[Guide] Jungle Cruise - How To Improve Your Score

Reminiscent's Jungle Cruise Guide To Improving Your Score
Hi everyone!
So some people have told me they would like to know some of my techniques to get a high score.
This comprehensive guide is my analysis of Jungle Cruise and will surely help anyone who reads it, to get a score of 35k+ and to receive an optimum amount of credits!

BASIC TIPS:

1. Get your eyes adjusted to the WHOLE screen. Animals like to pop out from all different sides, and this technique will help you in increasing your natural reflexes and memorizing their appearance patterns.
2. There are factors that come into play when getting AWESOME and FLAWLESS:
*Speed and timing. This will be detailed later on in the guide.
*Always make sure that the circle in the middle of the camera is positioned on the animal's BODY, preferrably in the MIDDLE. I can't stress enough how this is important. Don't snap pictures of their heads!
3. ALWAYS make sure to get those gas tanks and camera rolls to ensure you will be able to get through all 3 rounds! Work on multitasking - moving your boat to get those things while snapping pictures of all the animals.
4. Pressing the up or down arrow will speed you up or slow you down, which wastes a LOT of gas, as opposed to letting the boat move itself. You must be wise with using your gas!
5. Practice maneuvering around rocks and tight spaces and memorizing those patterns, as you will use much-needed gas when you hit a rock or a wall!

*ESTIMATED SCORING GUIDE:

- Hyena, 308 Pts.
- Rhino, 307 Pts.
- Hippo, 282 Pts.
- Monkey hanging from branch, 260 Pts.
- Uncoiled Snake, 243 Pts.
- Lounging Lion, 243 Pts.
- Stork, 238 Pts.
- Pink Flamingo, 229 Pts.
- Elephant not blowing water, 198 Pts.
- Alligator without mouth open, 168 Pts.
- Giraffe, 147 Pts.
- Gorilla, 143 Pts.
- Alligator with mouth open, 133 Pts.
- Elephant blowing water, 131 Pts.
- Coiled Snake, 113 Pts.
- Zebra, 104 Pts.
- Monkey eating fruit, 104 Pts.
- Parrot, 67 Pts.
- Toucan, 59 Pts.

ROUND 1:

1.Using the techniques above, in this round, try to get as much FLAWLESS and as little GOOD you can. This stage is the foundation to your high score.
2. When the animals appear, you can wait a second or two, snap the animals in the MIDDLE of their BODIES, and still get FLAWLESS.
3. Side animals that you can't capture fully will not always get you flawless, but still, get all the animals as much as possible.
4. DO NOT SPEED UP/SLOW DOWN IN THIS STAGE! You will be able to get those gas tanks and camera rolls without speeding up/slowing down.
5. Following these tips will land you about 15k points by the end of the round and carrying about 170-200 gas tanks.

ROUND 2:
1. In this stage, the animals appear and disappear a bit faster. Reflexive skills start to show in this round!
2. It gets harder to land FLAWLESS because of SPEED and TIMING.
3. Be able to get all the animals, while also centering the camera on their bodies, and snapping RIGHT when they appear.
4. Following these tips will get you to about a score of 25k-30k+.

ROUND 3:
1. Keep up what you are doing from Round 2, even if the animals are appearing much faster in this round!
2. In this round, especially the last stage, KEEP AN EYE OUT ON THE AMOUNT OF CAMERA ROLLS YOU HAVE.
3. You will need to either speed up/slow down to get camera rolls, SPECIFICALLY CAMERA ROLLS, as there is a likely chance you will be running out of camera rolls much faster. Not watching how many you have left will result in missing a lot of animals and a LOT of points!
4. In this round, you are trying to keep up with the rate of appearance of the animals. Not getting FLAWLESS all the time is perfectly fine.
5. Have a rhythm when taking pictures.
6. I usually end up with a score of 40k+ points and getting about 800-900 credits.

WANT TO GET KEYS FASTER?
1. During the second round, speed up and bump into rocks, which will end the game.
2. Doing this gives you more of a chance of receiving a key.
3. You don't always get a key when doing this.

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS
I hope many of you found this guide useful! Keep on cruising and GET ALL THE CREDITS!
I'll be adding to this guide over time. If you would like me to add anything, please comment!
*Source

the only thing i'd have to add is that the more you play, the more you start to remember the pattern of the animals that pop up, and it gets easier to get flawless because you know whats coming next. i can get the whole first round flawless and like 40% of the second round flawless, and i'm pretty slow at it.

