LET'S STOP THE BULLYING. c:

Who has been victimized by bullying on myVMK? Let's raise awareness & put this to an END!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Anomaly

heywassuphello
Please send in a Call For Help, or feel free to email or contact any of us staff members either in game or the forums and we will try our hardest to put a stop to this.
It's hard because some wouldn't consider it as being "bullied". For example, a certain group of friends on here are sarcastic towards me and mock me. But if I was to call for help and you read the chat logs, it wouldn't look like they are necessarily bullying.

Anomaly

heywassuphello
Honestly I think a lot of people do it because they think it's cool and funny. And even if you report them and they get a warning or whatever they'll think it's funny. What kind of lame sense of humor do you have to have to think that? I have no idea. On a totally unrelated note, what is the one state doesn't have any laws about cyber-bullying? That just seems silly.
It just seems never ending. And I think when I researched it, I got my information for a post from a few years ago, but apparently all 50 states now have anti-bullying laws.

Anomaly

heywassuphello
Telling someone that they need to kill themselves, or that they're worthless is COMPLETELY different than someone being sarcastic. Sarcasm is not the same as bullying.
It depends on how someone uses sarcasm. I try to have friendly conversations with a group of people to avoid tension and they are sarcastically responsive, as they laugh at me. They mock me and they mock my anti-bullying thread. That IS bullying.

It depends on how someone uses sarcasm. I try to have friendly conversations with a group of people to avoid tension and they are sarcastically responsive, as they laugh at me. They mock me and they mock my anti-bullying thread. That IS bullying.
If that's not considered bullying to you than why can't they just be nice and carry on a small conversation with me. Or if we are in a group conversation in the POTC Lobby, everything I say gets mocked or laughed at. It's embarrassing and disrespectful. I've asked simple questions such as "I like your shoes, what are they called?" (cause I've never seen them in the game before) and I get rude responses and no actual answer. This is constant. It's ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kendzxo

It's hard to report since most people who are bullying or using "sarcasm" are most are friends with staff and everything gets turned around on the person being bullied and they get banned.... I left school when I was younger because of the bullying and to now be 20 and see people acting the SAME EXACT WAY is just amazing to me. Something seriously needs to be done

If that's not considered bullying to you than why can't they just be nice and carry on a small conversation with me. Or if we are in a group conversation in the POTC Lobby, everything I say gets mocked or laughed at. It's embarrassing and disrespectful. I've asked simple questions such as "I like your shoes, what are they called?" (cause I've never seen them in the game before) and I get rude responses and no actual answer. This is constant. It's ridiculous.
I've never seen that happen, so I can't really comment on it.

I stand by what I said though, sarcasm is not the same as bullying.

goobie

violent delights
I've never seen that happen, so I can't really comment on it.

I stand by what I said though, sarcasm is not the same as bullying.
This is also true. Sarcasm may come off as rude or mean but it's not necessarily bullying. If it was in person and someone was being overly sarcastic it'd be seen as more rude than anything. Unfortunately, nobody is required to be nice. But mocking you is unnecessary.

Anomaly

heywassuphello
I will gladly let you accuse me of being like the others for replying to your post because I know that I am not. "If you argue back, you're just as bad as the other" is false. It doesn't make me like "the others" at all. It means that I disagree. There is nothing wrong with disagreeing, that does not make me a bully. Writing your comment set everyone up for failure. Why on earth would I have posted this thread if I knew that I treated people negatively? That would come right back in my face, and I would have people calling me out for it left and right. "There are two sides to everything" is okay to say during a breakup or an argument, but there is not "two sides to everything" when it comes to poking fun at others and purposely hurting their feelings. Please tell me, what's their reason for calling others names and trash talking them? What's their reason for writing degrading and nasty things about others on different social media sites. What's their "story"? There is not an excuse in the world that makes it okay to trash talk, hurt, target and bully other

