Clarifications on Recent Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megara

no sleep club
I'm honestly shocked at the immaturity of the people who are supposed to be running this game (edit: need to clarify it's not ALL staff), and I'm shocked certain people still hold their positions... and even got promotions. I fully understand this game is a volunteered game, but that's no excuse for people not allowed to voice what they feel, especially when there's rudeness involved - especially regarding certain staff. Plain and simple.

Not sure exactly why people are being rude to those who may have offered a differing opinion or perspective. We all want change, but it can be made in a better way than with negativity, redundant blame. I think I'm being objective here saying that we're all just frustrated and care about the game wanting it to work out.

Just discuss issues to be resolved without emotions and personal prejudices involved which yes people are more inclined to move in a certain direction of a certain side, it doesn't mean that they don't understand...because I've definitely also can read in between the lines and notice there's also fault in where in the community people are quick to point the blame or throw hurtful sarcasm, shade around and at all the wrong people who are just trying to help even if they don't agree in light of recent events and also whenever problems arose in the past. We all understand and know to a certain extent problems with staff, but staying stuck on what didn't work won't help make things work out.

I have a lot of patience and thick skin I've grown which has allowed me to handle difficulties and stressful situations, but for the sake of others, please be mindful that although they may not say or express an opinion the same way doesn't mean that they are exactly wrong.

camzilla

End of MYVMK as we knew it 5/2/2015
Most/None of you own this server nor the code nor anything on vmk. Staff, hosts, designers, and even forums moderators have put countless hours and time of their own time to bring you this game and aside the amount of money to provide for servers, electricity cost, maintenance, and hardware. Want to know how much the it cost to run the forums for 12 months with all the features we have https://xenforo.com/purchase/ you can look right there. That is just the forums and not even the game. So why should any of you have a say in the on how the game operates since no of you pay for it? Most of you guys play the game and that's all. Sure you guys have a community amongst you and friends and try to make the game a better place to be. But to think that you are entitled to tell how amy who to choose for staff, hosts and etc is just silly. Amy may let you and be nice, but she has every right choose what she does with the game and not you. Buts its very interesting on how you guys filter the money, hours, and stress of the people whom worked hard. no one is perfect and things do happen it's called life. If you felt victimized in this game in any sort of way or said 'you cried for days' need to get outside and stop taking everything personally. most people don't know the full situation and will not know. a lot of what you guys hear is gossip. And if you think it's unfair on that someone got promoted for the same reasons that someone else got kicked for, so what. still not your game. (which most of us still don't know the situation and may not even be the case.). If you don't like it, leave. Plain and simple.

Interesting post you have here , thought MyVMK was suppose to be a community because we don't pay the power bill we should all just accept whatever goes on right or wrong. Its not much of a game if their are no players left.

Geggy, it doesn't matter. it's not the players business- you completely missed everything i said lol,
This really has nothing to do with us as a community, it is a staff issue that SHOULD NOT be questioned by the community.
Whether you believe it should be or not, does not matter.

If it was not the players business.....then.........why even make a post about it to the players..........?

HaleighRose

Shut up, and dance with me!
This is an extremely minscule problem compared to the world. I'm upset too but at this point things have gotten out of hand and this isn't going to ever end and it going to ruin everything, I'm sure they are making plans to fix things but we are just slamming more onto them

I never once said this a huge real world problem did I? I was pointing out why it's okay for us to keep fighting for what we believe in. If they did the right thing the first time, they wouldn't have to deal with this.. Do we really have to treat them like children? I mean seriously they have to live with their decisions. We can't be "well they made a mistake.. oops please don't do it again". No.. Theyre supposed to be adults and they need to handle it like adults, repercussions or not.

Jasmine

Most/None of you own this server nor the code nor anything on vmk. Staff, hosts, designers, and even forums moderators have put countless hours and time of their own time to bring you this game and aside the amount of money to provide for servers, electricity cost, maintenance, and hardware. Want to know how much the it cost to run the forums for 12 months with all the features we have https://xenforo.com/purchase/ you can look right there. That is just the forums and not even the game. So why should any of you have a say in the on how the game operates since no of you pay for it? Most of you guys play the game and that's all. Sure you guys have a community amongst you and friends and try to make the game a better place to be. But to think that you are entitled to tell how amy who to choose for staff, hosts and etc is just silly. Amy may let you and be nice, but she has every right choose what she does with the game and not you. Buts its very interesting on how you guys filter the money, hours, and stress of the people whom worked hard. no one is perfect and things do happen it's called life. If you felt victimized in this game in any sort of way or said 'you cried for days' need to get outside and stop taking everything personally. most people don't know the full situation and will not know. a lot of what you guys hear is gossip. And if you think it's unfair on that someone got promoted for the same reasons that someone else got kicked for, so what. still not your game. (which most of us still don't know the situation and may not even be the case.). If you don't like it, leave. Plain and simple.
Uh no... It's $140 for the license + included ticket support and upgrades for a year, but it's not $140 every year. After that, it's $40 a year for OPTIONAL renewal. Not to mention that most of the modifications they've installed are free so... And it's also quite possible that Amy bought a used license (because she talked about doing that with vB in the beginning).

Besides that, the argument that because something is a "gift" to us means that we shouldn't speak our minds isn't even logical. The world wouldn't progress if people never spoke out about anything - and neither will the game.

Nokuto

I never once said this a huge real world problem did I? I was pointing out why it's okay for us to keep fighting for what we believe in. If they did the right thing the first time, they wouldn't have to deal with this.. Do we really have to treat them like children? I mean seriously they have to live with their decisions. We can't be "well they made a mistake.. oops please don't do it again". No.. Theyre supposed to be adults and they need to handle it like adults, repercussions or not.
Ok good point fine.

