Goodbye my friends <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

snow_flake

With a heavy heart and some really sad goodbyes, I must tell everyone that I, snow_flake, am leaving MyVMK. My original name was bookreaderac. Some of you older players may remember me by that name. I also have a few other accounts, my male account and another female that I never really used.

I have many reasons and in the following post I will explain all of them to you. I will not use any "he said, she said" comments, thank you to a friend for letting me use this part, and I will not be using hearsay. I am going to tell you my story.

As many of you have seen me around the kingdom, I must first say, I will miss each and every one of you, my fellow players and my friends I have made. It has been a hard decision that has brought me to this point but I cannot play the game anymore. I have been a forum mod for a few months less than a year and near the end I will mention which mod I am. I will not mention any of my other fellow mods or staff member as it is for 1) very rude to speak of others, and 2) against forum rules to name names or point fingers.

So as many of you noticed, about two months ago, as you can see here that I have been not around as often as I used to be. I have still been around but I have been staying in the shadows for the most part. But now I would like to share my story with you and all the reasons I have chosen to leave this game.

I joined MyVMK October 27, 2013, so yes about a year and a half ago. I have met many wonderful people. One of them is still one of my closest friends today. We will call him M. M and I met October 31, 2013. He was the only friend I had n game at that time, as I was just getting started and had not had anyone else talk to me. Having nobody to talk to was not going to stop me from playing this game. It took three days for someone to finally talk to me, and some of you older players will remember that year was the year they had the prizes given out in the streets. They had one prize as a ghast mask. M was walking on main street and was asking people if they were his mummy (a doctor who reference). When he walked up to me and said it I responded by saying "No I'm the Doctor." This was what we bonded over. He has been a very close friend ever since. I lost my friend in game not two or three months later. Since then I have made many more friends and I have talked to most of the players in game.

Some players I had issues with. One player, lets call him H, was harassing me bad enough that I reported him. It was never taken care of, and as I was once harassed in real life to the point that I was almost found dead somewhere, I was not really happy with the staff. I talked to a staff member who helped change my name and cleared my friends list, yet the harassing just kept coming. H knew I had gotten a name change and he would not let it go. I reported a second time, and still nothing happened. I finally got to the point I told him to leave me alone. He stopped bothering me and I was able to play in peace. A few months later I found out he was not able to play anymore because another player had reported him. My issue with this is that I reported it twice and nothing happened, but another player reported him for something else and it was taken care of almost immediately. This really angered me as I felt the staff did not like me or even were ignoring me because I was not "in with the crowd"

I went on with the game for a few months with no issues. I had never had any bans and a lot of players got along with me. I would do free giveaways every now and then to help players out. I never really wanted any of the items. I was collecting the mickey ears as I really liked how the different colors came out. I collected the cybugs ( I had 156 by the way) and I had my teleportation magic. I was happy by making other player happy.

Not too long ago, right before my hiatus, linked above, I met a very nice person. We shall call him T. He knows who he is and if he reads this post, I want to let him know I am really glad I met him. He reminded me of myself when I first joined and I did not want to see a player go through that. As he was new, I gave him some of my extra older outfits that I had, and some clothing I did not want. I wanted him to fit in so he would not go through what I did. I did not want to see anybody go through not talking to other players for days. Having nobody talk to you just because you are a new player is downright rude and it is snobby. I want all of you to know that. It isn't easy for new players because they have nothing and some of the things I have seen that older players have said to newer players is not nice at all. So I helped T out by being his friend. I explained how the game came back and I gave him items so he felt wanted by at least somebody. He has since made more friends. He told me when I met him that he felt like quitting on his first day and later he was thankful I had kept him from leaving.

I also met another very god friend on here. She has not played in a while, but when I was getting my name changed and was wanting to quit back then, she kept me playing. I still talk to her every now and then when she is available and I am very thankful to have her.

I also met another friend through this game. A lot of you know he is the one I hang around with the most. As most of you know him from seeing me and him, I will tell you his name. It is @OswaldLucky . He has become a great friend to me and I am really thankful to have him. He has talked to me in and out of the game and I want to say a big thank you to him for being an amazing friend.
Os took these pictures just today as he wanted something to remember me by in this game. The first outfit you will most recognize (especially the older player) the look that bookreaderac wore. The second is a tribute to the fact that I liked to dress similar to my friends (Old habits die hard).

