Homosexuality

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
I don't see marriage as a big thing. I mean it is a big thing, but to me it's not a big thing. I probably won't get married. I might get "married" but not MARRIED, if that makes sense. I don't need to be bound under a god's law (that I don't believe in) to prove I have a true love, etc. People should be able to get married if they want to :)

But I will be having a ceremony and there will be cake during and after.
Marriage may be Biblical, but it's also a legal law in most all countries.
People don't HAVE to get married.
I know. I was just referring to your statement that you don't have to be "bound under god's law" which suggested that marriage is something only Biblical.

WHO

I don't see marriage as a big thing. I mean it is a big thing, but to me it's not a big thing. I probably won't get married. I might get "married" but not MARRIED, if that makes sense. I don't need to be bound under a god's law (that I don't believe in) to prove I have a true love, etc. People should be able to get married if they want to :)

But I will be having a ceremony and there will be cake during and after.
Marriage may be Biblical, but it's also a legal law in most all countries.
People don't HAVE to get married.
I know. I was just referring to your statement that you don't have to be "bound under god's law" which suggested that marriage is something only Biblical.
Oh yeah. I understand that.

Valkyrie

Not so Active Member
1. Do you believe homosexuals should be married? Yes.

2. Do you believe homosexuality is a choice? No, you can't simply decide to be homosexual. It's something you're born with.

3. Do you believe homosexuals should have equal rights? Yes, they're human.

Last edited:
1. Do you believe homosexuals should be married? I feel this question could've been worded better but that's definitely beside the point.. Of course they should be allowed to get married. Honestly, I think it's completely ridiculous that the idea might even pop into someones mind for 1 second that they can't marry who they love.
2. Do you believe homosexuality is a choice? I agree much with what Starship said earlier, you can't choose your hair color, eye color, etc. Why would you be able to choose who you're attracted to? Straight people don't control who they're attracted to.. It's not like you just see someone and its like "oh wow i think I wanna be attracted to them.. Lets make this happen" so why would it be any different??
3. Do you believe homosexuals should have equal rights? Of course, it's not like they're aliens from some other planet.. They're still humans like the rest of us.

Question

Very Questionable
1. Obviously they should be allowed the right to marry, like that shouldn't even be a question. Also, to people who say "if homosexuals are allowed to marry than people will protest to marry an animal!" Uh no because that's marriage between another who can't consent. Homosexual marriage is between two consenting individuals so both of them are happy with the decision, who are you to deny them the right to be happy?
2. No, you can't just go and start being physically attracted to a certain gender. "Today, I'm gonna start dating women."
3. They're human just like anyone else, they support the country like any other heterosexual person, and they're not harming anyone. Why wouldn't they be allowed to have equal rights?

Last edited:
1. Do you believe homosexuals should be married? That's their choice but I think they deserve that right!
2. Do you believe homosexuality is a choice? It's that person's choice and I don't understand why anyone cares. Let people do what they want.
3. Do you believe homosexuals should have equal rights? Yes. This shouldn't even be a question what does love interest have to do with rights? It's so weird how everyone gets wrappedup in other peoples lives worry about your life and let people do what they want, love who they want and be who they want.

*eyebrows swerve out*

Monorail

I want to hear opinions on homosexuality. Kind of basing this off the answers from ICON's thread, I want to hear what people think and why. I don't just want answers, I want to hear why you think that way. Please be civil.

1. Do you believe homosexuals should be married?

2. Do you believe homosexuality is a choice?

3. Do you believe homosexuals should have equal rights?

1. I think they should be allowed. Regardless of the sacredness of marriage, it is not the governments responsibility to uphold any such sacredness.

2. It can be, but I also believe you can be born attracted to the same sex.

3. Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whispered

1. This question omg. Well, in terms of biblical marriage under God, it's hard. I think I have to say no right now - the Bible clearly defines marriage under God as between a man and a woman. However, I don't think we should deny legal marriage to them. Personally, I disagree with calling legal marriage "marriage", and think that legally they should just call it "civil union" for everyone - straight or gay. Marriage, regardless of what religion, has always been a religious term - in multiple religions, yes, but in religion nonetheless.

2. We can't really know. Everyone is born with sexual urges of all types - but are some people born with more homosexual than others? Or do they just amplify them? Is it environmental that causes them to come out more than others? We don't really know to be completely honest.

3. Equal rights to do what? I mean, generally yes?

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
1. Do you believe homosexuals should be married? I believe anyone on this earth that is of the human race should be allowed to be wed (married) if they so choose. I don't buy in to the argument that "marriage" is a sacred act between a man and a woman and any two individuals of the same sex ruin the sanctity of it. Let's be honest, there's plenty of heterosexual men and women that have ruined the sanctity of marriage all on their own.

2. Do you believe homosexuality is a choice? No. I didn't choose to be born white, with blue eyes and red hair. I believe your sexuality is a biological part of you as well, it manifests itself in how you feel and those feelings drive how you choose a partner. So in a sense, I feel everyone is born the way they are, sexual preferences included.

3. Do you believe homosexuals should have equal rights? We're all human beings, regardless of our differing physical traits, personalities, beliefs, and preferences. Therefore, we should all have equal access and eligibility to all the rights that anyone else does. Personal aspects of a person shouldn't effect their right to anything.

Last edited:

LooseSeal

1. Do you believe homosexuals should be married?
As others have mentioned, the wording on this question is off, but I believe they should have the right to be married. Marriage has become mostly a legal term now and with marriage comes certain benefits (such as being covered by a spouse's health insurance) as well as legal recognition of the union between two people. I firmly believe in the separation of church and state and there really is no reason as to why gay marriage is banned outside of religious justifications. It is up to private churches and whatnot to decide if they want to acknowledge the marriage, but in terms of the state I think that not allowing gay marriage is a major violation of civil rights. Some of the only other laws banning marriage in the past have been anti-miscegenation laws, which ban interracial marriage - those have long since been overturned, so why not laws banning gay marriage as well?
2. Do you believe homosexuality is a choice?
No, I do not. Although I'm not sure if people are "born that way" either - it's one of those issues regarding nature vs. nurture. How much of a person's sexual orientation is influenced by genes and how much by their environment? I do think that arguments nowadays tend to lean more towards the nature side, though.
3. Do you believe homosexuals should have equal rights?
Of course.

1)Religion never owned and never will own the concept of marriage. So yes they are well within their right to be married.
2)For some people it is, i doubt everyones romantic life/preference is the same. However i think most are born that way. Love isn't so black and white.
3)They are humans. So yes.

----------

Fyi marriage isnt biblical and predates biblical ideology.

Champ

1. Do you believe homosexuals should be married? Yes, and I believe viewing consensual love as lesser due to gender is ignorant and bigoted. Marriage can be a religious institution if chosen, but it's a political institution, otherwise court documents wouldn't be necessary nor would atheists be allowed marriage. I believe allowing marriage would give homosexuals more of a moral structure that past gay generations have lacked.
2. Do you believe homosexuality is a choice? No and there is a reason why every gay person will say they didn't choose to be gay. If homosexuality was a choice, there wouldn't be huge suicide rates among gay youth. Yes, it's a choice to act on attractions, but I believe it's generally healthier for an individual to have the ability to love and cherish who they're sexually attracted to.
3. Do you believe homosexuals should have equal rights? Yes. Their love should not be viewed any differently than that of a straight couple for the sake of everyone.