Jungle Cruise Payout Lowering /:

Should the payout of JC stay the same, raise, or lower?

• Stay the Same

Votes: 77 49.0%
  • Raise

Votes: 75 47.8%
  • Lower

Votes: 5 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
Hi ya'll --

So a while back Amy mentioned that the payout for Jungle Cruise would be lowered to match that of VMK's once POTC is released. I wanted to make a poll to see what the community thought about this and whether or not they want it to remain the same or lower (or even raise).

I would like to petition for the JC payout to remain the same or even raise. As of now, scoring 15k for the first round of JC, I make about 300 credits. That means to be able to buy 1* of most of the released magic, I'd have to play 33 games of Round #1. If lowered, the credits received would be around 200 credits, and that's guaranteeing you get 15k points during the first round. I don't really see the reasoning behind dropping the payout other than so it can match the original. It's somewhat unfair to have to be limited to certain mini games in order to get a descent amount of credits. I know many are excited for POTC, but along with FW, I am really really really quite awful at it and it's unfortunate that it'll be one of my only options for earning credits. And since I don't have any items left to trade for credit sprees, I'm really left with mini games.

I know some people are going to say either "Well you don't get credits if you don't put the time into it" or "Practice FW/POTC," however, I'd have to disagree because although people like to focus on the gaming/trade aspect of VMK, when it comes down to it, it's supposed to be a social game. A lot of us already have such a limited amount of time to play, when we do have the chance, we don't want to play mini games for hours because we'd rather socialize with the many friends we've made.

So what do you think? Should the payout of JC stay the same, raise, or lower? :yay:

This is 150% coming from a standpoint of a now non-trader. I trade for items I want, not so I can earn more $$$. Just thought I'd point that out. ^-^

Kaeliah

Previously Tessa
The staff understand that people have lives outside of a game. We all do, but just because some of the community have all-day jobs and aren't skilled at certain minigames, doesn't mean they should change it to suit that people's needs. I believe VMK's prices were reasonable - it made acquiring "a lot" of credits a tad more difficult. No one had a problem with it - I didn't see anyone whining about it.

It's harder than it looks to make "everything equal" and "everything just a bit easier so no one has trouble getting this/that". Everyone struggles in MyVMK with their credits at one point, and if you don't like hearing "just keep working at it," then I guess you'll have to find some other options. ^^;

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
There is a huge group that play this game for the social aspect and struggle just to get one of the items they love. They play this game to remember the fun times they had on Myvmk. Also to enjoy this new game. What we are lacking here is quests that would make trading easier for items. When you could get to Disneyland or WDW this made it easier to acquire items with not so much emphasis on making credits. I think before credits get lowered. The following should happen first.

1. Have game quests. We used to get credits and items for that. 2. I have either quest machines or cash registers in the game. So those who do have difficulty playing the games can still get credits and buy the items they love when the credits go down. 2. I would wait till mansion comes out. This game requires a totally different skill and even people with limited game skills tend to do better at this game.
3. Put out a survey and get to know your players. This is really important I do not think there is a real understanding on why people play, how much time they play, and what they would like. If credits go down too much you will lose a lot of players. They are not interested in the economy they just want the fun of Disney. There are a lot of giving people in this community. By lowering the credits it actually makes it harder for them to gift too if the items stay at same price. So less pixie dust will happen.

This is not a gamers game. This was a family game. Most of you had no idea about values when you played the original VMK only that they were rare. Number one rule for a company is know you clientele. I am just not sure this is happening.

Then I can see credits being lowered.

Last edited:

aliceblue

I cannot comprehend why anyone would want to change the credit payout on JC to what it was in VMK; the present implementation is an immense improvement. The game was in many ways wasted on VMK, as only the most skilled players were able to benefit from it. The rest of the kingdom was reduced to crashing boats for paltry credits, or making a mad dash as soon as VMK opened so they could briefly get on the top player list for some payout.

Here's hoping that all of our games will remain a viable way to earn credits. Pirates is loved by many, but for those who have trouble with it, (or Mansion once it comes out), there should be other choices. It hurts nothing to keep the credits in Jungle Cruise; the same goes for clamming.

I can make anywhere from 700-900 credits in one game currently. I think that's pretty fare. Lowering it doesn't seem like all that great of an idea, honestly.

Bindingkey

i was never an active POTC player in the original. it stands to reason that i wouldn't be going to POTC for credits, just for fun every now and then. Jungle Cruise has always been my go-to for most of my credits next to daily NPC collect and the shell game in Tomorrowland. lowering the payout would just make it harder for me and others in my situation if the payout lowered.

maybe this is just to get more people to play the other games, but honestly i don't want to play the game simply to make credits. sometimes i do just do it for fun.[DOUBLEPOST=1407214762][/DOUBLEPOST]
I cannot comprehend why anyone would want to change the credit payout on JC to what it was in VMK; the present implementation is an immense improvement. The game was in many ways wasted on VMK, as only the most skilled players were able to benefit from it. The rest of the kingdom was reduced to crashing boats for paltry credits, or making a mad dash as soon as VMK opened so they could briefly get on the top player list for some payout.

