Fireworks: Questions and Answers

Geggy

I am working on a comprehensive Fireworks Guide that I will post when it is finished. As bugs are worked out of the game, and features are added, then that guide will change to reflect that.

In the meantime, I wanted to open a thread specifically for fireworks questions and answers. The reason for this thread is that I get asked questions about the game on a daily basis, and figured there was a need for answers.

I am very happy to help anyone and everyone achieve higher scores on their fireworks games. The higher your score, the more fun - and more credits - you have! So...feel free to ask me anything regarding Fireworks Remixed, and I will answer to the best of my ability.

Questions I've answered so far (LINKS ARE CURRENTLY BROKEN, but the questions/answers are all within this thread):

UPDATED: What is the best way to go about playing?

What do I do in the higher levels when so many fireworks appear?

How to use the 'Explode All" function properly.

Can we assign functions to different keys?

UPDATED: Do I ever miss fireworks?

Further explanation about the "Explode All" feature.

Use of the "Lock" feature.

UPDATED: Is the "Coming In" feature useful?

How are credits given?

Should I focus more on getting flawless, or more on getting bonus combos?

Last edited:

Geggy

What is the best way to go about playing? Just focus on getting flawless, or just try and get every firework? Thanks!
That is a great question - perhaps the most common question I receive!

The best way to play is to focus on getting flawless hits. If you have a skip a firework or two (or three or four in the higher levels), then it's best to maintain your flawless bonus, rather than getting lower points from Awesome/Good/Ok/Oops.

Here's the breakdown of points for two scenarios - the first is all flawless hits, and the second is with one awesome hit (in bold, on firework#3):

Firework # Points Points
1 8 8
2 20 20
3 36 26
4 56 34
5 80 46
6 104 62
7 128 82
8 152 106
9 176 130
10 200 154

The end result of all flawless hits is 200 points in that scenario. With an "awesome" hit on Firework#3 in the second scenario, the end result is a score of 154. All flawless, even if you skip a firework or two, will result in a better score. :)

EDIT: Now that bonus combos are back in the game (thank you, Amy!!!), then I purposefully miss some of the fireworks on occasion - if I get more points from the combination than I would from getting all of the fireworks in between. I also purposefully hit some fireworks on less than a flawless hit for the same reason - the points from the combination are more valuable than what I would lose from getting an 'awesome' hit.

Last edited:

Geggy

Thank you Geggy!

In the higher levels, I find it hard to decide which ones to hit when I get 6 different colors coming at me, so I freeze and wind up not getting any. What do you do in that situation?
Well, if you hesitate, then try to get what you can. If you think quickly, you can determine which fireworks to hit in what order. By that, I mean that some of the fireworks are ready to hit more quickly than others. An example of that is the second firework (brown circle-star) is ready a split second before the third firework (three pink rings). If you time some of those right, then you can get multiple hits from the group. Hopefully that makes sense!

The side-note to this answer is that it depends on the timing of the release. If they are released at the exact time, then the above timing works perfectly. If they are released at different times, then their individual timing will determine which firework you have to hit first. Since some are ready to explode earlier than others, the timing of the explosion takes practice and finesse...

KrazyBella

I have a question, if someone wants to refresh my memory with the "explode all" button... Do you need to be on a certain firework? For example, I see 4 green fireworks on the screen so I am going to highlight the green firework and then click explode all? The other fireworks on screen then get oops, correct? I seem to keep getting oops, ok, good whenever I try the explode all, so just wondering if I was missing something!

Geggy

I have a question, if someone wants to refresh my memory with the "explode all" button... Do you need to be on a certain firework? For example, I see 4 green fireworks on the screen so I am going to highlight the green firework and then click explode all? The other fireworks on screen then get oops, correct? I seem to keep getting oops, ok, good whenever I try the explode all, so just wondering if I was missing something!
As it stands, the "explode all" feature isn't needed. However, when everything functions up to specs, then you are correct: if you see four green fireworks on screen, you need to have the green firework highlighted at the bottom when you explode all (hit the space bar for that, unless you reassign that to a different key on your keyboard). Anything that's not green will get an oops or ok.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
Here's another question, I've been told the best strategy is to get flawless continuously and focus on that. But the flawless bonus multiplier doesn't always work (unless it's been fixed by this time and I'm misinformed, feel free to correct me) so not every flawless hit is registered which has been my problem for a while now. I get flawless hits that don't register, so I try to get awesome hits too, and end up barely breaking 1k as my score and getting a ******** poor 100 credits to go with it. Help? :(

Wait-

We can assign the functions to different keys on our keyboard!? Does this include the arrow keys because that's what's killing me. I have my right hand on the mouse and my left hand reaching over to the right side of the keyboard lol

My score is about to improve!

