Main Street Electrical Parade Quest

I don't think I've felt this relieved to finish a quest since finishing Dragon Slayer or Monkey Madness or Recipe for Disaster on Runescape, seriously.

As for my actual feedback on the quest: Am I happy I learned a lot about my favorite Disney parade? Yes. Am I kinda salty that I only have a pin to show for it? Kinda. And yes, before people state the obvious, yes I don't have to do it, yes I can shut up because it's a free item, etc. etc. But really, I feel more rewarded for doing some of the <5 minute quests than I did this quest, the "Skeleton Dance" quest for example, I get a cool pin AND some furniture for a few minutes of work. This quest took me about an hour (and yes the more you do it, the faster it'll get, and some people will naturally do it faster) not only because of researching the trivia, but waiting for the monorail, walking through the Injun Joe Cave, getting wrong answers and having to repeat steps (which I know not everyone will make mistakes but still, missing maybe one step can set you back a few minutes) etc.

Is the actual quest fine? Yes it's great, I actually had to look up information and learn about about the Electrical Parade, I watched videos of the Electrical Parade, I got to jam out to Owl City as I was answering questions regarding Paint The Night, the actual quest was fantastic. I liked the variation of tasks, it didn't feel repetitive like the JC and HM quests where we played those games over and over. Do I mind that the quest takes a long time? No, I just wish I felt more rewarded for spending the time to do so, and it's not that the quest reward is bad, I actually really like the pin, it looks really nice, just wish we got something else along with it, even if it's re released items.

TL;DR: The quest is great but the quest reward didn't feel that rewarding.

Last edited:
I agree. It took forever to complete and 90% of the answers I couldnt even google the answer for so I was just following people who already did it. It would have been ok if it wasnt so long to do...

HOST_Crash

Hi Everyone!

Thank you for your feedback regarding my "Main Street Electrical Parade" quest.

One thing I strive for with the quests is to try and offer variety for everyone. I do my best to make most of my quests reasonably accessible to most players in the game. My Sunday event and holiday quests will always remain relatively simplistic. This is to ensure that everyone can complete them within a reasonable amount of time without too much effort. However as the weeks go by I have had an increasing amount of requests for some more challenging quests. In an attempt to please those players, once in a while I like to offer a tougher more challenging quest. I realize when ever I do this there will be some players who inevitably struggle. It is never my intention to frustrate anyone or to attempt to exclude anyone, however it is impossible to please everyone with everything.

Today's quest was intended to be one of my more challenging quests. It was primarily aimed at the trivia enthusiasts of VMK. In the past I've done difficult quests requiring mini games, this time around I decided to make trivia the challenge. I feel what sets apart challenging trivia with challenging mini games is simply once you, or someone you know, has the answers, the quest becomes infinitely simpler as you progress. I personally am not a huge fan of trivia, I do not offer trivia quests that often, but in an attempt to offer variety this month I decided to throw some into the mix. I apologize if some of the trivia I picked was a bit too obscure. Because I do not offer trivia that often it is a bit more difficult to determine what is reasonable and what is a bit too far into the land of die-hard trivia enthusiasts.

I realize the community is quite diverse with everyone having varying tastes, skills, and play-styles. I try to balance pleasing each individual group with what I feel the majority is able to do. Sometimes accomplishing those tasks requires effort but this is a game. Different aspects will always have different difficulties, some things will always be easier than others. For the most part I try to keep quests reasonable for the majority of the community. I have a lot of respect for the community. I take all feedback seriously and I make changes in response to feedback. I want quests to continue to remain a fun aspect of the game. I also thank each and every person who takes time to do my quests each week.

I understand the frustrations with regard to rewards for efforts and I wanted to elaborate a little bit on that. I create my quests pretty far in advance. More often than not they are created well before a prize is determined for the quest. I have very little input into what prizes I am allowed to reward for my quests. This month in particular themed pins were created, some of those pins were combined with re-releases. Last month it was furniture and re-releases. Again feedback is always considered when these decisions are made.

This quest was more of a one-off special quest, only a pin was planned for it. When I ran my challenging quests last month the only prizes were re-releases. It was requested that the next time a harder quest ran a more unique prize was preferred. This quest however turned out to be more challenging than anticipated and thus the reward may not have necessarily have been worth the effort for some. However the feedback is noted and will be taken into consideration for the next challenging quest.

I am again sorry for any frustration anyone encountered with regards to this quest. I thank you once again for your feedback.

Today's quest was intended to be one of my more challenging quests. It was primarily aimed at the trivia enthusiasts of VMK.
One thing I TOTALLY forgot to say in my last post was that I absolutely ADORED this quest. It called me back to the old days of VMK when I was admittedly less keen on some of the trivia I was trying to answering. The Main Street Electrical Parade will always be my favorite, thus doing the trivia for it was very fun. There were some questions I had no idea what the answer was and I was so frustrated, but in the best way possible. You obviously have a very broad knowledge of the parade (or are a very good researcher!). I really enjoyed doing the quest, and I do hope you will make more like this as they are extremely enjoyable!

EDIT: Sidenote, @GHOST_Crash, would it be possible to maybe add a confirm pop up for the quit quest button? I personally have hit it twice today when I was around task 70 and had to completely restart as a result.

Last edited:
This quest took me about an hour
Lucky! It took my boy account 2 hours with a LOT of help from others LOL

@GHOST_Crash
I totally understand your points but I think if a quest is very hard then it shouldn't be so long, especially when google isn't very helpful with some of the answers haha

115 tasks might be more suited to a wave/dance - go to room - pick up items type of quest whereas something of this difficulty would be better as the 30-ish kind of quest imo

The pin is super cute though and congrats to the designer, and once again thank you for taking the time and effort to make these quests :)

The quest is going to be extended through Sunday the 22nd. It will end at the same time as the two quests that are also scheduled for that day.

We apologize for any technical difficulties you may have encountered.
Will the quest need to be restarted for those of us who left before the crash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loved the quest! Crash really went obscure, I would have never guessed Return to Oz, luckily someone was there to help after I named every Disney Princess movie I could think of. The only suggestion I would have on quests of this nature is maybe make it for two days. I stayed up way too late last night.

Felt like I was doing Capt Blackhearts treasure, but enjoyed the quest the second time around and learned a lot from obscure 80s films. I'm more of a Spectromagic type of guy, but really learned to love this parade after the quest.

Seems like the quest expired for a bunch of us a few minutes ago. When starting it from the beginning at Main Street and doing the first task, it keeps expiring over and over.