• Make them more common

Votes: 95 68.8%
  • Keep them the same

Votes: 43 31.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kaeliah

Previously Tessa
Why do people feel like everything should be handed to them so easily?
Why complain?

Amy said that retrieving the keys is meant to be difficult. Why? Because what's the point in creating a system like this if it were easy to get "rare" items?

Most importantly:

How come every single event or special occasion that occurs in MyVMK, there are ALWAYS people making threads like this asking to increase the chances of getting a specific item(s)? Just why does someone feel the need to do this?

If you have played other large MMO games that actually have efficient economies, that started because rares were handed out in a certain way, much similar to this. If you didn't get a rare - TOUGH LUCK. If you got a rare, great! That's partly how you form "economies" (though we don't have a defined economy right now.)

Am I saying this because I have a Minnie Hat and Stitch Hat? No, I only got a bamboo rug, and I don't see myself getting upset over it, so neither should anyone else. I understand that you play 500 hours straight and don't get a key, neither do I. Tough noogies.

(This post wasn't meant to offend anyone, I just get irritated.)

S

Solar

Why complain?

Amy said that retrieving the keys is meant to be difficult. Why? Because what's the point in creating a system like this if it were easy to get "rare" items?

Most importantly:

How come every single event or special occasion that occurs in MyVMK, there are ALWAYS people making threads like this asking to increase the chances of getting a specific item(s)? Just why does someone feel the need to do this?

If you have played other large MMO games that actually have efficient economies, that started because rares were handed out in a certain way, much similar to this. If you didn't get a rare - TOUGH LUCK. If you got a rare, great! That's partly how you form "economies" (though we don't have a defined economy right now.)

Am I saying this because I have a Minnie Hat and Stitch Hat? No, I only got a bamboo rug, and I don't see myself getting upset over it, so neither should anyone else. I understand that you play 500 hours straight and don't get a key, neither do I. Tough noogies.

I agree with you so much.

Why complain?

Most importantly:

That's why the elder scrolls games got kind of ruined by Skyrim. Don't get me wrong, Skyrim was a groundbreaking achievement for games. But everything is too easy in the game. Oblivion was much more difficult, and there were actual RARE items in Oblivion. You couldn't forge armors or weapons in Oblivion.

The reason why Amy made it so difficult is because people believe that if they get 10 of 1 item it'll hold value. It wont lol.

Even if there were 190 stitch hats it would still probably be rare, i mean look at how rare flip hat is/was before minnie and stitch when everyone wanted it?
You don't seem to realize this is permanent-ish. At his rate, in a year, we'll have a Stitch Hat for almost every active player.

InaDaze

The Confused One.
Keys don't need to be more common so that people can get more chances for items. As Amy has stated it is here to stay and I'm going to patiently wait and see how this will be added on to.

Also, I'm not going to complain what items I ever receive because they're free. If you don't like your free items you're getting I will gladly take them and find someone who would like them :)

Why complain?

Most importantly:

can we agree that receiving pixels is ridiculous? LOL

The thing is: Those are very important items to players, it is everything they wanted. It means a lot to them, but it's almost impossible to get. It means a lot to them, in a very sentimental value.

I'm not complaining about how keys are so hard to obtain, I just don't understand why crates are so much easier to get than keys? People say you can use them as a room decoration, but I'd prefer my room to look snazzy. Maybe make the crates as hard to get as keys? It certainly wouldn't get as many peoples hopes up in getting one of the two hats, which would cause less people to whine about how hard it is to get keys.
Also, I've been hearing that eventually (not soon), the prizes from the crates will change because the crates are here to stay. If this is true, when the switch of prizes is made, will the crates we already obtain still possibly contain one of the hats? That would defeat the point of switching the prizes because everybody will continue to open the original crates whenever they obtain a key.
And let's be real, a pixel from a crate? really? It isn't even worth the time to sell that pixel to obtain 5 credits. I get that there should be some non-rare stuff, but I don't see the point in a prize worth anything less than the tron hat. Atleast you can sell it for something.

relizabeth

That's why the elder scrolls games got kind of ruined by Skyrim. Don't get me wrong, Skyrim was a groundbreaking achievement for games. But everything is too easy in the game. Oblivion was much more difficult, and there were actual RARE items in Oblivion. You couldn't forge armors or weapons in Oblivion.

The reason why Amy made it so difficult is because people believe that if they get 10 of 1 item it'll hold value. It wont lol.
no but amy is planning on taking them out of game that they will be so rare that no one will ever trade them away. im sorry we need more then just a couple of items. even sparrow was more common then what amy is planning on doing with these items.

relizabeth

i really do think pixels should not be a prize. that is just depressing. i wouldnt be so upset if i would have got a furniture piece. i spent all day yesterday playing fireworks to get 3 pixels and a tshirt. thats kind of upsetting. if maybe i got a chair at least i can use that.

Drewby

WDW Annual Passholder
I think they should stay the way they are. Just because you haven't gotten any yet doesn't mean the rate should be increased. Heck, I haven't even gotten myself a key yet.

Here's the thing: a flood of gold keys would probably throw a ton of rares into the game too quickly (remember, keys and crates are a long-term thing; there will be time to get keys).

There could be lesser keys which give rares at a lower frequency and appear more frequently. This will help burn up the excess of crates without adding a zillion Stitch hats to the game.

how many boxes do i have?
keys? none.

and before you ask, yes.
there are more in my inventory.
;-;
but, then again. i like having something in the game hard to get, making it rare.
everything else has been easy to get.
so, im gonna say i'd like to keep them the same.