I have other friends I have made along the way and I want to say a huge thank you to them also, even though I consider every player in game my friend.

Now onto my time helping with the forums. First off I want to say to please show no disrespect to any of the other forum staff members as I consider them to be a family to me. Through everything I have gone through and all the drama that has come about on the forums, they have been there the whole time.

Originally I was a shoutbox mod, back when we had the shoutbox (that went away pretty fast didn't it?), and I loved being able to chat with you all there, and even watch over you. Though some of you are older than me, I felt that you were all like little pups (yes that right) to me. If that does not give away who I was then I will outright tell you, I was NightWolf. Some of you were very kind to me and some of you were hateful when I gave you warnings. During my time as a forum mod, I helped keep our forums clean. I know a lot of what we moved, did not move, trashed, etc. was hard for you all to accept. We want to make this a place for people of all ages. After the shoutbox, I was promoted and moved to watching over the trade threads (On a side note, it really is not all that hard to figure out which section it goes under and if you have any questions about where it should go under feel free to pm a staff member and they will help you find the right place). I made some mistakes in the beginning as we all do. (Who can forget the time I banned myself from the shoutbox because I wanted to see if I was able to do it? Or the time I moved threads to the wrong area of the forum? Or the countless times I forgot to remove the redirect?) But anyway, I digress.

I continued going through as a forum mod and there were things I did not agree with, one of them being that I felt the shoutbox should come back. I argued about it countless time with the other staff members. There are other times when things happened in game and most of them are all on the opposite side I was for most things. When I made suggestions as to who I think we should add to the forums team, I felt as I was not being listened to and that the others had more say than I did. One of the staff members was just thrown at all of us, I will not mention who, and none of us liked this, even though most of us got used to it. I found it to not be right as the person was not talked about beforehand but had connections they could pull so they were hired. I was not happy with this at all and I am finally voicing my opinion on this.

The latest thing that I am not happy about it what has come up recently. I am not going to say I am on one side or another as I am staying neutral in all of this. Both sides of this are at fault and that is all. It should not have come down to this and for the past few days I have been debating whether or not I really wanted to be part of what is happening, as everything eventually falls on the forum staff to clean up and deal with.

I have had a few other issues with the staff in the past, but as I said before I will not mention specific names and many of the incidences were with specific people. I was not happy with all the players who have treated me unfairly in game. I am still not happy that so many beloved players and staff are leaving. What I will say is that this game is corrupt. I firmly believe it is not worth playing anymore. I have lost all hope for the magic that was brought back to us.

This is my final flurry Goodbye.

I will miss you all dearly.

Thank you for the wonderful memories.

snow_flake

Now I know! You will most certainly be missed, lovely. You were a lovely person to meet and I wish you the best of luck with everything you do. :)

Heyvcool1

Recovering from the negative stuff.
Bye Snow_Flake <3 I will miss you. I enjoyed always talking to you. I wish the best of luck in your future and hope we can stay in touch <3

Kinglaser

I'm gonna miss you, Snow :(

HaleighRose

Shut up, and dance with me!
Aw Snow.
I just remember playing with you and Oswald on a forum game which didn't end well. My name was Roseyl if you don't remember. I was pretty new and you made me feel welcome, and I want to thank you for that.
I'm sorry that you have to leave. You're just so sweet and no one should have to go through all that...
I wish you luck and happiness! :hearts:

Snow, I'm so glad that I met you in this game. I'm never good at messages, or goodbyes, but I'm gonna try... You were always the person who I felt like I could say anything to without feeling weird or awkward or too talkative.

You are my best friend, and I'm happy that we will be able to keep in touch outside the game. I met you early on in the game, and you were actually one of my first friends, because I didn't really play MyVMK that much in the first couple months. Because of you, I have also met multiple other great friends. And, I've enjoyed all the great times we had, Playing pirates together, Sinking you in pirates (lol), the Everest competition, Building guest rooms with you, and just simply chatting.

There were times that I logged onto MyVMK, just to see if you were online, and if you weren't, I logged off. I'll never have another friend like you... and I mean that in a good way.

