Mini-Game Incentives

Just a thought, but I would love to see incentives for mini games. The idea would be that you can win rarer items by being skilled at a certain game. It'd be similar to an "achievement unlock" on Xbox/Steam/PS3 except on here it'd be represented by an item, or pin.

Examples:
  • Collect all 999 ghosts in the haunted mansion within a certain time frame and receive a "Caretaker" pin.
  • Take pictures of nothing, but monkeys and receive the "Quit monkeying around pin."
  • In Pirates you sink "X" amount of ships in a period of time and you receive a piece of pirate clothing, or pin.
  • In Fireworks you get a combo of "X" you win fireworks magic.
  • In Checkers...oh wait... ;P
This puts the control back into the players hands, rather than relying on luck/chance. I think it'd be a fair alternative to flash sales, everyone has the same chance of winning something. It also keeps people wanting to play, unlike the flash sale that lasted for 5 seconds and everyone left.

Also, I think this would alleviate some stress from staff as well. Instead of constantly having to come up with a new item for a flash sale, dealing with negative backlash from those who didn't receive the item, and having to be on each time a sale happens, they can simply allow these incentives run through the course of however long they want (a month seems fair enough). No item limits needed.

Like I said though, just a thought...

Last edited:
Yes! I honestly miss the tsum bags and if we could do something like this again, whether it be crates, tsums, or just rarer things, I'm in.

Well I was thinking more along the lines of a specific item being obtained from completing a specific task rather than leaving it up to chance by using crates, or tsum bags. Personally I'd like to see more skill based tasks, even if it's just hard quests with rare items. #unpopularopinion

Well I was thinking more along the lines of a specific item being obtained from completing a specific task rather than leaving it up to chance by using crates, or tsum bags. Personally I'd like to see more skill based tasks, even if it's just hard quests with rare items. #unpopularopinion
I agree with this. I think the tsum bags got old pretty quick (I know I was personally tired of everyone freaking out about then and now having my inventory filled with pins I don't want).
If I could earn items from completing tasks, I would also be more likely to play the minigames; especially since I only play minigames now when it's double credits.

they do this a lot, it's just usually temporary (like the party hat in fireworks or popcorn magic)

I agree the luck/chance stuff is getting pretty old so I'd love to see more of these rewards!!!!!! just 2 change it up

they do this a lot, it's just usually temporary (like the party hat in fireworks or popcorn magic)

I agree the luck/chance stuff is getting pretty old so I'd love to see more of these rewards!!!!!! just 2 change it up
I don't know about "a lot"...but you're right they have done something similar, the idea I'm thinking of is a little different though.

It's more along the lines of a specific rare item that correlates to a specific achievement that you've accomplished in game, not necessarily just winning a mini-game and receiving an item. If you want the item you have to complete the challenge. This allows people to create a price value for that item without just pulling it out their butt like with the flash sale. If the challenge is to "Sink 10 ships in the Pirates mini-game everyday this week." and I choose to spend my time to complete that challenge, then justifying a higher price value for that item would make sense.

Last edited:
I agree that it shouldn't be like the tsums since that was luck and I would also rather have skill based rewards that aren't tradeable so if you have one people know that you did that task. It could be something like get 99 ghosts in haunted mansion exactly gives you something or getting in a score range for jungle cruise or only taking pictures of monkeys and getting a certain score. I don't like the popcorn magic way of getting rewards since its just farming pretty much rather than skill.

VMKfan

Yes I agree wth this as well. Skill-based incentives would also be a popular increase of players

Yes I agree wth this as well. Skill-based incentives would also be a popular increase of players
It would also make HM more popular
It's my favorite minigame but there's hardly ever anybody in the lobby, unless there is a quest or some other prize to go along with playing it.

I don't like the popcorn magic way of getting rewards since its just farming pretty much rather than skill.
I've grown up in the south, I've had enough with farming... xD

It could be something like get 99 ghosts in haunted mansion exactly gives you something or getting in a score range for jungle cruise or only taking pictures of monkeys and getting a certain score.
I LOVE this! That's exactly the kind of tasks I was wanting to express, but I couldn't specifically think of any good ones.

(Collect all 999 ghosts in the haunted mansion within a certain time frame and receive a "Caretaker" pin.)

(Take pictures of nothing, but monkeys and receive the "Quit monkeying around pin.")

I've grown up in the south, I've had enough with farming... xD

I used to play wizard101 after vmk closed and farmed a lot trying to get items so I know how it is not wanting to farm xD

I LOVE this! That's exactly the kind of tasks I was wanting to express, but I couldn't specifically think of any good ones.

(Collect all 999 ghosts in the haunted mansion within a certain time frame and receive a "Caretaker" pin.)

(Take pictures of nothing, but monkeys and receive the "Quit monkeying around pin.")
I'm glad you liked them! Great titles for them too! Maybe update the main post so it is more clear to other people who are confused?

This is a good idea except that Jolber would be stacked in these items.
I mean...if he can complete the challenge I guess he would be. I think having "challenges" setup like this would be beneficial to all players, those who wish to be social AND also those who play more of a lone wolf style.

I really like this idea. The most popular mini-game seems to be pirates, so maybe if there was more incentive to play other games then they'd be more popular. I was thinking, for haunted mansion, after catching so many ghosts or getting certain achievements then maybe there could be a turn into a HM ghost magic? Probably a stupid idea haha, but I'd personally like stuff like that. :)