I will gladly let you accuse me of being like the others for replying to your post because I know that I am not. "If you argue back, you're just as bad as the other" is false. It doesn't make me like "the others" at all. It means that I disagree. There is nothing wrong with disagreeing, that does not make me a bully. Writing your comment set everyone up for failure. Why on earth would I have posted this thread if I knew that I treated people negatively? That would come right back in my face, and I would have people calling me out for it left and right. "There are two sides to everything" is okay to say during a breakup or an argument, but there is not "two sides to everything" when it comes to poking fun at others and purposely hurting their feelings. Please tell me, what's their reason for calling others names and trash talking them? What's their reason for writing degrading and nasty things about others on different social media sites. What's their "story"? There is not an excuse in the world that makes it okay to trash talk, hurt, target and bully other
I now understand the point of this thread.

I can agree that from the few posts I've seen on the "burn blog", they are pretty toxic, but sadly some people have so much frustration built up inside of them that they need a release. Perhaps they themselves have been bullied and the only way they know to cope with their pain is to spit it back out. I'm not saying it makes it right by any means, but I can understand why it's become such a popular meeting place. There comes a point in time when you need to look past what others are saying and be confident in yourself and who you are.

I have an unpopular opinion on bullying, I don't feel it's right, but it's not going to go away as long as people can't learn to accept peoples' differences. (And looking at the world and seeing some people like Trump being in the positions they're in, I doubt that'll be anytime soon.) I don't think we should focus our energy on stopping bullying, but by improving ourselves and not allowing the words that people say affect us. That's just my opinion though...

Last edited:

Anomaly

heywassuphello
Have you tried the ignore button? Just an option to not see what other people are saying.
This thread is not just for me. It's for all of the people being victimized. Using the ignore button is almost impossible based on the amount of people everyone would ignore. I also feel that many people don't like using the ignore button because then, they don't know what kind of awful things those people are saying about them. For example, I am glad I did not use the ignore button for a specific person because I wouldn't have known she was talking ******** about my son. My 10 month old son. Things like THAT need to be reported. If you used the ignore button, everyone around you will get a view of you differently than you'd like to perceive, without being able to stand up for yourself. Everyone should have a chance to defend themselves instead of being a sitting, mute target. Thanks for your suggestion though. c:

I now understand the point of this thread.

I can agree that from the few posts I've seen on different social media sites, they are pretty toxic, but sadly some people have so much frustration built up inside of them that they need a release. Perhaps they themselves have been bullied and the only way they know to cope with their pain is to spit it back out. I'm not saying it makes it right by any means, but I can understand why it's become such a popular meeting place. There comes a point in time when you need to look past what others are saying and be confident in yourself and who you are.

I have an unpopular opinion on bullying, I don't feel it's right, but it's not going to go away as long as people can't learn to accept peoples' differences. (And looking at the world and seeing some people being in the positions they're in, I doubt that'll be anytime soon.) I don't think we should focus our energy on stopping bullying, but by improving ourselves and not allowing the words that people say affect us. That's just my opinion though...
This thread wasn't just made to stop bullying, because I and everyone knows that that's near impossible. It was made to show (the poll) how many people have been bullied or have seen it in this game. It's to show that it is a severe problem. Maybe then people would view this and then take a look at themselves and discover whether they've accidentally or purposely played a part in bullying. Maybe then some would see that it's not worth it because people have quit their childhood game because of it. People have voted, others have shared personal stories. I wanted that to be the difference. I guess in my heart, I had highly hoped that the jerks would see that it's more hurtful than they realize, and that it's not worth it. I had hoped that they would just shut out their negative words and replace them with either nothing or something decent. But apparently this post was a waste of time.

