Goodbye From PudgeTheFish... (On August 1st)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PudgeTheFish

It's to late/early for me
I am writing this at 3:00 in the morning so please don't comment on the mistakes I make while typing..

I honestly never saw myself writing one of these..

So a really close friend of mine opened my eyes to see something today. This special person decided she was going to quit today.. She wouldn't tell me why. After asking many times for the reason she was leaving, I finally got the answer. She told me that she originally came to VMK to relieve her childhood. She said VMK was a distraction to many things in her life. She would not do very well on tests.... ETC.. But in the long run there was NO benefit from spending so much time on a virtual game.

This person's decisions really got me thinking, thinking about my own personal life. I am turning 16 on September 8th. I am going into my Sophomore year of highschool and I really want to do well. I joined VMK on October 14, 2014. And as I am writing this right now, it is my 279th day playing VMK. I feel as if I have been wasting my childhood.. though most people relieve their childhoods while playing MyVmk.. Let's say I play 1 hour of vmk daily (which is so low I can't even explain it)... This would mean that I have spent 279 hours (around there because I'll be honest, I play almost every day)...... That'd mean that I have dedicated about 11 days to VMK. But, I do not play VMK for ONE HOUR a day... There have been times where I have played vmk for close to 12-13 hours.. And now that I am writing about it.. It's kind of embarrassing.. I probably dedicated about 25-30 days of my life to VMK... Let's go with 27 days... that's 648 hours of vmk..... That's 648 hours I could have spent studying for an exam, 648 hours I could've spent with my family/friends.. Yes, I made amazing relationships with many players on VMK, but it still isn't the same as spending real time with real people.

Some of my closest friends in "real life" are straight A students who study hard and get great grades. I have eh.. decent grades.. mostly B's but a few A's here and there. I attend a public school that is nationally rated between 10-25 in the state of (Blanked out for safety purposes) out of 677 other high schools.... I could be getting more out of the school I attend then what I am currently getting out of it. I spend hours playing VMK when I should be studying because EH so what.. In the moment it's fun.. But in the long run.. It really leaves a toll on you.

While writing this, I thought of a movie that explains this really well.. It really portrays what I am trying to get across here in my mind very well. I figured that relating this to a Disney movie was a really good way of showing what I am talking about..

:48 until the end specifically but watch the entire clip...

So.. With that.. I am off to try and live life to the fullest. I am very grateful for all of the friendships that I made in my time here playing VMK.. I might not have gained anything from the game, but I did teach myself how to use photoshop and illustrator.. So that's a plus??

I would like to thank ALL the current/retired staff for all of the work and countless hours they put into the creating of the game and making it so magical.

I will continue to use the forums and maybe design some stuff for fun(as I said before I learned how to use so many different tools in photoshop/illustrator, and VMK is a really good way for me to practice and get better at it). But I will not log into the game unless I am to give some of my items away to close friends.

I hope all of this made sense.. I am really tired..

Love,

PudgeTheFish/Yes.....

Last edited:

Lindsay

I understand exactly where you're coming from. I had similar outlooks until I realized if I don't spend time on here I'm just going to spend it somewhere else like sitting on the couch watching tv. But, everybody has different things they want from their life and I wish you the best. Hopefully you can get what you want out of school and go on to be a great graphic designer or whatever you plan on doing with your new found photoshop/illustrator skills :)

:cry: I'll miss you Pudgey! :hug:
I completely understand taking time away from the game. I realized how many hours I wasted in game months ago and started cutting back on the time I'm in game. Good luck with all your future endeavors, and maybe stop by a time or two!

PUDGEEEEYYY :cry: I'm gonna miss you. I'll never forget playing back when you were simply Yes! I wish you all the happiness you can get. Trust me, taking a break (whether permanent or not) is such a breath of fresh air. Hope to see you on in the future.

joshzj

I like giraffes
For this one I am truely going to miss you (not like my other good byes) because i have known you for about a month or so and we became friends. Thinking about you makes me think that you are a great person and its amazing seeing you do something like this. Once again I will miss you so please drop by every so often to say hi! <3 -Josh

Kelsey

can i have rare

jk good luck in life kiddo

Froglet

Frog + Princess = Froglet ;)
Pudge,

I haven't yet gotten to know you very well on a personal level, but I've learned a little bit about you just watching your posts and seeing you in game, so I want to take a moment to tell you goodbye.

What I learned about you is that you are a wonderful person and have a great head on your shoulders. You write and communicate very well, and seem to have a great deal of insight into people and situations. You are also diligent. I know this because when you do something for the forums/game, it is clear you give it 100%. You are also a guardian of the rules, and a peacemaker.

You will be missed more than most, and I won't lie, it makes me sad. But I am also very proud of you - we should all be so prudent! I wont wish you luck for the future, because I think you already know, it has nothing to do with luck...your future will be what you make it, and it looks like you are on the road to success.

Hope to see you around the forums showing off some of your fancy graphics ;P and updating us on the great things you are doing in real life!

Take care!! :hearts:

PudgeTheFish

Pudge,

I haven't yet gotten to know you very well on a personal level, but I've learned a little bit about you just watching your posts and seeing you in game, so I want to take a moment to tell you goodbye.

What I learned about you is that you are a wonderful person and have a great head on your shoulders. You write and communicate very well, and seem to have a great deal of insight into people and situations. You are also diligent. I know this because when you do something for the forums/game, it is clear you give it 100%. You are also a guardian of the rules, and a peacemaker.

