We call it pop around here.

We also have a sign posted:

Pop . . . . . . . . . . . . $0.25
Soda . . . . . . . . . . . $0.50
Coke . . . . . . . . . . . $0.50
Soda Pop . . . . . . . . $0.75
Carbonated beverage $2.50

Take your pick and pay accordingly

it's actually called coke.. any carbonated beverage that's of color is called coke.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
it's actually called coke.. any carbonated beverage that's of color is called coke.
This does have truth to it actually, because The Coca Cola company manufacture's quite a bit of the popular brand names.

Examples:
  • Coke (and all it's flavors and forms; Vanilla, Diet, Black Cherry, Zero etc.)
  • Dr. Pepper
  • Sprite
  • Fanta
  • Barq's Root Beer
  • Mello Yello

And even some iced teas, fruit drinks, and waters are licensed and owned by Coca Cola, like Dasani, FUZE, and Minute Maid. A list of all brands owned under the Coca Cola Company are found Here, if you're curious ;). (But the easiest way to tell is all the bottles are shaped like the classic Coca Cola bottle ;))

That's a huge reason everyone calls any kind of soda "coke" in some parts of certain regions. Where I live we call it soda, and when you order coke you're getting exactly that "Coca Cola" or "Pepsi". But it all depends on your region :).

Need to make this a polling thread. I grew up from the midwest to the south, so I've called it multiple things, but I think the one I use most accurately is Soft Drink...which seems like a decent middle class title. I don't need a fancy carbonated beverage title. Now you'll have to go through the, do you prefer a can, glass bottle, plastic bottle, or fountain?

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
Need to make this a polling thread. I grew up from the midwest to the south, so I've called it multiple things, but I think the one I use most accurately is Soft Drink...which seems like a decent middle class title. I don't need a fancy carbonated beverage title. Now you'll have to go through the, do you prefer a can, glass bottle, plastic bottle, or fountain?
Glass bottle. I love the classic coke bottles. We used to collect them when I was a kid.