Clarifications on Recent Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to reply to these parts. If they were smart they would keep most of it to skype groups and off game because they know everything said in-game and on ehre can be tracked. Why do you think cricket posted skype records, because that's where a lot is said.

Also I hate the phrase that we just shut up and be grateful because it's here. How can anything grow or get better if your mentality is "At least we have it so we shouldn't complain". These things need to be said and need to come to light and sweeping them under the rug is what we have done for over a year and it's led to this, what happened the past week. Being grateful and being willfully ignorant are very different.
---------------------------------------------------

LOL my quotes are not working for me atm.

I believe for everything in game there exists records, that was my point. I never said shut up and be grateful.....What I am saying is let the staffers do their new jobs then judge. If something wrong is being done by someone in staff document it if you can, or provide details. Amy can check on things I'm pretty sure.

Moderators of any game have certain abilities that players do not, giving those out to players is a blatant disregard of rules that is not tolerated in other games, just as abusing those powers is. By all means speak out when you actually see a problem, I never suggested otherwise. I had a lot to say in the early days of the game when certain things had obviously been done wrong and to certain player's benefit as well in my opinion. We take the good with the bad, speak out in a constructive way and perhaps some criticism will be taken to heart. Lashing out, accusing with no proof, etc is counter productive and just hurts the community at large, and gets ignored because of the presentation not the content. In the game I am staff for, players may complain about players or staff as long as they provide screenshots or demos of the offense, appropriate action is taken after careful review. That's how it should be...... not spur of the moment, or players just wishing they had say so over everything, too many chefs spoil the meal. I remember the suggestion pages when the game first started, it was hilarious to me how people wanted 10,000 different things...

I still say be grateful there is a MyVMK, if you're not....why are you here? there's a million games to play.....

My only request to staff; when you add more staff, get some experienced people to help you out, people skills , problem solving, management, maturity, these are all important......

Lost

If my posts end up getting deleted (idk what's happening with the threads tonight) then I just want to say this. Thanks to all the people who liked my posts and have been kind to me about what I wrote (Over 100 likes from 2 threads @_@ Crazy).

Me speaking up about certain things hasn't been to try cause drama, or to attack people. I feel in the times I have played the game there have been a lot of issues, injustices and unprofessional behavior that either gets ignored or swept under the rug or nothing can/has be done.

Some of the things that happened recently have made me not want to play as much, I haven't really logged in at all in the past week or so but I saw this was happening on skype and I wanted to weigh in.

This drama was the straw that broke the camels back for me. I haven't released everything I think has been done wrong, just things I felt were necessary to bring to light with the appointing of the 2 new admins and the 6 staff leaving and game in general. I don't feel like everything that has happened needs to come up because it doesn't.

I've sat idly by and not said much except to friends about the things that have happened over MyVMK's span because I can't change what staff do, I don't have a say or access to the chats. I just felt like if I didn't speak up this time I would regret it because I haven't spoken up to this extent due to game and forum rules and my relationship with staff.

I want to apologise to forum staff if I broke any rules or if any of my posts were heated/ rude. I tried to keep civil and mature with my posts. Obviously my posts and distaste isn't directed at every staff member, just the way the game has been run in general and certain staff members.

I think what has happened should open up some communication. Like I said before, thinks like staff being secret was from my understanding part of the job description which is why they get new names and don't tell people who they are. That didn't work out great because most staff were known because they told people, and some staff even discussed behind the scenes features and items with friends.

Favourites are played, it's not even being friends with staff that is the problem. It's the access they are given to things other players don't know that drives people crazy.

I hope something positives comes from all this and I'm glad forum staff have let players have a voice tonight. So many times in the past players have nowhere to turn to have a voice if they disagree with how things are done, rants was taken off, shoutbox is gone, any posts like those made today have been deleted in the past and it's all exploded tonight and I want to say a big THANK YOU to forum staff for moderating but not censoring us like I feel has been done in the past. I hope we have all been heard.

Last edited:

Exodus

Sorry but you can't tell me nothing is fishy when the only staff left are the ones that were involved in all of the drama in the first place. I'm honestly not comfortable with how this game is being run anymore, and I don't think any of the 6 staff members who just left felt comfortable with it either.
Spot on.