You will be missed more than most, and I won't lie, it makes me sad. But I am also very proud of you - we should all be so prudent! I wont wish you luck for the future, because I think you already know, it has nothing to do with luck...your future will be what you make it, and it looks like you are on the road to success.

Hope to see you around the forums showing off some of your fancy graphics ;P and updating us on the great things you are doing in real life!

Take care!! :hearts:
!! Aw I wish I had met you sooner! [emoji24][emoji24]

PudgeTheFish

Bye Pudge I'll miss you I wish you all the success in the world:hug::halcyon:
I understand exactly where you're coming from. I had similar outlooks until I realized if I don't spend time on here I'm just going to spend it somewhere else like sitting on the couch watching tv. But, everybody has different things they want from their life and I wish you the best. Hopefully you can get what you want out of school and go on to be a great graphic designer or whatever you plan on doing with your new found photoshop/illustrator skills :)
:cry: I'll miss you Pudgey! :hug:
I completely understand taking time away from the game. I realized how many hours I wasted in game months ago and started cutting back on the time I'm in game. Good luck with all your future endeavors, and maybe stop by a time or two!
Pudge, you will be missed. Your reasoning makes total sense, and I wish you luck.
PUDGEEEEYYY :cry: I'm gonna miss you. I'll never forget playing back when you were simply Yes! I wish you all the happiness you can get. Trust me, taking a break (whether permanent or not) is such a breath of fresh air. Hope to see you on in the future.
will miss you pudge!
For this one I am truely going to miss you (not like my other good byes) because i have known you for about a month or so and we became friends. Thinking about you makes me think that you are a great person and its amazing seeing you do something like this. Once again I will miss you so please drop by every so often to say hi! <3 -Josh
Im gonna miss you pudger ;(
can i have rare

jk good luck in life kiddo
No, you're not allowed to leave. I refuse :c
Your reason makes so much sense but UGH i'm still sad. ♥
I'm so sad to leave such an awesome community, you guys rock <3 <3 ty so much :) But... I can hang with ya'll for a few more days :p right?!

Every time I see you I think oh it's just pudge, I'll see him tomorrow, etc. Now I realize that I might see you for the very last time. I always over-looked you i guess, as long as the other people that didn't have strong bonds with me. You and many have made me realize, you guys are there, just like me, staring at a screen. You guys are more than avatars and speech bubbles. With overpriced items, and such. You all have lives to live. Lives should be filled with family, friends, love, friendship. Friendship and bonds do not come from a computer screen. From this realization I stopped spending as much time on here. Sometime soon, i will be in your exact position, faced between school and education, versus childhood and fun. I guess the smartest path for all of us to choose is, of course, school and education. The time I have spent with you, PudgeTheFish, were just brief hello, goodbyes. This goodbye has to be my deepest so far, for the fact that I have known, met, and came across your path many times. But let me tell you, this is not goodbye, it is simply farewell until another day.. ;) Its sad to see someone like you leave, but it is really for the best. I wish you the best of luck with school. *hugs* As Mickey Mouse always says "see ya real soon!" We all need to say goodbye eventually, but it was nice getting to know you. *hugs again* Goodbye PudgeTheFish. :hearts:

PudgeTheFish

Every time I see you I think oh it's just pudge, I'll see him tomorrow, etc. Now I realize that I might see you for the very last time. I always over-looked you i guess, as long as the other people that didn't have strong bonds with me. You and many have made me realize, you guys are there, just like me, staring at a screen. You guys are more than avatars and speech bubbles. With overpriced items, and such. You all have lives to live. Lives should be filled with family, friends, love, friendship. Friendship and bonds do not come from a computer screen. From this realization I stopped spending as much time on here. Sometime soon, i will be in your exact position, faced between school and education, versus childhood and fun. I guess the smartest path for all of us to choose is, of course, school and education. The time I have spent with you, PudgeTheFish, were just brief hello, goodbyes. This goodbye has to be my deepest so far, for the fact that I have known, met, and came across your path many times. But let me tell you, this is not goodbye, it is simply farewell until another day.. ;) Its sad to see someone like you leave, but it is really for the best. I wish you the best of luck with school. *hugs* As Mickey Mouse always says "see ya real soon!" We all need to say goodbye eventually, but it was nice getting to know you. *hugs again* Goodbye PudgeTheFish. :hearts:
:hearts:

Magster

Normal people scare me
Aww Pudge, I don't know you that well but I've seen you a few times in game and on the forums we even played POTC together!
but i'll miss seeing you around the game but at least you'll be on the forums (:!

Froglet

Frog + Princess = Froglet ;)
So here is my :2cents: - I am noticing a very black and white mentality here, and I think there is a lot of gray to consider. Is it really necessary for it to be...or not be? I mean...if you are overweight and you need to lose weight, you don't choose between eating and not eating...you choose to eat, but in moderation. So in turn, while you certainly need to take care of responsibilities and priorities first, no one needs to only work, they also need to relax. Relaxation can come in many forms: Spending time with family and friends, watching TV, going to a movie, playing or watching sports, going to concerts, playing video games, playing on social media, reading a book (for fun not for school/work), etc. I don't see why MyVMK could not be something done for relaxation along with some of the other things. Tbh any relaxation activity (or multiple activities) done in excess which keeps you from taking care of what should be priorities is bad...not just MyVMK. So it's really about moderation, not about completely cutting something out that you really do enjoy. Just a thought...not a sermon...:idea::)

Status
Not open for further replies.