There is so much that I could say, and thank you for. You were the kindest person in the game. Always giving for people and never expecting (or wanting) anything in return.

Thanks for all the great times,
OswaldLucky

P.S. (I'll be sure to keep your Cybugs fed, and your Ears safe! That reminds me, I should keep them two separate.....)

Last edited:

Tohrukun

With a heavy heart and some really sad goodbyes, I must tell everyone that I, snow_flake, am leaving MyVMK. My original name was bookreaderac. Some of you older players may remember me by that name. I also have a few other accounts, my male account and another female that I never really used.

I have many reasons and in the following post I will explain all of them to you. I will not use any "he said, she said" comments, thank you to a friend for letting me use this part, and I will not be using hearsay. I am going to tell you my story.

As many of you have seen me around the kingdom, I must first say, I will miss each and every one of you, my fellow players and my friends I have made. It has been a hard decision that has brought me to this point but I cannot play the game anymore. I have been a forum mod for a few months less than a year and near the end I will mention which mod I am. I will not mention any of my other fellow mods or staff member as it is for 1) very rude to speak of others, and 2) against forum rules to name names or point fingers.

So as many of you noticed, about two months ago, as you can see here that I have been not around as often as I used to be. I have still been around but I have been staying in the shadows for the most part. But now I would like to share my story with you and all the reasons I have chosen to leave this game.

I joined MyVMK October 27, 2013, so yes about a year and a half ago. I have met many wonderful people. One of them is still one of my closest friends today. We will call him M. M and I met October 31, 2013. He was the only friend I had n game at that time, as I was just getting started and had not had anyone else talk to me. Having nobody to talk to was not going to stop me from playing this game. It took three days for someone to finally talk to me, and some of you older players will remember that year was the year they had the prizes given out in the streets. They had one prize as a ghast mask. M was walking on main street and was asking people if they were his mummy (a doctor who reference). When he walked up to me and said it I responded by saying "No I'm the Doctor." This was what we bonded over. He has been a very close friend ever since. I lost my friend in game not two or three months later. Since then I have made many more friends and I have talked to most of the players in game.

Some players I had issues with. One player, lets call him H, was harassing me bad enough that I reported him. It was never taken care of, and as I was once harassed in real life to the point that I was almost found dead somewhere, I was not really happy with the staff. I talked to a staff member who helped change my name and cleared my friends list, yet the harassing just kept coming. H knew I had gotten a name change and he would not let it go. I reported a second time, and still nothing happened. I finally got to the point I told him to leave me alone. He stopped bothering me and I was able to play in peace. A few months later I found out he was not able to play anymore because another player had reported him. My issue with this is that I reported it twice and nothing happened, but another player reported him for something else and it was taken care of almost immediately. This really angered me as I felt the staff did not like me or even were ignoring me because I was not "in with the crowd"

I went on with the game for a few months with no issues. I had never had any bans and a lot of players got along with me. I would do free giveaways every now and then to help players out. I never really wanted any of the items. I was collecting the mickey ears as I really liked how the different colors came out. I collected the cybugs ( I had 156 by the way) and I had my teleportation magic. I was happy by making other player happy.

Not too long ago, right before my hiatus, linked above, I met a very nice person. We shall call him T. He knows who he is and if he reads this post, I want to let him know I am really glad I met him. He reminded me of myself when I first joined and I did not want to see a player go through that. As he was new, I gave him some of my extra older outfits that I had, and some clothing I did not want. I wanted him to fit in so he would not go through what I did. I did not want to see anybody go through not talking to other players for days. Having nobody talk to you just because you are a new player is downright rude and it is snobby. I want all of you to know that. It isn't easy for new players because they have nothing and some of the things I have seen that older players have said to newer players is not nice at all. So I helped T out by being his friend. I explained how the game came back and I gave him items so he felt wanted by at least somebody. He has since made more friends. He told me when I met him that he felt like quitting on his first day and later he was thankful I had kept him from leaving.

I also met another very god friend on here. She has not played in a while, but when I was getting my name changed and was wanting to quit back then, she kept me playing. I still talk to her every now and then when she is available and I am very thankful to have her.

