Homosexuality

I want to hear opinions on homosexuality. Kind of basing this off the answers from ICON's thread, I want to hear what people think and why. I don't just want answers, I want to hear why you think that way. Please be civil.

1. Do you believe homosexuals should be married?
2. Do you believe homosexuality is a choice?
3. Do you believe homosexuals should have equal rights?

1) Yes, I do. If you truly love someone you have to show that you wan't to be with them forever.

2) In a way, people are kind of born a homosexual. But people can choose whether or whether not to follow their desires.

3) Yes! They're people, too. Just because they love someone that's the same gender, doesn't mean they shouldn't be considered less than non-homosexuals.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
1. Do you believe homosexuals should be married? Of course. Homosexuality isn't a group of "things" like "should animals be able to be married." Homosexuality is a sexual preference of a PERSON, who deserves the right to be married. Marriage should be defined as the mutual union of two individuals. It shouldn't be constricted to a single sexuality.

2. Do you believe homosexuality is a choice? Not at all. Sexuality isn't something somebody can choice. Just like you can't choose where you're birthmark is going to be, or what color hair you're going to have, you can't change your sexual preference. Sexuality is a natural thing, and like some people have brown eyes and others have blue, some people are attracted to men, women, or both.

3. Do you believe homosexuals should have equal rights? As stated above, homosexuality is just a sexual preference. It does nothing more than change how people feel sexually towards male and female. In no case does it change anything but who you want to smooch. Simple as that.

allison

1) no
2) i don't know to be honest
3) sure
But you just contradicted yourself?
i don't consider marriage a right.
But it's a fundamental right in the united states?
just because the supreme court defines it as such, does not mean i have to agree with them.
But why do you think gays shouldn't be allowed to marry?
simple. I believe that marriage is the sacred bond between one man and one woman. Don't think I'm a bigot, or homophobic, because I am not. Our definitions of marriage simply differ.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
simple. I believe that marriage is the sacred bond between one man and one woman. Don't think I'm a bigot, or homophobic, because I am not. Our definitions of marriage simply differ.
Ok, I think I see where you're coming from. So do you think a man and a man/or a woman and a woman should be able to join in civil union under a different term than "marriage"?

allison

Ok, I think I see where you're coming from. So do you think a man and a man/or a woman and a woman should be able to join in civil union under a different term than "marriage"?
Yes of course. I just believe that marriage is reserved for one man and one woman.

C

Celluloid

1. Do you believe homosexuals should be married? - I feel like this question was misworded.
2. Do you believe homosexuality is a choice? - It doesn't really matter. I don't have an informed opinion, and the question is a bit narrow.
3. Do you believe homosexuals should have equal rights? - Obviously.

1. Do you believe homosexuals should be married? yes. they are human beings like everyone else. why should marriage be denied?
2. Do you believe homosexuality is a choice? I do not.
3. Do you believe homosexuals should have equal rights? yes. as I previously stated, they are humans and shouldn't be treated as lesser. I see this the way I see racial discrimination. you're treating someone in an inferior way based on something that has no bearing on who they are as a person. you treat me well, I treat you well, that's it.

aceastrofan

The one and only...
1. Do you believe homosexuals should be married? Yes, they should be allowed to get married.
2. Do you believe homosexuality is a choice? It can be a choice whether or not to accept it
3. Do you believe homosexuals should have equal rights? Yes, they should.

1. Do you believe homosexuals should be married? Yes. If two straight people who hate each other can get married, why can't two gay people who love each other do the same?
2. Do you believe homosexuality is a choice? No.
3. Do you believe homosexuals should have equal rights? Yes. The United States is a land of freedoms and rights, so that should extend to gays.

WHO

I don't see marriage as a big thing. I mean it is a big thing, but to me it's not a big thing. I probably won't get married. I might get "married" but not MARRIED, if that makes sense. I don't need to be bound under a god's law (that I don't believe in) to prove I have a true love, etc. People should be able to get married if they want to :)

But I will be having a ceremony and there will be cake during and after.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
I don't see marriage as a big thing. I mean it is a big thing, but to me it's not a big thing. I probably won't get married. I might get "married" but not MARRIED, if that makes sense. I don't need to be bound under a god's law (that I don't believe in) to prove I have a true love, etc. People should be able to get married if they want to :)

Marriage may be Biblical, but it's also a legal law in most all countries.

WHO

Marriage may be Biblical, but it's also a legal law in most all countries.
People don't HAVE to get married.

Getting married to someone means you're dedicating your life for that person because you love them more than anything. It's not required to marry someone if you love them, it's just an act to show you wan't to be with them until they die.