KrazyBella

As it stands, the "explode all" feature isn't needed. However, when everything functions up to specs, then you are correct: if you see four green fireworks on screen, you need to have the green firework highlighted at the bottom when you explode all (hit the space bar for that, unless you reassign that to a different key on your keyboard). Anything that's not green will get an oops or ok.
Ah ok, thank you! :)

Geggy

Wait-

We can assign the functions to different keys on our keyboard!? Does this include the arrow keys because that's what's killing me. I have my right hand on the mouse and my left hand reaching over to the right side of the keyboard lol

From what I've been told, yes. I've never done that, myself, but I hear it's possible. The space bar is certainly a long distance on a regular desktop keyboard!
You are quite welcome!

- - - Updated - - -

Here's another question, I've been told the best strategy is to get flawless continuously and focus on that. But the flawless bonus multiplier doesn't always work (unless it's been fixed by this time and I'm misinformed, feel free to correct me) so not every flawless hit is registered which has been my problem for a while now. I get flawless hits that don't register, so I try to get awesome hits too, and end up barely breaking 1k as my score and getting a ******** poor 100 credits to go with it. Help? :(
As of last night, the flawless multiplier has been fixed. For most of us, that will mean more consistency in our scores. Hopefully you'll be able to tell the difference! :)

Shrimp

Hi. Can you play for me so I can buy furniture? Thx.

Lol kidding.

What is the average score you get in level 1, level 2, level 3, and level 4? I can't tell if I'm playing in the average zone.

Geggy

Lol kidding.

What is the average score you get in level 1, level 2, level 3, and level 4? I can't tell if I'm playing in the average zone.
All flawless scores for the first few levels are:

Stage 1, Lvl 1: 296
Stage 1, Lvl 2: 592
Stage 1, Lvl 3: 912
Stage 2, Lvl 1: 1256
Stage 2, Lvl 2: 1600
Stage 2, Lvl 3: 1922

After that, I haven't managed to get to without making some sort of mistake.

Shrimp

All flawless scores for the first few levels are:

Stage 1, Lvl 1: 296
Stage 1, Lvl 2: 592
Stage 1, Lvl 3: 912
Stage 2, Lvl 1: 1256
Stage 2, Lvl 2: 1600
Stage 2, Lvl 3: 1922

After that, I haven't managed to get to without making some sort of mistake.
Omg you get the score in level 3 that I get in level 5, hahahah.

How many games of Fireworks have you played to date?

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
Wait-

How do you reassign the keys?

- - - Updated - - -

From what I've been told, yes. I've never done that, myself, but I hear it's possible. The space bar is certainly a long distance on a regular desktop keyboard!

You are quite welcome!

- - - Updated - - -

As of last night, the flawless multiplier has been fixed. For most of us, that will mean more consistency in our scores. Hopefully you'll be able to tell the difference! :)
Thank you! I'll give it another go!

- - - Updated - - -

Lol kidding.

Girlfriend the pumpkins are 750 :(!

Geggy

Omg you get the score in level 3 that I get in level 5, hahahah.

How many games of Fireworks have you played to date?
In MyVMK, I've probably played 30ish games? I'm not really sure. In VMK, I played over 2,000 games, so I have lots of residual experience for this rendition of Remixed.
Lol Geggy can afford a pumpkin AND a bat bag with just one game of Fireworks while we common people need like 4.
Which is why I hope to help people get better scores, and better credit output. :)

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!

You are quite welcome!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for telling me! The multiplier works now and I've gotten a much better score this time than before. With more and more practice I'm sure I'll get better at it. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Lol Geggy can afford a pumpkin AND a bat bag with just one game of Fireworks while we common people need like 4.
#thevmklife #thepoorlife :(

Jasmine

Thanks for the advice!
Even with this method, the best I've gotten is around 900 :(... I guess I'm too slow? xD