Have unboxed 40+ crates (please tell your ultra-rare finding stories here as well)

Frostie

Mysterious Intellect
I now have 40+ of those red aladdin chairs, purple teacups, green slipper chairs, mickey lamps, heart stools, the list goes on and on and on..
From the people who I have talked to who were lucky enough to get a Princess Hat, Stitch, Flip Flops, etc. from my experience, they had said they had gotten those items almost immediately out of the crates. One girl finding her princess hat the FIRST CRATE she ever opened!
I also saw Amy right in front of my eyes open a crate to get a 2nd princess hat. This was when the catalog items were being given out (sneakers, jeans, etc.)
I know it's a completely random item generator, also there are hardly even 30 ITEMS EACH OF THESE ULTRA-RARES IN THE WHOLE ENTIRE KINGDOM! But how come these people have gotten these almost immediately? Is this something that I need to give up on, that my account may not be one of the "potential" accounts to ever receive one of these items by "chance"?

Do you believe my statement is true? If you have gotten an ultra-rare, how many crates did you have to go through to get it?
I usually open my crates in the dead of night (3am pst-ish) and like I said before, have opened 40+ crates with nothing exclusive. Has anyone noticed a pattern in say, what time you open them, etc.?
Love yew guise

Mango

Day 1 Deserter
Do you believe my statement is true? If you have gotten an ultra-rare, how many crates did you have to go through to get it?
I got a Minnie on my second crate, but like you said, it is completely random. My advice would be to keep an eye on the super rare stats. If the number just went up (as in someone just received a rare), take a break and try again later.

Frostie

Mysterious Intellect
Wow thank you for your response! You have proved me wrong to my theory of people getting the ultra-rares right away. Thank you for clearing it up.

Myth

I know how you feel, I've opened 49 and still no super rare from crates. Thats why I decided I wasn't lucky enough and just traded for my stitch :p

It helps to know how RNGs work- barring incredibly weird circumstances, a random number generator takes a random, large number (for example, in C++, you can use the number of seconds since some date in 1970), then divides it by whatever number you give it (in this case, I believe it's 100) and spits out the remainder. This is known as the modulus. So basically, time of day will have absolutely no impact on it simply because it changes so rapidly, so for all intents and purposes, it is entirely random. Excluding glitches like yesterday, of course.

So for opening crates, it doesn't matter how you open them- the output is far too random for any real patterns to emerge :) The nice thing about this is that it makes it totally unbiased, even though it doesn't seem that way when it doesn't work out in your favor.

Miss

I'm convinced that some accounts have been tweaked. (For example, my signature below)

No I'm actually TOTALLY kidding about my statement above :-) It really is 110% random. I think we are all trying to find an excuse for why we aren't getting certain items when the only thing is... We just weren't lucky at the time :)

But still, and I mean this now more than ever, GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE :)

I have had more than 200 crates, I traded 50 of them for a key. I have opened 36 crates.

I have a really interesting story also:

I got an accidental released item, which was a ride piece. So staff found out, because I kinda announced to everyone. I was automatically transported to Kevin, where he made me give it to him. He offered me any of the gold items in trade for it, so I got a generator. I wish I could of gotten a stitch hat instead, because my chances of getting that were WAY lower than a stitch hat. I had the "rarest" item in the game at the moment. So I wish a stitch hat was one of my choices.. ):

I was really lucky and got Minnie when I opened my 7th crate.
I really wasn't expecting to get anything rare at all, and I actually screamed when I saw that I got it, lol.