I'm pretty sure many of us will have this new motivation to depart after this entire fiasco. Someone get Amy to release the game's source code. I will see you all in another 7 or so years to visit under a fresh (and hopefully well aged) administration.

Everyone wants to hear two sides of the story, right?

First off, the last thing we want to do is stoop to the level that all those hate blogs do. We are here to run a game, and make it enjoyable for everyone. Bottom line. Do not assume what you read is always the entire story, or that it is true. So, you say, “Then tell us your side of the story.” I'll get there.

You can disagree with Amy's decision to allow Kali and myself to take these positions, and you're entitled to your opinion, but that does not mean you have a say in the matter. We are human. We all say things we may regret later on. We all do it in the heat of the moment. It's easy to sit, read, and form opinions on things you don't know the entire backstory of. What has failed to be considered is our love of this game and this community. Our only goal here is to provide you with the entertainment in which you come here for. Not gossip. Not bantering, of any player. You're entitled to be upset over certain people leaving, but in most cases it was their own choice to walk away. Not ours. And from that, we move on. And we fix what wasn't working before (and there was a lot, whether you care to admit it or not) and try to make things better for everyone. You're also entitled to think we handle things poorly. But the truth is, you have no idea how things work behind the scenes. You have no idea of the situations, and the control certain people had, before all of this.

Let me clarify, players do not need to know what we discuss. Said person thinks it's a game now, and wants to bring everyone down with them, because they messed up. Big time. And they were caught.

Why was said person not allowed to return? Sticking to the facts (and no, I will not take screenshots and post them). They abused their position, plain and simple. They showed favoritism to themselves and friends by pulling players into events, numerous times, over and over, to gain the advantage of winning multiple times in one night when everyone else had to wait in line. Said person would allow friends to test their games, allowing them to collect unearned prizes afterwards. Said person traded unauthorized items to players. Said person abused chat logs, searching people to gather information on them, to use for their own entertainment. Said person shared information about call for helps, warning people when and who had been reported. Said person shared private information between the staff members. Said person has threatened players outside of the game.

This was in no way a 'witch hunt'. When word gets out of something no one should know about, something that could be detrimental to the entire community, wouldn't you investigate? That was all we did. Investigate. And upon investigating, we uncovered way more than we bargained for. And now, for no other reason than bitterness, we are the ones who will pay the price. But, we will not let it affect us. What's done is done, what's said is said, what’s going to happen will happen. When you have something toxic in the midst, it's best to get rid of it and flush the system. And we were able to do that on many levels. Just because you didn't see it, doesn't mean it did not happen.

I had nothing but respect for said person. I thought they were amazing, I loved them and had wonderful times with them. And they know that. More than anything it saddens me that the outcome had to be this ridiculous, immature gesture. We would have gladly given them a second chance, but their reaction was hostile. Demands and threats were made. When you are innocent, you don't attack the people who are on your side. You listen to what they have to say first, and explain. That didn't happen. Tell me, would you want someone like that back on your team? Could you trust them again after something like this?

We could go into a long rant here about others, and what they did as well. But we refuse to. What good would come of it? To add to the gossip some more? It's in the past.

I speak on behalf of myself and the other admins. We are here for YOU. For this game. We will not let anything get in the way of this, or bring our spirits down. We will do what we have to, to make it work. If you don't give us the chance, you'll never know.

And please. If you are going to comment on this, be respectful. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but there is no reason to cross any lines here.
Being new, I am confused by this.
However, I find it sad that someone would want to ruin the fun that VMK has to offer. =(
But it also makes me HAPPY to know that whatever problem that may have occurred has been handled. =)
so thank u for keeping VMK fun. =D

Pooh

Moderat-Oh Bother
This drama was the straw that broke the camels back for me. I haven't released everything I think has been done wrong, just things I felt were necessary to bring to light with the appointing of the 2 new admins and the 6 staff leaving and game in general. I don't feel like everything that has happened needs to come up because it doesn't.

I want to apologise to forum staff if I broke any rules or if any of my posts were heated/ rude. I tried to keep civil and mature with my posts. Obviously my posts and distaste isn't directed at every staff member, just the way the game has been run in general and certain staff members.

