Late Releases

MisterLoony

It seems as though every week that something is about to be released, it gets pushed back. Even when things are supposed to be already finished and that everything is months ahead, we still have to wait for days or even a week for the new items to actually come out. To me it is just starting to become repetitive and annoying for a majority of the community. Many people log on Thursday nights just for new releases and that has not been happening lately because we always just expect items to be pushed back. I think it would be beneficial to find another designer to help out when it comes to these releases, both to help come up with several ideas and to also allow the items to be out on time. I appreciate all of the double credit days, just wish we actually had something new to buy with them.

@MisterLoony I have to agree. Players would get on (at least from what I've noticed since joining in Oct) and wait for the release. I know that I for one have been super excited about the Christmas items because of how cute everything's been in myvmk this month. So I'm super bummed we've only had a little bit of a release this month. (And the pin set is kind of upsetting because it's 1 of 4 but we've only been able to buy one.) I completely understand that it's a ton of work for the staff to get these things done, but I agree that maybe they need some more designers. Heck if I could do it, I would. I think maybe part of the problem is designers want to be paid for their work (and rightly so) but then it's difficult to get anyone to create items. Now I'm ranting, but I totally understand where you're coming from. I'm pretty bummed we didn't get much this month. But I also understand that it's a lot of work for the staff to design/release things. I think the most we can do is hope for a change in 2017. :|

Also: I think it might be helpful to have even more transparency/updates from staff so we know what's going on. Like the event today, I'm not sure what happened this afternoon but it didn't happen. :| Or even just saying something like "hey we won't have a release this week" would ease some of the tensions.

Im Pretty positive that we were told that the reason items were so slack in OCT and NOV was so that they could get Ahead and that this was gonna be a fabulous month!? (Licks candy cane).....
I mean what does any of that have to do with the fact Amy's tablet broke? Again, items are done but she couldn't put them into the game if she has no access to the game?

@MisterLoony I have to agree. Players would get on (at least from what I've noticed since joining in Oct) and wait for the release. I know that I for one have been super excited about the Christmas items because of how cute everything's been in myvmk this month. So I'm super bummed we've only had a little bit of a release this month. (And the pin set is kind of upsetting because it's 1 of 4 but we've only been able to buy one.) I completely understand that it's a ton of work for the staff to get these things done, but I agree that maybe they need some more designers. Heck if I could do it, I would. I think maybe part of the problem is designers want to be paid for their work (and rightly so) but then it's difficult to get anyone to create items. Now I'm ranting, but I totally understand where you're coming from. I'm pretty bummed we didn't get much this month. But I also understand that it's a lot of work for the staff to design/release things. I think the most we can do is hope for a change in 2017. :|

Also: I think it might be helpful to have even more transparency/updates from staff so we know what's going on. Like the event today, I'm not sure what happened this afternoon but it didn't happen. :| Or even just saying something like "hey we won't have a release this week" would ease some of the tensions.
Actually they did put out information. They put out Amy's tablet broke so she cannot get on the game to do what she's suppose to or even tell people she won't be on.

Actually they did put out information. They put out Amy's tablet broke so she cannot get on the game to do what she's suppose to or even tell people she won't be on.
I wasn't aware of this. I haven't had much internet access from last Thursday until tonight, so I didn't see this posted. I'm glad they're being more transparent with us, now.

MisterLoony

Doesn't she have a laptop though? I mean that is the way 95% of people play this game so I would assume that she has one as well. Or even have another Host or Mod tell us that nothing is going to happen and to not get our hopes up? There's literally no communication whatsoever between staff and players when it comes to things being delayed, not happening, or not releasing.

Doesn't she have a laptop though? I mean that is the way 95% of people play this game so I would assume that she has one as well. Or even have another Host or Mod tell us that nothing is going to happen and to not get our hopes up? There's literally no communication whatsoever between staff and players when it comes to things being delayed, not happening, or not releasing.
I get they need to give us a heads up when stuff doesn't happen when it's suppose to but at the same token stuff happens. Her stuff broke and she couldn't do what she needed. While yes someone should have put it out, everyone ranting and raving about the items being late, give her a break! It's the holidays darn it!!!

goobie

violent delights
Actually they did put out information. They put out Amy's tablet broke so she cannot get on the game to do what she's supposed to or even tell people she won't be on.
In situations like this, I find it understandable. If this were a rare occasion where items were delayed to a broken tablet or computer then I don't think most players would have a problem with it because we know that stuff happens. However, it's the fact that in the past items hardly come out on time combined with this that bothers some people. Is it Amy's fault her tablet broke? No. But what about the excuses for all the other weeks that stuff has been late when things aren't broken?

In situations like this, I find it understandable. If this were a rare occasion where items were delayed to a broken tablet or computer then I don't think most players would have a problem with it because we know that stuff happens. However, it's the fact that in the past items hardly come out on time combined with this that bothers some people. Is it Amy's fault her tablet broke? No. But what about the excuses for all the other weeks that stuff has been late when things aren't broken?
That isn't what my post was about. It was about THIS weeks stuff. And it's not just this thread either, there's others all asking the same questions. But I'm talking about this week.

Last edited:

goobie

violent delights
That isn't what this thread was about. It was about THIS weeks stuff. And not just this thread either, there's others all asking the same questions. But I'm talking about this week.
I mean, he didn't make this thread just about this week. He said this seems to be happening every week. So that is what this thread is about. All I I was doing was pointing out that if this week were an isolated incident, no decent person would be complaining because of a broken tablet.

Im going to be honest, its all good saying "we need more designers" but most of the people capable of designing are fed up. Myself for example, being completely transparent here I started designing items for the game and stopped since it became a waste of time. I was wasting my time making items for them to never be released. When everyone is saying "we need more designers for more items. OR why arent designers doing anything". It is completely wrong because as of my experience for example I designed 3 items for halloween and a pin for bonfire night, all of which i was told amy liked and would release. Only 1 of these got released. I began making a new pin collection, Vinylmation pins, they could have been released in blind bags like the tsum tsums, but was told amy would have to "check with staff" to see if they wanted them in game, she never got back to me so I stopped. I dont expect every item designers make to be put into game, but if i knew items I made wouldnt become a total waste of time, I would have been so up for making more.

Last edited:
I mean, he didn't make this thread just about this week. He said this seems to be happening every week. So that is what this thread is about. All I I was doing was pointing out that if this week were an isolated incident, no decent person would be complaining because of a broken tablet.
Ok and I was just stating why this week was different from the others. What does that have to do with other weeks? I never said that we should forgive her for all weeks because this one time her tablet broke. I simply stated that the reason this week was late because her tablet broke. Idk why everyone wants to get up in arms because they want to complain nothing was put out but then when I say yes something was everyone's fighting me over it. I am not stating anything about other weeks, solely this week and everyone feels the need to tell me about past weeks like I don't know. Literally all I said was that schweets said the releases were late because of the tablet. I even said I DONT condone how they handled it I'm just telling people who don't know what happened.

Last edited:

Wonder

Can you not? Heaven forbid she celebrate the holidays too -_- so now if you can stop quoting me with this that'd be great...
K but what about all of the other staff that have access to the twitter or forums or In game announcements that easily could have said "this event is cancelled bc the host just decided not to host it!" Or "the items will be delayed this week"

There's really no defense or excuse you can come up with that'll justify it. Sorry