Disney Channel Introduces Gay's

Status
Not open for further replies.

VampireBoy

I consider myself a devout Christian woman and here is what I have to say.

When I was a senior in high school (about 3.5 years ago) my parents decided to split up. My parents never fought, never cursed, nothing. I was so confused. A few months later my dad sat down with me and told me that he was gay. He said he had felt it all his life, but he chose to ignore the feelings up until that point. At first I was upset and confused because my dad was a Christian man, and my whole life I grew up believing how homosexuality was a sin. I struggled with this for a couple years. But I have recently come up with something.

I have lied, cheated, and made poor decisions in my life. I sin every single day, and that's something that is never going to change. So how is my sin any better or worse than than anyone else's? My dad and I are the equals in the eyes of God. He loves us for who we are. He chooses to look past our flaws and sins. He loves us unconditionally. So shouldn't I do the same?

What I choose to do now is love. I love my dad with all of my heart. He is one of the greatest dads out there. People who are gay, lesbian, bisexual, etc.? I love them too. Just like God loves all of us.

So I commend the Disney Channel for bringing in the lesbian couple. This is our society today. In the end it doesn't matter what I or anyone else thinks about homosexuality. It's all about spreading the love. <3
Your right and I definitely say Amen to that and God is very rewarding to people like you that are willing to preach his love and care for others.

It saddens me to see topics such as these on the forums. I believe every person should feel welcome to be here and this is not a very welcoming topic at all. I think this would best be deleted, as per the rules, highly debatable topics should not be discussed in order to keep the peace. There are plenty of other forums out there that welcome such debates, I hope you are able to seek out a forum outside of this one that allows you to debate this hot topics as much as you would like. As a Catholic myself, a branch of Christianity, I seek to welcome all and treat everyone with equal respect.

"Let him who is without sin cast the first stone" ... Just a friendly reminder.

Too many people that try to be politically correct in front of others in forums. Truth is you shouldnt teach your kids that gay is ok. If disney chanel is doing this for children, its wrong

Why are people shoving religion down others throats though. Booooo

Thank you all for voicing your opinions. However I am going to close this thread, as it violates a number of rules;

Flaming
Any posts that are hateful or mean in nature will be removed immediately. We do not tolerate attacks based on race, religion, gender, s**ual orientation, or political affiliation or any posts indicating grieving other users on the forums or in game . No personal threats or harassment. This includes posting pictures representing an attack. Debate opinions and not the people behind them.
Disrespect
Content that is disrespectful will not be tolerated and will be removed. This includes, but is not limited to: calling people names, insulting others, starting arguments, using hurtful sarcasm, and publicly criticizing staff members.
Highly Controversial Topics
These conversations tend to lead to violent outbursts based on strong personal beliefs. Posts which contain political commentary, religious or other highly controversial topics will be removed and action will be taken depending on the severity. These topics may (but are not limited to) contain beliefs/opinions on religion, political subject matter (i.e., new governmental laws, candidates, etc.), abortion, se*ual orientation and/or highly controversial current events.

Status
Not open for further replies.