Late Releases

HOST_Nala

Forums Administrator
Staff member
Forums Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Staff
Hi, I'm here to be completely transparent with you all. I understand you're all upset and disappointed that the releases have been late a handful of times. You have every right to be. But also please try to understand where we're coming from. We have a lot on our plate. Including worrying about Ride-a-thons that we literally stay sat at our computers all day for. The Christmas Raffle coming up. Judging all the float rooms. Planning for next month. Doing everything around the holidays isn't the easiest. Yes, we're a little behind on releases. Amy made everything this month by herself with the intentions of making this a great Christmasy month. She's currently on vacation, away from her computer, with a broken tablet. So there's only so much she can do right now. It's not her fault this happened, it was unexpected. We did send out a small game alert tho. So please be understanding and bear with us for a bit. :halcyon: :paw:

Hi, I'm here to be completely transparent with you all. I understand you're all upset and disappointed that the releases have been late a handful of times. You have every right to be. But also please try to understand where we're coming from. We have a lot on our plate. Including worrying about Ride-a-thons that we literally stay sat at our computers all day for. The Christmas Raffle coming up. Judging all the float rooms. Planning for next month. Doing everything around the holidays isn't the easiest. Yes, we're a little behind on releases. Amy made everything this month by herself with the intentions of making this a great Christmasy month. She's currently on vacation, away from her computer, with a broken tablet. So there's only so much she can do right now. It's not her fault this happened, it was unexpected. We did send out a small game alert tho. So please be understanding and bear with us for a bit. :halcyon: :paw:
Thank you very much Nala. I believe everyone is upset because we have been told REPEATEDLY that Amy and staff understand and CHANGE is going to happen. Its OBVIOUS that we notice when things dont go as planned. We have also been told about transparency and appreciate the effort. My aggravation is that the COMMUNICATION NEVER seems to take place until we initiate an inquiry. It's never PROACTIVE, it's always REACTIVE. SIGH

Guitar

As for items being late, it's nothing new on MyVMK. I don't believe the tablet broke and if that's legit then an official post should have been made before someone asked what's going on. And if it didn't break, it's an excuse just to travel. We're continually lied to. Nothing changes. It's the same old, same old.

Last edited by a moderator:

bradman

I understand not being able to add items...the only thing I don't understand is why take away items if you can't add new ones? I don't think the items that were even out were out for an entire week because they were late. Also, why were the tickets taken away? I don't mean to come off negative, it's just again you can take away our items but not add new ones? I wish there would have been some type of information if the tickets weren't going to be out until the day of or at least the day before the raffle.

It would have been nice for staff to give a post to say what was going on and about items being late the day we expected released or at most the day after. The apologies and excuses don't seem sincere when it only happens because of the current uproar in forum posts.
Why has amy made everything herself this month, seems to me like paintingcat has left the designer team too?
People get excited about the month of Christmas, this month was supposed to be great. Clearly it isn't going to be great and come January it goes back to the same old boring schedule, people are getting tired and fed up now at Christmas! How are we going to feel when boring old January comes around?
The game can't continue with only Amy creating items because honestly, they're always going to be late and they're always going to be sub standard, it's nasty to say but it's true and it's how 99% of players feel.

Is Amy the only staff member who can add items to the game? Because if so it means we won't be getting items until Amy returns from her holiday.

HOST_Nala

Forums Administrator
Staff member
Forums Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Staff
It would have been nice for staff to give a post to say what was going on and about items being late the day we expected released or at most the day after. The apologies and excuses don't seem sincere when it only happens because of the current uproar in forum posts.
Why has amy made everything herself this month, seems to me like paintingcat has left the designer team too?
People get excited about the month of Christmas, this month was supposed to be great. Clearly it isn't going to be great and come January it goes back to the same old boring schedule, people are getting tired and fed up now at Christmas! How are we going to feel when boring old January comes around?
The game can't continue with only Amy creating items because honestly, they're always going to be late and they're always going to be sub standard, it's nasty to say but it's true and it's how 99% of players feel.
Is Amy the only staff member who can add items to the game? Because if so it means we won't be getting items until Amy returns from her holiday.
I agree with you about having to make some kind of announcement for the items being late. We did send out a game announcement tho. Also, let me clarify.. Amy made everything this month aside from the Angel and Stitch pins from the Hide n Seek events. PaintingCat was happy to make those, and is still very much apart of the team. :hearts:We have looked into a few new designers as well and are very excited to see what they will create. As for adding items, and the lateness and all that jazz.. I believe Amy plans on making a post explaining everything. So, look out for that cause she'll be able to tell you better than I can. :halcyon::paw:

As for items being late, it's nothing new on MyVMK. I don't believe the tablet broke and if that's legit then an official post should have been made before someone asked what's going on. And if it didn't break, it's an excuse just to travel. We're continually lied to. Nothing changes. It's the same old, same old.
After enough repeated occurrence of the same stuff, different day- the "truth" doesnt matter anymore. The only other place I have seen this much drama is in the political arena. 99% of the players in game won't even voice their true feelings because they fear repercusson within the game! The "Float" Judging is coming up ya know (we hope?). Rest assured, any active player within the game NOTICES when these things happen whether they are on forums or not. Some go to "greetings and goodbyes " and others just silently leave from false promises, repeated frustration and disappointment. As far as those of us that are busy with the holidays and so concerned with others "celebrating the holidays", lest we forget, NOT EVERYONE in game celebrates the Holidays. (That's under Freedom of religion, freedom of speech etc in the USA) So I have to wonder if, like mayhem month, was The Nightmare Before Christmas pin an omen of what was to come this month? Is a Kingdom without Subjects still a Kingdom?? So Sad.

I understand but it sounds like you all are trying to do waaaaay too much. I recommend cutting back on 80% of what you are doing, until you have the staff/support/back-ups to make it run smoothly.

Off topic: Not having a Christmas pin pop up today was so sad!

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday. They are just pixels. Hugs and thank you for all that you do!

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
There is no reason what so ever for the lack of communication coming from Amy. I appreciate how hard all hosts have worked to make this December a good one. The time they spent doing the ride event. The tons of hours spent building beautiful rooms. To Crash who made many many quests to keep us busy. That said Amy's silence is not acceptable. Sure her tablet is broken I am sure she has another device she can post a message on. The lack of updates on the tumblr page says she can not cope with the pressure of this game. I have been beyond nice and supportive. But not anymore. I came back so excited with so many other players most have left. I will not be far behind them now. Why, there is nothing to do. My friends do not play anymore and I can not encourage them to come back because it is the same old same old all the time. How hard is it to communicate. If you can not do that then give it to someone who can. It was nice the Melody let us finally know Amy's tablet broke. Why not Amy????? Really to me it is not the items not done there was way too much for 1-2 people to do. It was the disregard of letting us know. How do you expect the players to show you respect when this silence shows disrespect to us.

There is no reason what so ever for the lack of communication coming from Amy. I appreciate how hard all hosts have worked to make this December a good one. The time they spent doing the ride event. The tons of hours spent building beautiful rooms. To Crash who made many many quests to keep us busy. That said Amy's silence is not acceptable. Sure her tablet is broken I am sure she has another device she can post a message on. The lack of updates on the tumblr page says she can not cope with the pressure of this game. I have been beyond nice and supportive. But not anymore. I came back so excited with so many other players most have left. I will not be far behind them now. Why, there is nothing to do. My friends do not play anymore and I can not encourage them to come back because it is the same old same old all the time. How hard is it to communicate. If you can not do that then give it to someone who can. It was nice the Melody let us finally know Amy's tablet broke. Why not Amy????? Really to me it is not the items not done there was way too much for 1-2 people to do. It was the disregard of letting us know. How do you expect the players to show you respect when this silence shows disrespect to us.
What I wanna know is how the participation prizes could be added but nothing else. If Amy made all of the items this month, besides the Angel and Stitch pins, then that means she had to make these prizes, right? So clearly she or someone is able to add items to the game and there is just a certain laziness occurring within the game :-/

What I wanna know is how the participation prizes could be added but nothing else. If Amy made all of the items this month, besides the Angel and Stitch pins, then that means she had to make these prizes, right? So clearly she or someone is able to add items to the game and there is just a certain laziness occurring within the game :-/
This is what I've said in another post, I had made items for the game during october but they weren't added, and its simply down to effort not being put in to do so from staff who add items to the game. There is no effort being put in to add the items for this month. Surely if Amy has created the items for this month they are already made and are just awaiting to be added? Why can't another staff member add them to the game? and if the items aren't created already, why are items being left SO LATE to be made. Why are items being made only a few days before release, and surely amy knew she was going on holiday, did she not prepare for that? Did she get on that plane knowing full well no items were made or ready and that they wouldn't be added until her return?

I completely agree

I agree with you about having to make some kind of announcement for the items being late. We did send out a game announcement tho. Also, let me clarify.. Amy made everything this month aside from the Angel and Stitch pins from the Hide n Seek events. PaintingCat was happy to make those, and is still very much apart of the team. :hearts:We have looked into a few new designers as well and are very excited to see what they will create. As for adding items, and the lateness and all that jazz.. I believe Amy plans on making a post explaining everything. So, look out for that cause she'll be able to tell you better than I can. :halcyon::paw:
Amys post explaining everything?
Been nearly a week now, or have I missed this?