I need a new phone.

Czarcasm

dam thats crazy
Team Apple

I have a 5C at the moment and it's perfect for everything especially when it comes to Apps that you use your camera with, the camera is amazing. And you get cute colors, I got green lol. Just stick with Apple, but if you want to try something a lot of people love the Samsung Windows phone but I know nothing about it lol

Last edited:
C

Celluloid

I'd avoid the Lumia. Windows Phone simply isn't a very good ecosystem. I'm probably gonna pick up the HTC One (M8) myself, though I could end up with a Galaxy.

plus there's way cuter cases for iphones :cloud:
I beg to differ. HTC One wins everything with this case..

(It's a dot matrix case, with a magnet that lets the phone know, and it shine through, letting you get simple information by tapping the display.)

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't understand how much I love you for this post. Thank you so much. You helped immensely. What do you know about the Nokia Lumia?
The Nokia Lumia line has definitely improved in recent years. The 930 has a 20 MP and 15 hrs of talk time, but although it has the same MP as the Xperia, it has some EXCELLENT features. The camera is great in low light. I would try one in person though because the Windows OS is def a bit different from Android or iOS. I like how it live updates and I think the screens look beautiful, but the Windows App store is a bit lacking. I've heard that Nokia will be creating Android phones soon however so if you are willing to wait, I think they've got some great Android lines coming out soon.

Ginney

I recommend the Android, definitely worth it! i have the samsung galaxy s3 and my parents have the s4 and we absolutely love Android! great camera, battery life lasts. I as well like changing my phones cases too a lot but i've looked around at like amazon and stuff and found some great phones cases that i just had to buy.

Last edited:
The Nokia Lumia line has definitely improved in recent years. The 930 has a 20 MP and 15 hrs of talk time, but although it has the same MP as the Xperia, it has some EXCELLENT features. The camera is great in low light. I would try one in person though because the Windows OS is def a bit different from Android or iOS. I like how it live updates and I think the screens look beautiful, but the Windows App store is a bit lacking. I've heard that Nokia will be creating Android phones soon however so if you are willing to wait, I think they've got some great Android lines coming out soon.
I switched from an iPhone 4 to a Nokia Lumia 1520 and I have never been happier. It's great if you like large phones (it has a six inch screen oops). The Windows Phone OS was definitely something I had to get used to, but I love it now. The live tiles are super neat. And the battery life is incredible! The only thing I don't feel so great about is that the Windows app store is kind of sucky. It is improving though and growing daily! I agree with Fantasia though, visit your carrier's store and play with a Windows Phone before you make a decision. :P​

C

Celluloid

Just be careful with Windows Phone. It's a great OS by all accounts, but Microsoft is still playing catchup to Google and Apple. You're buying into the promise of a great OS, rather than the great OS itself. It would be like getting a Android phone before Jelly Bean. Not saying you shouldn't do it, but just keep in mind you might have a massive challenge finding a good twitter client or podcast app or whatever.

supernovagirl

I have had 3 galaxies in my life (one s2 and two s3's) and I had issues with all of them. I'm not a fan of android, to be honest. I recently switched and bought an iPhone 5s and I couldn't be more in love. If you change the settings correctly (such as turning off certain things), the battery life is pretty darn good. There are some things that really bug me but they're minor compared to how easy it is to use this phone.

My advice to you is to watch YouTube videos on the phones you're interested in and then go into the store and test them out yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elle

The only reason I like the android galaxy phones is because they use it in korean dramas all the time hehe~ XD
i'm extremely awful with phones, but from experience, iphone for me just never worked well. I think the only problem I have with my android is how it freezes at certain times.. but that just may be my own phone? x.x

The LG G2 has tremendous battery life. 6 hours of screen-on time with ease. Granted, I do have a custom ROM, but stock battery life is still excellent. (My ROM is an ever-so-slightly tweaked stock ROM, so there's that.) Loving this phone.

The Nexus 5 is essentially a repackaged G2. Smaller battery, worse camera, but no gimmicks and updates come straight from Google. It's incredibly low-priced, and I can speak to the quality of Nexus software having owned a Nexus 4.

The Moto X is another bloat-free phone (until carriers get involved, at least...). Should pull excellent battery life thanks to smart use of the display (active notifications only light part of the screen to save battery). Yet again, it's affordable, and comes with cool customization options. Made in the US of A, so you can support domestic manufacturing rather than worker abuse.

All of these have larger screens than the iPhone 5S. Huge bonus. You don't realize how nice it is to have space to actually see things on the phone until you hold a tiny iPhone in your hands again.

i have an android tablet and it is sooo so so confusing. my iphone 4S dies fairly quick, and everyone says switch to an android, but i don't think i could possibly figure it out or understand it. plus the way iphones look is just much prettier
Here's the issue with this complaint.

Apple has repeatedly sued Android manufacturers for violating UI patents. Apple said it themselves; Android uses the same UI concepts.

It's just that Android adds to those UI concepts. Widgets, home screens which are isolated from the app drawer, Google Now; all these features make the phone cleaner and simpler to use. You spend less time searching for apps on the home screen, and less time actually opening apps because widgets do the work for you.

Last edited:
Apple has repeatedly sued Android manufacturers for violating UI patents. Apple said it themselves; Android uses the same UI concepts.
That's ridiculous. Concepts can't be patented. I don't see how the UI is similar in any way either. Apple is so thirsty. Gawd.

My favorite phone reviewer is Marques Brownlee, and there are tons of others out there!​
Thanks! I'll check it out!

My advice to you is to watch YouTube videos on the phones you're interested in and then go into the store and test them out yourself.
Thanks!

--

I just drove 30 minutes out of my way to go to the AT&T store. :ugh:

I was like yaa im gunna play with fonez :runaway:

They only had four phones. :blank:

I accidentally took a picture of myself on the Nokia Lumia. :whistle:

I couldn't figure out how to delete it. :whoa:

I apologize to the person who wipes the phones at the end of the day who will see my ugly accidental selfie. :please:

DarthTimmy

I would highly recommend an android phone especially the Galaxy S4/S5. I've had an S4 for about 8 months now and have loved pretty much everything about it. Two of the big differences for me between the Galaxy and iPhone are screen size and customization. After being on an S4 for so long, whenever I try someone else's iPhone it seems like a phone for ants. As far as customization goes, with android phones you can make your interface look pretty much however you want it to.

Stargazing

I'm not really great at phone knowledge and really have no input that's worth anything. But I have been a relatively happy iPhone customer for some time now.

Mostly I just wanted to say hi :D

Killjoy

#1 on sta ff target list
Apple does make it a pain switching from iOS to any other operating system. You have to call Apple and get them to take your phone number out of their iMessage system, so that you can text others with iPhones. I currently have the 5S and I love it, but there are some really nice androids out there to.

Apple does make it a pain switching from iOS to any other operating system. You have to call Apple and get them to take your phone number out of their iMessage system, so that you can text others with iPhones. I currently have the 5S and I love it, but there are some really nice androids out there to.
All you have to do is turn iMessage off on your iPhone.