BaseballStarz

All flawless scores for the first few levels are:

Stage 1, Lvl 1: 296
Stage 1, Lvl 2: 592
Stage 1, Lvl 3: 912
Stage 2, Lvl 1: 1256
Stage 2, Lvl 2: 1600
Stage 2, Lvl 3: 1922

After that, I haven't managed to get to without making some sort of mistake.
There was one time on Stage 2, Level 3 I managed to get 2,024 points.. Really not sure how I did that

Inferno

All flawless scores for the first few levels are:

Stage 1, Lvl 1: 296
Stage 1, Lvl 2: 592
Stage 1, Lvl 3: 912
Stage 2, Lvl 1: 1256
Stage 2, Lvl 2: 1600
Stage 2, Lvl 3: 1922

After that, I haven't managed to get to without making some sort of mistake.
you ever miss any before these rounds? or hit every one?
I usually only get 1,000 points in the two last rounds... for some reason i bomb completely

Oh how I miss original fireworks...I've only done a few games since busting out the mouse again, but having a hard time pushing past 3000.

Geggy, any idea on average (for reference) how many you miss or skip in those last couple stages? I feel like such a spaz on those.

Also, when you say the explode all isn't necessary, does that mean you don't use it or that setting a certain firework to use it isn't necessary? I wasn't quite clear on that.

Geggy

There was one time on Stage 2, Level 3 I managed to get 2,024 points.. Really not sure how I did that
I have had at least one level where I was able to get two fireworks at the same time, when I usually can't at that exact point in my other games. I didn't include those scores with my scores above, but I would surmise that's how you got that score. ;)

Uhm????? I got 300 points from stage 1 trying to get all flawless. It just doesn't work.
It does work...it's just not super easy. Keep on practicing. :)
thanks for the information!
hopefully I can start to get my old scores again. :)
You are quite welcome - I hope all of us can achieve our old scores again!!
you ever miss any before these rounds? or hit every one?
I usually only get 1,000 points in the two last rounds... for some reason i bomb completely
Oh, I miss fireworks all the time. These are just the scores that I have achieved when I haven't missed any up to that point. As of now, that's not something I do all of the time...someday, perhaps. lol

EDIT: Now that bonus combos are back in the game (thank you, Amy!!!), then I purposefully miss some of the fireworks on occasion - if I get more points from the combination than I would from getting all of the fireworks in between. I also purposefully hit some fireworks on less than a flawless hit for the same reason - the points from the combination are more valuable than what I would lose from getting an 'awesome' hit.

I'm improving from continuous practice, I don't get anything below a 2100. But it's getting boring REAL fast.
I'll take fireworks any day over clams, that's all I'm sayin'! ;)
Oh how I miss original fireworks...I've only done a few games since busting out the mouse again, but having a hard time pushing past 3000.

Geggy, any idea on average (for reference) how many you miss or skip in those last couple stages? I feel like such a spaz on those.

Also, when you say the explode all isn't necessary, does that mean you don't use it or that setting a certain firework to use it isn't necessary? I wasn't quite clear on that.
Umm, I feel like a spaz on some of those levels as well, Jules! It's just spazzing onto the right firework or not. lol

What I mean by the 'explode all' not being necessary right now is because the game isn't programmed to need it too much. I have found only a couple places where the 'explode all' function has any real use...but that's tempered by the fact that the last group of fireworks aren't currently being counted toward our scores. So...it's almost a useless function right now.

Speaking of useless functions...anyone use the "lock" feature at the bottom? That's way too confusing for me...

Shrimp

Speaking of useless functions...anyone use the "lock" feature at the bottom? That's way too confusing for me...
I accidently clicked that during a round and had a mini panic attack cos I had no idea what I was doing or what shape was going on. I WONDER WHO HAS EVER BEEN ABLE TO USE IT PROPERLY.

...but that's tempered by the fact that the last group of fireworks aren't currently being counted toward our scores.
They aren't? Are you talking about those bursts of, like, a dozen fireworks that come at the end of a few of the levels?

I never understood the point of that function.