I hope something positives comes from all this and I'm glad forum staff have let players have a voice tonight. So many times in the past players have nowhere to turn to have a voice if they disagree with how things are done, rants was taken off, shoutbox is gone, any posts like those made today have been deleted in the past and it's all exploded tonight and I want to say a big THANK YOU to forum staff for moderating but not censoring us like I feel has been done in the past. I hope we have all been heard.
Lost, we have no problem with the things you have voiced tonight, with many people we have no problem with them voicing opinions EVER. However, there seems to be this perception that we often censor things and we really do not. Unless it is not targeted toward specific people and the language is not strong, we will let things go through. When people seem to voice their opinions on the forums though.. this is often not the case.

I would also like to point out that while there are conflicts that need to be resolved within the staff, the moderators are not involved. We operate separately and only try to keep the peace, and keep it appropriate. If you wish to voice concerns over in-game staffing, the best way to do so is contact them directly.

Quicksilver

Moderator Maximoff
Lost, we have no problem with the things you have voiced tonight, with many people we have no problem with them voicing opinions EVER. However, there seems to be this perception that we often censor things and we really do not. Unless it is not targeted toward specific people and the language is not strong, we will let things go through. When people seem to voice their opinions on the forums though.. this is often not the case.

I would also like to point out that while there are conflicts that need to be resolved within the staff, the moderators are not involved. We operate separately and only try to keep the peace, and keep it appropriate. If you wish to voice concerns over in-game staffing, the best way to do so is contact them directly.
Yes, yes and yes.

Can you please explain what "strong language" includes? Because I can't think of any strong language that doesn't involve name calling or cussing, which I havent seen throughout this.
I blame this lack of - what seems to be common - knowledge on the fact that I have bad social skills in some areas of life lol
I do come off stronger than I mean when in a debate like this due to that so I wanna make sure I don't get another warning lol

Can you please explain what "strong language" includes? Because I can't think of any strong language that doesn't involve name calling or cussing, which I havent seen throughout this.
I blame this lack of - what seems to be common - knowledge on the fact that I have bad social skills in some areas of life lol
I do come off stronger than I mean when in a debate like this due to that so I wanna make sure I don't get another warning lol
Strong language is basically swear words, or acronyms in place of swear words. I'm not going to list them all out here, I think most of us know them; if you are unsure, please PM a moderator or admin and we can clarify. Same thing for any post you feel might be very strongly worded, you are more than welcome to run it by one of us if you think it is borderline.

The reason you haven't seen any of this strong language is because we tend to catch it very fast.

Just follow this rule:

MyVMK Rules said:
Inappropriate/Non G-Rated discussions
Posts which contains subjects such as: foul language/cussing, nudity and s*x, violence, warez, drug or alcohol use (or any other illegal substance), and/or that may be offensive to parents of younger children, will be removed immediately. This includes foul language, inappropriate pictures or external website links that may be inappropriate for children. If you are uncertain as to whether a certain word, image, or link is allowed, contact a moderator or administrator before adding it to this site. This applies to all forums, threads, posts, private messages, user pages, profiles, avatars, signatures and also in game.
Hope this helps!

Lindsay

Also, this post didn't really give anybody's side of the story. Tbh this whole thing sounds like you're bashing "said person" and not really giving any sides besides you wanted answers and now "said person" is gone. Why was Kali doing secret events? Why is she promoted? These are things your side of the story should include or else it looks like hey kali had friends and gave them perks, lol deal with it and shut up.

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
What has shocked me is how much this crisis showed how much people care about this game. Yes we our upset with what has transpired. This is the first time that I can remember that a large majority wants changes. Yes the group is split but if you read the posts majority are all saying the same. Actually even though it feels like the game is falling apart we are actually closer as a community than we have been in ages. We are voicing our opinions because we want the game to succeed. Not afraid of retribution. The good news is Amy can listen to what people are saying all this is fixable. I bet even some staff would come back. It is not hopeless. It takes a leap of faith. Not all staff showed favoritism. So I think there is hope. Amy just has to see that maybe there is time for a staff change. To me the issue of staff perks is not so big of a deal. It is how so many many players have be hurt by a person now in charge of the game. Amy please listen to the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.