MMK and Forums STAFF separate?

Caribbean_Gal said:
Monorail said:
Finland said:
I called this the second I joined the old forums, and yeah... But I agree, in-game staff need to be older, more professional, and can't allow themselves to become "well known" on the forums.
Could you elaborate on that?
Yes, please. I agree that most staff should have a minimum age, personally believing that age needs to be a high school graduate (for both roles, really), but what is the harm (or benefit as I don't hold an opinion currently)of being known on forums? I know CLs that would post on DIS boards, but I'm guessing HOSTs were Disney employees with probable instructions to not reveal themselves publicly, and were probably not the least bit interested in reading about vmk or trading when their shift ended each day!
Well, CL_'s weren't staff for one. They had no real power. As for host, I think they checked the boards. They had to, or they wouldn't see if people posted the winning teleporter. I know for a fact Lily posted on DisBoards once or twice, with a shhhh!!! But I would be very surprised if staff weren't lurkers on the forums.

I think staff should be directly handled in two different entities aswell!
But I also think staff should be anonymous, so staff don't feel morally obligated by friends to not ban someone or something along those lines.

Lettie

Championdog said:
But I also think staff should be anonymous, so staff don't feel morally obligated by friends to not ban someone or something along those lines.
I definitely agree with this. Anon in-game staff would help.

Oswald

Championdog said:
Good idea, but if the staff are persuaded by your friends, even if you weren't anon, then i don't know if they are good staff lol

Lettie

Oswald said:
Championdog said:
Good idea, but if the staff are persuaded by your friends, even if you weren't anon, then i don't know if they are good staff lol
Hiring and firing in-game staff should be entirely Amy and Grizzly's decision. Not ours. In-game staff should be professional, mature people. Not "persuaded by friends." The only people who need to know that they are good staff are Amy and Grizzly.

Finland said:
I called this the second I joined the old forums, and yeah... But I agree, in-game staff need to be older, more professional, and can't allow themselves to become "well known" on the forums.
THIS.

The in game staff in the original VMK had no relationships with anyone inside the forums. That's the way it should be in MMK. Only Amy, Grizzly, and Kevin should know about them.

Katharine

Personally, I feel as if most Staff on OVMK were just a bunch of friends hanging out. Sure, they may of been qualified and all but they never truly got out of their "bubbles" or went out of their way to be friends with everyone. They obviously had their cliques and did not do much to be part of the community as a whole. I would appreciate it if Staff on MMK were much more community-based rather than clique-based. That is all.

I don't think it's a matter of keeping the staff separate, but rather choosing the right kind of people to fill those positions.
Anyone qualified to be MMK staff or a Moderator should have the ability to balance both.

Just my 2 cents.