Here's hoping that all of our games will remain a viable way to earn credits. Pirates is loved by many, but for those who have trouble with it, (or Mansion once it comes out), there should be other choices. It hurts nothing to keep the credits in Jungle Cruise; the same goes for clamming.
i agree 100%. Pirates and Mansion were high profile games because of the leaderboards and the benefits from topping the leaderboards. i always liked Jungle Cruise cause it wasn't REALLY competitive and it was simpler to play than Pirates. It didn't involve a multiplayer experience that depended on a win-lose situation, and you got a lot more credits out of it, even on a bad day. plus it never really helped that the server working for those games made my computer lag like crazy cause too many people were logged on.

Exuberance

I know many are excited for POTC, but along with FW, I am really really really quite awful at it and it's unfortunate that it'll be one of my only options for earning credits.
I'm really really quite awful at Jungle Cruise, but I had to learn how to play it for credits.

Jungle Cruise has had its time. When Pirates comes out, you must learn how to play it for credits just as so many people had to learn JC.

A lot of us already have such a limited amount of time to play, when we do have the chance, we don't want to play mini games for hours because we'd rather socialize with the many friends we've made.
Pirates is a social game. If anything, JC is what you'll have to "play for hours" when you'd rather socialize.

JustDep

Forever Awkward
I know some people are going to say either "Well you don't get credits if you don't put the time into it" or "Practice FW/POTC," however, I'd have to disagree because although people like to focus on the gaming/trade aspect of VMK, when it comes down to it, it's supposed to be a social game.
@Oreo

I cannot disagree with this more. If VMK was solely a game for socializing, then why have a credit system, mini games, high score boards and high prices on valuable items? There would be no reason for these kind of things at all if VMK was purely a chat room. Games are hard, and yeah, payout will be low if you aren't good, but that's what makes a game a game. I won't mention a name for the sake of offending someone, but over the Double Credit weekend, I saw a person ingame playing fireworks for literally hours on end and only getting about 1,200 at the end of each game. I could not respect that person more for continually trying to get better instead of complaining about how he is God Awful. You need to put in the work, you need to get better. If payouts were even higher, it would certainly not be a fair playing ground for the people that are actually good at games and the value of credits would drop dramatically.

PrincessRuby

I have not been able to get more than 650 credits for one FULL game of jc since I have just a laptop. I think lowering this will be a bad decision since POTC will be busy for awhile and there might be problems with it at first. I think once we got all of the games working, then we could consider adjusting the credits. It's just so hard to make credits right now even though I don't have many obligations at the moment. I'm just imagining how bad it would be once summer is over and everyone has possibly even less time to spend on the game. No matter what happens, I'm sure we will all be able to adjust to the differences, but it would be nice to not worry about the credits lowering right now.

I think it should stay the same. I think if it was lowered to whatever it was in the old game (like 25??) no one would bother really playing it anymore.

and

I think it should stay the same. I think if it was lowered to whatever it was in the old game (like 25??) no one would bother really playing it anymore.
for both games...

BriarRose

☉ taurus ☽ aquarius ↑ leo
I agree with this! Im not a huge fan of competitive games like fireworks or pirates and so jungle cruise is definitely my main source of credits and I can't picture that changing once POTC comes out!!!

cruise

I voted for stay the same but would also choose raise it as well. VMK certainly was not perfect and the payout for jungle cruise was dreadful. HOWEVER......we had several mini games to select from including Pirates, Jungle Cruise and Mansion (which has not been released and not much info as to when that would happen). We also had the music mix game that we could earn credits and we had the tomorrowland games which helped us obtain certain items. We had more NPCs available as well. Players could also visit either Disneyland or World and complete park quests for items. We had Yeti game as well as that stinking kracken game, Narnia, not to mention Dead man's chest. All of which allowed us to get more items. There was also in game quests quite often as well. The bottom line is that even though earning credits was difficult in the original VMK, we had way more opportunities to collect furniture/clothing/pins. The original was different in so many ways. I am so grateful to have the chance to play this game again as no other game came close for me. But it is not VMK and I am not sure why the payout for Jungle Cruise would have to match the original at all.

"If payouts were even higher, it would certainly not be a fair playing ground for the people that are actually good at games and the value of credits would drop dramatically."

I respectfully disagree. I am not a top ten player in either JC or Fireworks, but I can hold my own in both of those games. As I have played both games I have only gotten better. But I would have no issues if the payout was higher and actually would be happy for those that struggle in those games, whether it be poor gaming skills, disabilities, slow computers or spotty internet connections. Those that are actually good at the games...well, they would just earn more credits!

If the plan is to change the payout of Jungle Cruise to match VMK, then my only suggestion is to at least wait until all mini games are released and operational. Just an opinion.