So I was curious, and asked my dad who, for half of his life, was manager of a lab in a hospital. So I asked him that if he had someone who may have done their job well, but did not respect people and was not respected by others both in the workplace and outside, would you promote them to a position of higher power, especially one where people have to go to them for help. His answer was no, because without the mutual respect, they will not be able to get anything done. Problems wont be resolved because people will not go to them for help, and they will be unable to do their jobs. He even gave examples of times he has seen this happen.
Just something I thought I would share. Food for thought.

T

Torchy

Uh no... It's $140 for the license + included ticket support and upgrades for a year, but it's not $140 every year. After that, it's $40 a year for OPTIONAL renewal. Not to mention that most of the modifications they've installed are free so... And it's also quite possible that Amy bought a used license (because she talked about doing that with vB in the beginning).

Besides that, the argument that because something is a "gift" to us means that we shouldn't speak our minds isn't even logical. The world wouldn't progress if people never spoke out about anything - and neither will the game.
Actually, the XenForo license belongs to @Solar. Amy didn't buy it.

Jasmine

Actually, the XenForo license belongs to @Solar. Amy didn't buy it.
Thank you - that further proves my point about the license costing Amy less than what was linked to. :)

Killjoy

#1 on sta ff target list
The sass and shade you threw in the OP is literally the only evidence you need to prove you're power hungry and you know you were wrong. LOL and you're saying that you've fired someone for favoritism but the game literally has had favoritism since day one, and nothing has been done about that. Look at how many people have quit/don't play anymore because of the favoritism was displayed. I treat this game as a joke now and so do my friends because it's literally ran like it's a daycare center for adults run by children. The reason I mainly don'y play anymore is because of the favoritism displayed, and the unfair moderating, and my friends left for the same. Look at how many people are trying to tell you about the favoritism displayed, look at how many staff have quit because of the favoritism and unfair decisions made in favor of a friend, look at how many PLAYERS have quit because of it. We have literally trying to bring justice to all of this since september of 2013 and it still hasn't been fixed, so people just gave up, because they knew if nothing changed in the first year nothing ever would. I suggest you listen to the players, and not assume you're unfair moderation and favoritism is the right path, because this game is going to crash and burn if you don't.

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - Walt Disney
I quite agree. A lot of things have been said and a lot of people have had their feelings hurt I am sure but really it will do no good to dwell on what is gone on in the past and we should try and move forward. Amy is doing a great job and should not have to listen to all the moaning and groaning that is going on.

Obeynick

Let me clarify, players do not need to know what we discuss.
If this is so true, then there's no need to share any other side of the story. People will hear things and believe it as much as they want to, there will forever be questions about what really happened. This game went from a huge success to a huge let down. Overall, I believe a lot can be fixed, but with the way things are going, its going downhill and with the staff there are now, I don't see any sort of improvement. Coming from someone who has played this game since the original, it's a disappointment to see how this version has come about and don't take it the wrong way, this is my opinion and in no way am I intentionally hurting anyone.

There was no doubt of the community calmness and satisfaction that followed after Kevin's dismissal as an admin.
I don't think Kevin did anything wrong, from what it looks like, he had tons of stuff pinned against him. Just my opinion looking back at that situation.

If half the staff leave then half the community leaves, there't not much left then is there? There's also no progress if we all leave. Sometimes sick people don't have much to hold onto and this game could be holding them together, please think about that before telling us to leave.
I see your point on that, a lot of people including myself use vmk to relief stress. i see a lot of people put themselves in situations that bring them down. almost like watching a person get back with their ex after their ex cheated on them. Amy has been extremely nice and thoughtful by allowing people to interact with the game such as creating the cave of wonders room amongst other things. At the end of the day though, she doesn't have to let anyone decide. should people voice their concerns? yes. It make the game a whole lot better and has. but to throw out the good things staff has done compared to a few slips seems wrong(even if it was a slip up..). But i think it's wrong to have say in things we shouldn't have say in without knowing everything. I usually come off strong so forgive my first post. @Jasmine What about the hours of coding? did solar do that as well? what about the server costs? all i'm saying is it seems to me that people are ridiculing amy and other staff and disregarding a lot of things for a one incident. people do make mistakes.

CandyCars

I see your point on that, a lot of people including myself use vmk to relief stress. i see a lot of people put themselves in situations that bring them down. almost like watching a person get back with their ex after their ex cheated on them. Amy has been extremely nice and thoughtful by allowing people to interact with the game such as creating the cave of wonders room amongst other things. At the end of the day though, she doesn't have to let anyone decide. should people voice their concerns? yes. It make the game a whole lot better and has. but to throw out the good things staff has done compared to a few slips seems wrong(even if it was a slip up..). But i think it's wrong to have say in things we shouldn't have say in without knowing everything. I usually come off strong so forgive my first post. @Jasmine What about the hours of coding? did solar do that as well? what about the server costs? all i'm saying is it seems to me that people are ridiculing amy and other staff and disregarding a lot of things for a one incident. people do make mistakes.
And this new promoted admin has made far more than a few mistakes. Enough is enough!

Jasmine

What does that have to do with people wanting the game to be changed though? We're all extremely proud of what Amy has accomplished (I personally think it's amazing what she accomplished basically on her own), but as has been said multiple times already, that doesn't mean that the game is being run perfectly and doesn't need any type change.

Status
Not open for further replies.