some people feel like some people shouldn't have a second chance after everything people believe they have done to them and done in general.

CandyCars

Sorry if you take this rudely, but I have a very difficult time trusting and believing in a staff team who promotes what Kali did. We all know what she did so there is no need to relive it. What should of been done was to remove her from the team. Instead, why don't we promote her? Favoritism is in no way okay when you're a staff. How can you say the game is about everyone in the community if you allow that to happen?!

*waits for post to get removed because I gave my real opinion*

you guys are causing it

-Scrooge
[DOUBLEPOST=1430767485][/DOUBLEPOST]dont sit here and blame us

As horrible as this will sound to me, I am beginning to trust those blogs more than the actual guidelines of this game. I have never had a direct issue with a staff member, only friendship, but the fact that there are so many rumors and nothing has been directly clarified, and I have witnessed the rumors while being in events or being present in public rooms with staff and what is said in exchange of conversation.

The fact that I know I am not popular and not well-known in this community yet I still feel this GREAT void and uncertainty in a childhood game hurts a lot and I feel that I can not trust anyone because of all the rumors, gossip and bad treatment between one player to another (regular or staff). I have not felt clarification and I am also afraid to be easily sucked into the issues and many friendly players I know have gone through.

i am worried for the welfare of this community and the liveliness of this game. I love this game and the friends I've made, but these issues have gone to far...

Lost

The players didn't really have say in the old game either now did they?
Firstly, the old game was run by paid staff with many people in many different sectors of running the game.

Secondly just because something was done in the past doesn't mean we should continue it or not try improve upon in. Look back in the history of the world. Progress is always being made and should be made.

Sarie

Although I am grateful that something finally got posted from the other end of the story, this did not clarify anything other than the fact that we as a community have no say in anything and that we should all move on. Didn't these people do the same thing as "said person?" Anyways I think everyone involved with this needs to step down and Amy needs to find new people who truly care about the game.

Jasmine

The players didn't really have say in the old game either now did they?
I thought the "My" in "MyVMK" was supposed to signify how we would have more of a say in this game. The community did chose the game name, after all. Perhaps I was wrong. *shrug*

Lost

As horrible as this will sound to me, I am beginning to trust those blogs more than the actual guidelines of this game. I have never had a direct issue with a staff member, only friendship, but the fact that there are so many rumors and nothing has been directly clarified, and I have witnessed the rumors while being in events or being present in public rooms with staff and what is said in exchange of conversation.

The fact that I know I am not popular and not well-known in this community yet I still feel this GREAT void and uncertainty in a childhood game hurts a lot and I feel that I can not trust anyone because of all the rumors, gossip and bad treatment between one player to another (regular or staff). I have not felt clarification and I am also afraid to be easily sucked into the issues and many friendly players I know have gone through.

i am worried for the welfare of this community and the liveliness of this game. I love this game and the friends I've made, but these issues have gone to far...
Lets also not forget that there are no actual rules for the game itself other than what's on the forums; other than the ones left in from the original, which still include Disney in them.

I'm worried too :/

Status
Not open for further replies.