Clarifications on Recent Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flurry

As a fairly new member of the forum team, I would like to point out that you are missing the point. Abs stated that the person was going to be given a second chance but then they burned that bridge. Everyone deserves a second chance, but if you throw that chance back in someones face then you lose trust and trust is very hard to earn back.

If you are looking for juicy gossipy details then you are looking in the wrong place, and for the wrong things...

-Scrooge
actually Galli wasn't talking about her getting a second chance, she was talking about the fact someone got promoted for the same reason someone got fired.

Cat

I thought the "My" in "MyVMK" was supposed to signify how we would have more of a say in this game. The community did chose the game name, after all. Perhaps I was wrong. *shrug*
Expanding this even further, after OVMK's downfall and before MYVMK's opening, Amy posted many polls as to what we thought should be released in game, our favorite rooms, even what we wanted to name the game. We named the game together as a community. MyVmk. Clearly the times have changed and player input is no longer welcome.
We just have to stand by and watch our childhood game crash and burn to the ground.

Gallifreyan

The Slightly More Chosen One
As a fairly new member of the forum team, I would like to point out that you are missing the point. Abs stated that the person was going to be given a second chance but then they burned that bridge. Everyone deserves a second chance, but if you throw that chance back in someones face then you lose trust and trust is very hard to earn back.

If you are looking for juicy gossipy details then you are looking in the wrong place, and for the wrong things...

-Scrooge
I think that you guys are missing the point. The main issue was Kali being promoted even after everything that happened. Was she ever given a warning or anything or even criticized by staff like cricket was?

I'm not looking for juicy gossip I just want the whole 'second side of the story' that everyone keeps talking about so I don't judge people the wrong way.

CandyCars

Although I am grateful that something finally got posted from the other end of the story, this did not clarify anything other than the fact that we as a community have no say in anything and that we should all move on. Didn't these people do the same thing as "said person?" Anyways I think everyone involved with this needs to step down and Amy needs to find new people who truly care about the game.
Someone give this girl a trophy! :trophy:

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
And this is where life experience come in to play. Ever good customer service rep know to placate the consumer. Say all the right words. Even if they know nothing will change. It at least calms down the situation. If you make the group feel inclusive then you are building bridges. But by saying what we think does not matter right off the bat not the best move. It is my baseball so if you do not like my baseball game leave. Even if you do not trust the ref. Just play and have fun. Really. Instead of replacing said ref at least for awhile. And let things calm down. Let them re earn that trust. So maybe they can ref again.

C

Christa

I'm pretty sure what Absolum was saying was that no matter your opinion, you'll not deter them from hiring or promoting staff. You can voice your opinions but it won't change their minds.

All of you read too far into situations and blow up problems that shouldn't be a problem. No one is right in this matter. Everyone is going to have a different story. It's YOUR choice on how you go about it. You can accept the change and play the game or you can reject the changes and stop playing. I mean it's really that simple. If I don't like something I stop having anything to do with it.

Maybe some of you need to reevaluate.

I'm pretty sure what Absolum was saying was that no matter your opinion, you'll not deter them from hiring or promoting staff. You can voice your opinions but it won't change their minds.

All of you read too far into situations and blow up problems that shouldn't be a problem. No one is right in this matter. Everyone is going to have a different story. It's YOUR choice on how you go about it. You can accept the change and play the game or you can reject the changes and stop playing. I mean it's really that simple. If I don't like something I stop having anything to do with it.

maybe u need to reevaluate

Zelena

We understand that she was telling us our opinions don't matter.

C

Christa

We understand that she was telling us our opinions don't matter.
Smh how many times has the staff added items and features that people have suggested on this forum? How many times has Amy asked for us to vote in polls and asked our opinions on game implementations before they were added.

This is one incident where players CAN'T have a say in something. Players don't have a say when staff are hired, players don't have a say when staff are fired. Players don't have a say when staff are promoted.
That's basically like saying you have an opinion when the staff could go to the restroom and when they could shower. Choosing staff, promoting staff, and firing staff is an inside private job.

If this would have been done privately no one would be arguing over anyone's promotion or demotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.