CLOSE/DELETE PLEASE

Monorail said:
How about 2 separate badges, that can't both be obtained?
First 24 hours - Day 1 Badge
First 25-72 hours - Here form the Beginning badge
I actually like your idea a lot better. Leave the Day 1 badge for those here from the first 24 hours, and then have a separate badge for those here since the first 48-72.

Genius.

Horseytink

Lover of all things Disney!
Cindrbellas said:
DisneyFan said:
I like the name "Here from day 1". I really wish nothing from the original game changes. I mean we're already using the same files, sounds and artwork. Might as well just leave it the way it is. If we keep changing stuff, I feel like it's going to turn out like VFK.
Agreed. I'm a bit concerned and perplexed. We all love VMK that's why we're here and we only got to play for 5 days, but everyone wants to change something. I'm concerned with quality of new items introduced too, and and other big additions. I'm picky and want everything to fit and match. I think Amy fixing up the game as it existed is more than enough for her to be doing. Just my thoughts.
I 100% agree also. Instead of already trying to introduce new things into the game, let's just get everything that was already established on vmk back up and going (this should take up a fair share of time all on its own. We have three years of game play to recreate guys). Also, I don't really mind about the Here from day one badge or here from the beginning, but just remember that if they are having server issues like the first beta day of ovmk then not everyone will be able to log-on on day one even though they may be trying and just not getting through. I dont think it will be fair to everyone who was trying, just a thought to consider. Also, if there is not enough warning of opening day then it also won't be all that fair for the day one badge.
Still I am so excited to be in the kingdom once again, long live VMK!

AthleticAisha

Monorail said:
I really like this idea! Hopefully our server will be able to fit and handle all of us so whoever is available can actually get on for the first 24 hours.

I like the idea of a beta badge and if we are going to get another badge then I like the day 1 idea. I think the beta community is small so that seems more special and then for all the rest who were there when the game opened there is the day 1 badge.

Myth

Krista said:
Monorail said:

Perfect!
Thats very repetive though. I feel like if youre not there from day 1 then you just dont get one, simple as that

Shrimp

Fiyero said:
Monorail said:
I don't really care for this idea. I'm not trying to walk around MMK with a bunch of random badges on my profile because we felt the need to include everyone, to be perfectly frank.

I just say we keep the name the same and offer for 48-72 hours. If you don't make it on then, you don't get the badge
THANK YOU.

Lord, stop having little debates over what to decide for little things. I'm not going to spend walking around VMK clicking at people and doing a survey on who was here since Day 1 and who was here "Since the Beginning". What if that starts up some cliques and unnecessary drama? THERE WILL ALWAYS BE SOMEONE SPOILING THINGS IN THE GAME.

KEEP THE NAME, CHANGE IT IF YOU WANT DRAMA.

booglie

I don't really like this idea. The original Day 1 badges were given out for the first month, so I don't see why people have such a problem with it making perfect sense when it would only be given for the first few days

Harmony

VMK's resident friendly ghost
As neat as I thought the separate badges were, I recall not only me, but a lot of people having trouble getting on when OVMK opened up. I didn't get on until day 2 because of all the maintenance and problems from a full server. I'm not complaining here, I really don't mind what I get or even if I get anything as long as I can play the game. BUT, I feel like maybe they should do a Day 1 badge for the first 2 or 3 days so basically everyone would be able to have a small chance to get the badge.

Geggy

Fruits said:
So Amy was talking to me and she has come up with the idea of if we were to say, leave the Day 1 Badge open to all for the first 2-3 days. We wouldn't necessarily call it the "Day 1 Badge" anymore. We were thinking of changing the name to "Here From the Beginning" or "Here Since the Beginning". What do you guys think?

Sincerely,
Fruits
In my opinion, it's all semantics. Calling it "Day 1" won't be negated because people are signed up over a few days instead. One day...three days...it won't matter in a few months/years.

I think it should be called "Here From Day 1" because that's what it was called in VMK even though it was given out for almost a month --- if that's good enough for Disney it's good enough for me!

V_MK

I've got a dream
The_Jedi_Master said:
I'd prefer the name remain the same regardless of how the badge is release. It's nitpicking to be like "But people can get it on day 2. It's thinking to logically about it. Day 1 on the badge is a reference to the beginning, not a literal day 1.
Agreed very much. "Here since the beginning" is way too long & i'd rather us not change it too much and have a bunch of unnecessary pins. Amy not even having played the original game, (or so I heard) I hope she really takes into consideration the people's opinions who played it before.

So I vote no name change.

if you aren't there from day one then you technically aren't there from the beginning...
whole thing sounds redundant.

one or the other i would be fine with.

The Day One badge is something special, and yeah, it doesn't matter after awhile, but still.... I too couldn't get into OVMK on the first day, but was very happy to see my Day One badge given on the 2nd day when I finally made it into the park. I do think it should be given over a period of time for those of us who make a concerted effort to get in the game :)

Spyro

I had the day 1 badge in VMK, but I know I didn't make it in to the game for about 4 days or so. I think it was just representative of being there at the start and not so literally just the very first day.

MagicMatt said:
The_Jedi_Master said:
Day 1 on the badge is a reference to the beginning, not a literal day 1.
I agree with this. I'd rather we keep the name but still offer it for a couple of days.
Agreed. I don't see the reason for being so technical. If Disney did it this way, I don't see why we shouldn't.

The badge has a 1 on it... I think it should still be called here from day one regardless of the fact that it could be offered the first few days. Like everyone is saying, Disney offered it all through beta.