Disney in Pictures: Then and Now

raemoon

twitter.com/mafuriko
:wave:

Hello,
a picture popped up on Twitter today and it gave me an idea :)
I decided to start a thread of old photos of Walt Disney or old/new photos of Disneyland. I just thought it might be interesting to see how it has changed and as we're all Disney fans here, I thought it might be sort of educational for us too! :)
Anyway, if you come across any pictures of Disneyland or Walt himself, be sure to post them here and of course if you have any pictures you, yours friends or family took in Disneyland it might be fun to share these too.
I hope this is of interest to others as well as me!

raemoon

Below: Walt Disney filming on a beach in Rio de Janeiro, 1941 (Photo by Hart Preston)

"Before Disneyland opens, Walt Disney takes an early-morning stroll through Sleeping Beauty Castle."

Here's another one of Disneyland's opening.

I don't really know how you guys found your pictures. O_O

I found these randomly on the internet. I don't use twitter much because it tends to bore me lol.

Elias

Suitcase and a Dream

Anyone remember the animator desk in original VMK? I want one. Also, Walt Disney had hairy arms. :|
This is not a photo of Walt Disney. This is a photo taken of his partner in animation of Mickey Mouse at that time, Ub Iwerks.

karkat

flying saucers in disneyland @ what is now the tomrorowland stage

This was a pirateship restuarant located somewhere around what is now the current dumbo area @ disneyland (fantasyland has changed a lot)

do u want to go to disneyland and ride a mule cus u could

all pcitures from yesterland (obv.)