Haven't been able to log into the game for a long while now.

Every time I try and log into the game, I get stuck on the loading screen. The loading bar seems to be moving at a rate of half a cm per hour. Other apps like CS1.6 and WoW load in a matter of 2-3 seconds though. I have tried logging on through Chrome, Mozilla, and MyVMKPal. Anybody experiencing the same problem or have any suggestions for me to try out?

Jasmine

It likely is a Shockwave issue; most issues people encounter seem to be.
Do you have the full version of Shockwave installed? If not, try that first.

It likely is a Shockwave issue; most issues people encounter seem to be.
Do you have the full version of Shockwave installed? If not, try that first.
I'm pretty sure, yeah. Just reinstalled today (and restarted).
Edit: that error doesn't always come up.
Edit 2: video of me trying to enter game (if not showing up, still processing)

Jasmine

I'm pretty sure, yeah. Just reinstalled today (and restarted).
Edit: that error doesn't always come up.
Edit 2: video of me trying to enter game (if not showing up, still processing)
Well in your case, looks like you're on Yosemite? Because Shockwave doesn't work with Mavericks or Yosemite.

Jasmine

oh dang okay. thanks :/
Yep. But you can use Bootcamp or Parallels or another similar program to run windows 7 or 8.1 if that's an option for you.

This is what I see when I try and re-install Shockwave. I got no clue what that means lol.[DOUBLEPOST=1417290589][/DOUBLEPOST]It finally got past the Shockwave loading screen but is still going extremely slow through the screen with the huge MyVMK logo. Does that rule out Shockwave?

Attachments

Last edited:

Jasmine

I've had that come up with a couple installations. I usually ignored it and everything was okay. Hopefully it's the same for you. If it's not, then you may want to check the installation folder. If you're on 64-bit windows, it should be C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Adobe\Shockwave 12\ because that installation folder is wrong. Also, make sure to double check it's the full version by clicking "Need Shockwave Player for a different computer?"!

edit:
Just saw your update. It could still be Shockwave, though the game was loading slowly a couple days ago. How long have you been waiting?

I have the same exact thing as you C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Adobe\Shockwave 12\ and I typed in about:plugins in the bar to check and see if Shockwave was enabled and it was (as recommended by some Adobe dude I was talking to). I've been attempting to log in multiple times today. The longest I've waited today is 2 hours. Decided to work on college apps while MyVMK was "loading." This is soo frustrating cuz the game was working fine before I went on vacation...[DOUBLEPOST=1417291654][/DOUBLEPOST]I think I am going to restore my computer to factory settings. I don't have much stuff on it yet as I have only had this computer for a few months. There has to be something small messed up somewhere for this to be happening and I'm not good enough with computers to find the problem...

Last edited:

Jasmine

If you have skype and the ability to share your screen I may be able to help you for a couple minutes. PM it to me if it's private ;o

If you have skype and the ability to share your screen I may be able to help you for a couple minutes. PM it to me if it's private ;o
Thanks although I am already doing so with my brother and sister now who know a lot more than me. I don't want to take to much of your time away from you either and appreciate everything you have done for me thus far.

Jasmine

It's no big deal. Good luck though. :)