Last edited by a moderator:

goobie

violent delights
Have you tried the ignore button? Just an option to not see what other people are saying.
This is partially a response to this quote but partially a response in general. I'm going to be super honest. I haven't been on myVMK much but I've played other games and when I was younger I somehow always found myself in really heated arguments. Ignoring obviously was always an option but I never did it. Personally, I love all kinds of attention. Positive or negative. Why would I ever ignore people if they were paying attention to me? I'm not saying this is necessarily the case for everyone because there's a lot of different factors and situations coming into play but I know I'm not the only like this. To me, when I was fourteen/fifteen years old, in some secret and twisted way if people were wasting their time talking about me it meant I was important. I'm not like this so much anymore but I know there are people who are. I think the same thing sometimes goes for people who are being mean to other players. If you can make them angry/upset enough to report or complain then in a really twisted way, you're doing something "right". I don't mean to sound like a bad person for saying any of this and I'm a bit hesitant to post this but I just wanted to illustrate that sometimes there's more to it than people being bullies and people being victims. There's so so many factors. Again, I'm not blaming anyone or saying this is the case for anyone who's posted on this thread but personally this is what it is for me.

I think cyberbulling is pretty pathetic and petty to begin with, but bullying on a game like myVMK is a new low in my opinion. I just think it's kind of ridiclious seen as this is a pretty chilled game. I can imagine it happening on competitive games but people mainly come on this game to relax and relive their childhood memories in a sense, and to bully someone whilst they're doing that is pretty pathetic. Most people are old enough now to realise that success on a game means nothing in reality. But by the sounds of it, some people have allowed their success in the game to get to their head and have probably gotten carried away, formed cliqués and been rude to people without realising. It's a shame that this has actually lead to people leaving the game. If someone was rude to me on here then I'd probably think they were a bit weird, move on and forget about it. But if it's cliqués of people that are bullying one person, on numerous occassions, then I can see why they'd want to leave. It's such a shame.

Gamecrazy

Cyber bullying can be a problem, however I also believe that some things are taken too personally by people, and many do not realize that someone saying something over the internet has no value because they have never seen you in person. It's like yelling at blank space. So really, the problem is not just people who want to cause trouble to other people or "Cyber Bullying" but it is also people who take things too seriously over the internet, and can't take criticism very well. Let's put it this way, if nobody ever reacted, would there ever be these "bullies"? No, they would get bored and move on.

I was on the end of it yesterday. It's the first time I had experienced it in the game. People who were repeatedly ruining other player's games on purpose, because they didn't like them playing in "their lobby." They were joining friendly games and shooting repeatedly when we asked them to please stop. Then they would join our games over & over again, even though we asked them to please leave us be. They told us to leave or they would not leave us alone.

Our games were being generated in the main lobby because that is where the bulk of the players are and it's tough to find people to participate in the empty lobbys. I left and played HM. I know many others did too and they were afraid to go back to the lobby. I wish there was a way to separate those that are so against friendly games in "their" lobby. A lobby labeled friendly that kicks you back out into it after the games end? That way, those of us that like to play friendly do not have to interact with the bullys at all.

I was on the end of it yesterday. It's the first time I had experienced it in the game. People who were repeatedly ruining other player's games on purpose, because they didn't like them playing in "their lobby." They were joining friendly games and shooting repeatedly when we asked them to please stop. Then they would join our games over & over again, even though we asked them to please leave us be. They told us to leave or they would not leave us alone.

Our games were being generated in the main lobby because that is where the bulk of the players are and it's tough to find people to participate in the empty lobbys. I left and played HM. I know many others did too and they were afraid to go back to the lobby. I wish there was a way to separate those that are so against friendly games in "their" lobby. A lobby labeled friendly that kicks you back out into it after the games end? That way, those of us that like to play friendly do not have to interact with the bullys at all.
This has been a huge issue since pirate game came out(2015). Loads of people wanted friendly but yes sadly the competitive players would yell at us to leave and joining our games until we left. It's a very great idea to actually have a generated friendly room for us so they, the suppose "bullies", can stop this rudeness at least.

It still hurts knowing it's still happening a year later and YOU ARE ADULTS ACTING LIKE CHILDREN? Unless, you're under 18(or the legal age of being adult from where you're from), you still have no right to hate on anyone or be mean to anyone. Grow up, and don't say "it's just the internet" or "free speech". there's a huge difference between free speech and "bullying". If you're an adult and doing these actions, shame on you.