I also met another friend through this game. A lot of you know he is the one I hang around with the most. As most of you know him from seeing me and him, I will tell you his name. It is @OswaldLucky . He has become a great friend to me and I am really thankful to have him. He has talked to me in and out of the game and I want to say a big thank you to him for being an amazing friend.
Os took these pictures just today as he wanted something to remember me by in this game. The first outfit you will most recognize (especially the older player) the look that bookreaderac wore. The second is a tribute to the fact that I liked to dress similar to my friends (Old habits die hard).

I have other friends I have made along the way and I want to say a huge thank you to them also, even though I consider every player in game my friend.

Now onto my time helping with the forums. First off I want to say to please show no disrespect to any of the other forum staff members as I consider them to be a family to me. Through everything I have gone through and all the drama that has come about on the forums, they have been there the whole time.

Originally I was a shoutbox mod, back when we had the shoutbox (that went away pretty fast didn't it?), and I loved being able to chat with you all there, and even watch over you. Though some of you are older than me, I felt that you were all like little pups (yes that right) to me. If that does not give away who I was then I will outright tell you, I was NightWolf. Some of you were very kind to me and some of you were hateful when I gave you warnings. During my time as a forum mod, I helped keep our forums clean. I know a lot of what we moved, did not move, trashed, etc. was hard for you all to accept. We want to make this a place for people of all ages. After the shoutbox, I was promoted and moved to watching over the trade threads (On a side note, it really is not all that hard to figure out which section it goes under and if you have any questions about where it should go under feel free to pm a staff member and they will help you find the right place). I made some mistakes in the beginning as we all do. (Who can forget the time I banned myself from the shoutbox because I wanted to see if I was able to do it? Or the time I moved threads to the wrong area of the forum? Or the countless times I forgot to remove the redirect?) But anyway, I digress.

I continued going through as a forum mod and there were things I did not agree with, one of them being that I felt the shoutbox should come back. I argued about it countless time with the other staff members. There are other times when things happened in game and most of them are all on the opposite side I was for most things. When I made suggestions as to who I think we should add to the forums team, I felt as I was not being listened to and that the others had more say than I did. One of the staff members was just thrown at all of us, I will not mention who, and none of us liked this, even though most of us got used to it. I found it to not be right as the person was not talked about beforehand but had connections they could pull so they were hired. I was not happy with this at all and I am finally voicing my opinion on this.

The latest thing that I am not happy about it what has come up recently. I am not going to say I am on one side or another as I am staying neutral in all of this. Both sides of this are at fault and that is all. It should not have come down to this and for the past few days I have been debating whether or not I really wanted to be part of what is happening, as everything eventually falls on the forum staff to clean up and deal with.

I have had a few other issues with the staff in the past, but as I said before I will not mention specific names and many of the incidences were with specific people. I was not happy with all the players who have treated me unfairly in game. I am still not happy that so many beloved players and staff are leaving. What I will say is that this game is corrupt. I firmly believe it is not worth playing anymore. I have lost all hope for the magic that was brought back to us.

This is my final flurry Goodbye.

I will miss you all dearly.

Thank you for the wonderful memories.

snow_flake
nooooooooooooooo
sob :cry:
you were a great friend please dont be a stranger

Last edited:

Thanks

snow_flake, I'm really glad to have met you too! You're a wonderful person and I wish you nothing but the very best in life. Through your kindness I was able to stick around long enough to make a few really good friends, so thank you for that on top of everything else. I am sorry to hear what you've been through and also the way things have gone in this game. It's a shame to see what should be a dream come true is becoming a bitter disappointment for so many people on here. I'll miss seeing you on the game and regret we didn't get to know each other better. If you ever want to keep in touch feel free to PM me on here to exchange contact info.

Flakers,
I'll miss you so much! I knew you changed you name because you were getting harassed, but I didn't know how bad it was. I wish you all the best my dear. :hug:
PS: I knew there was a reason NightWolf was one of my favorite forum staff members. ;)

Valkyrie

Not so Active Member
Noooo :( You were such a kind and genuine person. I will really miss you. :hug:

cuipet

snow noooo :,( im so happy we became friends, and you truly are a remarkable person, I'll miss you so much and i hope to stay in touch, Thank you for being a great friend and i wish you nothing but the best <3

Status
Not open for further replies.