Community feedback on rares

What method do you prefer to obtain rares?

• Crates with keys (crates #1/green crates)

Votes: 32 53.3%
  • Pop up crates (pumpkin crates/Minnie and Mickey baskets)

Votes: 16 26.7%
  • Flash sales

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Limited time Host events

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 3 5.0%

• Total voters
I am going to vote with crates/keys since all the other options you have given are time sensitive. Not everyone can get on every day, nor at the times that might be given. Lately most host events (and the flash sale) were around 9pm which is 2am my time. There used to be plenty of players who attended the morning host events and those people are also missing out. I know of several USA players who have evening commitments so can only get on during the day.

VMKfan

I also agree, hopefully we could get something implemented like crate/key system again. There are hardly any players left 200 max? And although the flash sale did bring players back it was for a very short time. We need ideas that will keep players intrigued and playing. Otherwise everything seems so repetitive

I like both crates/keys and pop up crates because it's a little more fair and everyone has a chance because of different time zones, plus i kinda of miss doing keys... but either are fun and fine with me.

I chose other since I think it should be a mix of everything since they all can have different ways of obtaining rares. Maybe split up the set quantity of a rare between the different methods so everyone has a chance. All of the methods require luck, but some more than others (crates) and some are skill like host events or flash sales. There are so many ways to handle distributing rares it can be overwhelming, but I think the poll was a good idea to see where everyone stands.

I chose keys and crates but I would also be happy with pop up crates. Halloween 2013 was hands down the funnest day on here to date. And when people complain about some getting hostile over them recently with the easter baskets, it was the same back then too. Just find another room, it's all the same, and you'll probably get more anymore. If Amy does do crates and keys, I'd ask if she please include them again in the shells game (is that even still a thing?), for the people like me who are absolutely worthless at every other game.

I vote for popup crates like we had at Easter. Easily the most fun I've had in this game. I met so many people, and many of us took turns grabbing baskets. We would converse on what we got in our baskets and overall it was just an awesome experience. I probably went through hundreds of baskets, getting repeats of the items I already had searching and hoping that a rare item would come out of one of them. It also worked perfect with my work schedule. I am not always available to be on all the time, especially during HOST events. So this allowed me to go on as I could and collect as many baskets as I wanted. Just my :2cents:.​

I wouldn't mind a mixture or all the options listed!
It would add variety that way. Some rares could only be attainable in certain ways, like maybe the ultra rare would be in a flash sale or limited time host event while slightly less rares could be released in the crates/keys option. Then, with the crates (like the easter baskets, turkeys, etc) they could have regular rares with maybe one item that's harder to get than others.
That way all ways are implemented with an opportunity to get at least 1 rarer item.

Out of the options listed, I'd have to say keys and crates were the most efficient way. Crate #1s and gold keys were around for a good amount of time, and everyone had their fair share of chances with them. Gold keys were available through NPCs, shells, and fireworks games. In the future, it might be beneficial to cut out the NPCs (as it would keep the cloning somewhat under control). But winning keys through mini games seems the fairest way...The "luck" involved is minimal and it actually requires some skill to earn them.

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
I think crates and keys are the best, gives everyone a a fair opportunity to acquire them since it is not dependent on a short period of time (Like a host event or flash sale). Maybe instead of more tsum tsums (Do we really need more of them??), we could have a system like that where every certain number of points for each minigame, you get a key. Similiar to how the popcorn magic was released.

Only thing to watch out for is the time between keys and crates. Hopefully if done in the future, it wont end up like green keys where there were months upon months between the period where keys ended and crates actually showed up. Caused green keys to fetch incredibly high prices, which was annoying to people like me who joined after the keys were being done given out, but before crates were released.

I prefer the single use crates you purchase.

You can purchase as many as it takes to get the rare you desire. No key needed, you get to keep the empty crate or sell it back for 5% of original cost.
Make the crate available the entire month so players have ample time to purchase as many as they desire/afford. Make the odds of the rare no more then
1 in 500 and the super rare no more then 1 in 2000.

Example 1 (Gold Crate):

Crate = 500 credits sell back = 25 credits

Purchase 500 crates gives you a 1-4 shot at ultra rare and 1-1 shot at super rare.
250,000 credits purchase price, sell back empties for 12,500 credits for total
cost of 237,500 credits.

Example 2 (Silver Crate):

Crate = 100 credits sell back = 5 credits

Purchase 500 crates gives you a 1-4 shot at super rare and 1-1 shot at rare.
50,000 credits purchase price, sell back empties for 2,500 credits for total
cost of 48,500 credits.
For purchase wise, you mean kinda how the blue, pink and black crates were distributed? I loved that, I think they should do that with rares (but without a color scheme).