CokeStudios!

Have you heard of Amys CokeStudios project too? Its Amazing!

Unfortuantely, the URL is down... but we can discuss the game here!

Foamy

Yeah, that was how I found out about the VMK project, actually. I hope once she's finished with VMK she makes a return to Coke Studios. I always liked the atmosphere of Coke Studios a lot better.

Coke Studios is Coca-Cola's attempt at a MMOCC. It was built off of Sulake's Habbo Engine and coke's artists designed the characters while sulake designed the furniture. It was open for a year or so but closed due to lack of support, and money.

Amy

Head Administrator
bog.frog said:
Coke Studios is Coca-Cola's attempt at a MMOCC. It was built off of Sulake's Habbo Engine and coke's artists designed the characters while sulake designed the furniture. It was open for a year or so but closed due to lack of support, and money.
That's inaccurate... it was open from 2001 to 2007. At some point, around 2006, it was remade abandoning the Habbo engine. At that point a lot of the exploits, lag and issues appeared.

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
Amy said:
bog.frog said:
That's inaccurate... it was open from 2001 to 2007. At some point, around 2006, it was remade abandoning the Habbo engine. At that point a lot of the exploits, lag and issues appeared.

Okay thanks for clearing that up. I only played it during the habbo engine.

Amy said:
Lance said:
Its pretty much what VMK was based off of. I'm pretty sure Amy is no longer attempting this project.
None of that is true :p
What are you talking about? VMK was based off the same concept and format as habbo & coke. That's a fact.
& i was just assuming you were't working on it since you have been doing so much with VMK. I dont see how you would have the time or resources to run 2 & build two games at once.

Amy

Head Administrator
Lance said:
Amy said:
Lance said:
Its pretty much what VMK was based off of. I'm pretty sure Amy is no longer attempting this project.
None of that is true :p
What are you talking about? VMK was based off the same concept and format as habbo & coke. That's a fact.
& i was just assuming you were't working on it since you have been doing so much with VMK. I dont see how you would have the time or resources to run 2 & build two games at once.
I'm still working on Coke, I just don't spend much time on it anymore. I got the wrong idea for what you meant though (with Coke being what VMK was based off of), I took it more literally because Coke v1 was based off of the habbo codebase, and VMK was based on the habbo codebase as well (though a later and much more dramatically altered version).

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
Here's what i got from this conversation

Habbo started it all
MyCoke v1 was built from habbo
MyCoke v2 was built elsewhere
VMK was built from Habbo

Cutemeganrose

bog.frog said:
I thought it looked alot like Habbo...

Gamecrazy

It was a pretty amazing game, I didn't play much because at the time I was obsessed with VMK, but when I did play I loved it. The ability to create music and show it to other players and have them rate it was a pretty unique concept.

Saw this on you tube.. actually what lead me to ovmk in the first place, her work is amazing... I see her being a multi millionaire some day :P