Sheku

Keep in mind theres also rock patterns, once you figure them out you can tell if youre going to be pressured on the last level.
Example:
Theres a pattern in which you have to get the camera roll to the back in the last round of ( lions, girafees), while theres another one in which the camera roll appears really close to where you spawn on the last round.

cruise

Just to add, as many already know....Awesome yields the highest about of points you can earn. As you learn to memorize the spots for the animals, you will be able to get a few more "awesome" scores. My score is slowly rising but I continue to tank in the last round. Trying a few tips later that Nickle gave me yesterday in hopes of improving.

the only thing i'd have to add is that the more you play, the more you start to remember the pattern of the animals that pop up, and it gets easier to get flawless because you know whats coming next. i can get the whole first round flawless and like 40 of the second round flawless, and i'm pretty slow at it.
Yeah, I've noticed that also. My speed increased so fast so I can get Flawless in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Keep in mind theres also rock patterns, once you figure them out you can tell if youre going to be pressured on the last level.
Example:
Theres a pattern in which you have to get the camera roll to the back in the last round of ( lions, girafees), while theres another one in which the camera roll appears really close to where you spawn on the last round.
Really? I thought the rock patterns change in each round... I didn't notice that. I just know that the placement of the tanks and camera rolls are usually the same though.

It'd be interesting to know the specific scoring if anyone knows.
Just to add, as many already know....Awesome yields the highest about of points you can earn. As you learn to memorize the spots for the animals, you will be able to get a few more "awesome" scores. My score is slowly rising but I continue to tank in the last round. Trying a few tips later that Nickle gave me yesterday in hopes of improving.
Are you sure Awesome yields the highest amount of points? Like in FW, Flawless gives more points... and I think it's the same for JC. I've gotten a few Awesome but mostly Good and Flawless.

Edit: Found a scoring guide.

cruise

Yes, Awesome does yield the most points. Similar to the original version of VMK. You will see your score increase a bit with more awesomes. There is a sweet spot that will trigger the awesomes as well as the timing for it.

I have gotten over 400 points with the Hippo in the waterfall room by getting an awesome! That scoring guide is a little outdated.

Yes, Awesome does yield the most points. Similar to the original version of VMK. You will see your score increase a bit with more awesomes. There is a sweet spot that will trigger the awesomes as well as the timing for it.

I have gotten over 400 points with the Hippo in the waterfall room by getting an awesome! That scoring guide is a little outdated.
I am trying to find evidence of that but I can't. I never heard that before. When I get more Flawless in the second and third round, I notice my score increase a lot more.
How is the scoring guide outdated? It's the same one used in myVMK. Don't think they changed the amount of points lol...

cruise

He wrote that back in 2006 I believe, and if you look further down in the thread he goes on to state that that scoring was just what he was able to get, his best scoring. Here is a link to LittleDragonErin's guide and while she doesn't give out actual scoring points, it does give a great overview. She was the best player on jungle cruise in the original game:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1278890

I have been talking to a few of the high scorers as well and even though their scores are no where near that 60K range, they all noticed the Awesome yields the most points on each animal.

I am trying to find evidence of that but I can't. I never heard that before. When I get more Flawless in the second and third round, I notice my score increase a lot more.
How is the scoring guide outdated? It's the same one used in myVMK. Don't think they changed the amount of points lol...
Those scores aren't necessarily right. Look at the replies on VMKF.

The problem is that Jungle Cruise score values aren't given out anywhere; they are hard-coded into the game. While Fireworks comes right out and tells you the point values in the instructions, Jungle Cruise doesn't even give the score values in any un-compiled cast members of a .cct file. There are only three ways to find out the actual values:
-Amy gives them out.
-Someone does a ton of experimentation on the game.
-Someone comes out of left-field with a .cct decompiler.

cruise

Just an example of the scoring differences, I just took this screen shot and while it was only a flawless, it does show the Hippo giving 451 points but on that old scoring guide there is no point value of 400+

Awesome does indeed give you the most amount of points. Hippos and Rhinos can score 450ish points with awesome. I have also noticed that while you may not get the "Awesome!" popup it does give you the correct amount of points like cruise suggests. This leads me to believe that maybe the the camera wasn't positioned in the sweet spot to obtain the "Awesome!" rank. Just my 5 cents.

Thanks for the input guys. It's hard for me, especially, to get Awesome, so until I can figure that out I'll add it to the guide.
This really is just my way on scoring high and just overall improving in the game.