Forum Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys :wave:

Some of you may have noticed a few things changing around the forums the past few days. I am going to keep this thread updated with any changes that occur over the next while to keep you all up-to-date.

02/12/14
* Please note: BUMPing is now acceptable every 12 hours. *

02/16/14
* Please note: You will not be able to view any other members' requests, other than your own. See Silhouette's announcement here. *

02/19/14
  • Quote Notification has been added so that you can now receive a PM notification telling you that someone has quoted a post of yours.
* Please note: You must TURN THIS FEATURE ON: Settings > General Settings > Messaging & Notification > Visitor Messaging > Quote Notification > Private Message (and save this)

02/23/14

• Word filter has been added forum-wide (removes inappropriate/profane words)
02/25/14
  • New font colours added to the shoutbox; extremely bright ones have been removed
03/05/14

• Forum Rules updated to include "Backseat Moderating"
  • Double posts will be merged automatically (within 12 hours)
  • Can close own threads in User-Made Contests area
  • Users have 1 day to add a poll to their thread (if they forget)
  • Users have permission to edit their thread titles for 1 day (use "Thread Tools")
* Please note: If it has been more than 1 day since posting your thread and you want the title changed, PM a forum staff member

03/06/14

• Tapatalk is working again
03/10/14
03/11/14

• Notification error fixed
03/12/14

• From now on, staff will PM members a short reason if a post of theirs is deleted
03/20/14

• Thank You/Like Button (use the cyan skin for maximum button prettiness!)
  • Thanks stats in postbit
03/23/14

• Quote Notifications (by default everybody is PMed on quotes)
  • Thanks can now be hidden, see this post.
  • Mentions in postbit
04/13/14

• CurleeQ and Captain-Heather promoted to Moderators
04/20/14

04/22/14

05/19/14
  • Switched to Xenforo

06/06/14

---------------------------

Thank you all for your continued suggestions and support in making our forums fun!
MyVMK Staff :)

Last edited:
Nice progress indeed, also very grateful for the inbox limit being raised to 500

Thank goodness that we have a RPG section now. Who wants to start a thread soon? Well!

I also forgot to mention (now added);

PM limit has been raised to 500!

Jasmine

What's all this "Post Thanks" stuff I'm seeing? I am very confuse.
They installed the DB Tech "Thanks" mod and they also installed the "Ignore Signatures" mod I suggested a while ago.

New additions for today have been added;

02/19/14

• Thanks/Like button
  • Ignore Signatures manually by clicking the X located on the right-hand side of the signature that you no longer wish to view
  • Quote Notification has been added so that you can now receive a PM notification telling you that someone has quoted a post of yours.

* Please note: You must TURN THIS FEATURE ON: Settings > General Settings > Messaging & Notification > Visitor Messaging > Quote Notification > Private Message (and save this)

Aptil

°☆。* Unburnable Trash *・°☆
Aaa wow that quote notification feature will come in handy~ Uhmm sorry if this iiiiis a touchy question or something but is there a forum skin in the works too right now? Just wondering since this forum is being upgraded bit by bit so I thought that wouldn't be out of the question ;v;''

New additions for today have been added;

02/19/14

• Thanks/Like button
  • Ignore Signatures manually by clicking the X located on the right-hand side of the signature that you no longer wish to view

And the nested quotes work.

A

ABrighterFuture

How does the Post Thanks / Like feature work? I don't see what happens when I click on the arrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.