Geggy

They aren't? Are you talking about those bursts of, like, a dozen fireworks that come at the end of a few of the levels?
I'm talking about every single level. I don't know how many of the fireworks in the 'big-burst' levels don't count toward your score, but in the very first level the last three (3) fireworks don't count toward your score.

My guess is that this phenomenon is a side-effect of the 'fix' that was needed for the glitch that was exposed a few days ago...but that's just a guess.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
Okay so... something funky is going on with fireworks now. Either it's not counting my points... or it's docking me points... either way I don't get it and I'm uber confused right now.

On my last game:
- Level 1: Stage 1: finish score 200pts.
- Level 1: Stage 2: Starting score 114pts

I was docked a total of 86 points and I don't understand why.

Not it get's stranger, I played through the rest of the game, although upset I wanted some credits for my troubles.
My ending score was 979pts. Now assuming (and hoping) I wasn't docked anymore points throughout the game without my knowledge, 979 x .20 = roughly comes to 195 credits. With the 86 points I know I'd lost, my score should have been 1065pts, which multiplied by the .20, comes out to about 213 credits.

When I returned to the lobby, I was awarded 303 credits... so either this game is very buggy, or I'm tripping out over here LOL. Help???

I said something to Kevin in the chatbox about it, but he was either busy and didn't catch what I said, or ignored me. I'd like to think the former rather than the latter haha.

Geggy

I use the lock feature because it helps you judge how to get to the other symbol faster.
Well, more power to you, then! ;)

Okay so... something funky is going on with fireworks now. Either it's not counting my points... or it's docking me points... either way I don't get it and I'm uber confused right now.

On my last game:
- Level 1: Stage 1: finish score 200pts.
- Level 1: Stage 2: Starting score 114pts

I was docked a total of 86 points and I don't understand why.

Not it get's stranger, I played through the rest of the game, although upset I wanted some credits for my troubles.
My ending score was 979pts. Now assuming (and hoping) I wasn't docked anymore points throughout the game without my knowledge, 979 x .20 = roughly comes to 195 credits. With the 86 points I know I'd lost, my score should have been 1065pts, which multiplied by the .20, comes out to about 213 credits.

When I returned to the lobby, I was awarded 303 credits... so either this game is very buggy, or I'm tripping out over here LOL. Help???

I said something to Kevin in the chatbox about it, but he was either busy and didn't catch what I said, or ignored me. I'd like to think the former rather than the latter haha.
So, you were awarded credits that would have equaled a game score of about 1500, but the supposed final score was 979? I'd say that was a bug, and that the score that was reduced still counted toward your overall.

I am glad that some of these bugs, though disconcerting, don't affect the final outcome! :)

I use the lock feature because it helps you judge how to get to the other symbol faster.
Yeah?? Can you explain the difference to me cause I still haven't figured it out. But I'm also incredibly impatient and when I couldn't see an immediate difference, I changed it back. I may have to give it another go.

Geggy

I do. Makes it easier for me to navigate, I guess it's personal preference.
A'ight, 2 people backing it up now. I'm convinced to at least give it another shot.
I just do that in my head - knowing how far away each firework is from the others. I don't have time to actually look at the list of fireworks down below. Either way, it's certainly personal preference. :)

First of all, thanks so much for this thread! I'm slowly getting better :)

Is the 'Coming In' panel useful during the game?
You are quite welcome! I hope your improvement continues!!

The 'Coming In' panel is sometimes useful. The firework on the bottom of the stack of two is the one that is next out of the gate. I find it very useful at the beginning of each level.

EDIT: Now that Fireworks Remixed has Bonus Combos again, the 'Coming In' panel is very useful! It allows you to plan ahead for some of the combinations.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
Well, more power to you, then! ;)

So, you were awarded credits that would have equaled a game score of about 1500, but the supposed final score was 979? I'd say that was a bug, and that the score that was reduced still counted toward your overall.

I am glad that some of these bugs, though disconcerting, don't affect the final outcome! :)
I am as well! I was pleasantly surprised. But Kevin mentioned in the shoutbox that that isn't how the score is awarded. Is the award system for credits no longer 20 percent of your final score?