My apology and looking to the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
APOLOGY?!
Girl, we do NOT want an apology. We want you out! Seriously the damage you have done, the damage you have not addressed in almost a week has torn the community a part. You have too much power over so many people. Please, if you TRULY care about the well-being of us, the game itself and Amy, then do us a favor and take your destruction elsewhere...

":)"

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
I just realized why Amy can not fire Kali. All the others are her friends. So if Lisa was fired then they would walk away leaving no staff. I would rather you close the game for a week or 2 to hire new staff and train them than it to continue in this toxic environment. The reason they are all working together is because they are all best buds. Most of them Real life friends too.

Once_Upon_A_Time

♥Disneyland Addict♥
This Thread has over 10,000 views in one day that is a sign for change

savvy.max

Trading: http://tinyurl.com/savvymax
I have never been fed any insider information from Kali. My ability to read people and make judgement calls on what happened is accidental and sometimes outright wrong. I did however have several long talks with Amy that stopped after she and other staff decided to read through the entirety of my ingame chatlog. Trust me having to explain that although I may have said "I hate Amy" and reading the entirety of someones personal conversations was not something I enjoyed happening or explaining. There is other former staff member who then took it upon themselves to read through my chatlog regularly and banned me for things that I said that were NOT reported. This is essentially the same thing as the NSA using your recorded phone conversations against you without a warrant and in my opinion is overmoderation and abuse of power by said former moderator. I found out from another former staff member that this caused a fight in the staff channel that lasted an entire day over this one abuse of power. If I had any preferential treatment would I be banned in the first place? Staff have never accused me of advanced knowledge and have never once questioned me because honestly it has not happened.

Last edited by a moderator:

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
I am not going to be reading the 15 pages or so that has accumulated up to this point. So i apologized if some of the things i say have already been said.

I have already read 5 pages in Kestrels thread.

I have read 7 pages in Amy's.

I have read 29 pages in the original thread.

It's blatantly obvious you guys took so long to respond to the 500+ replies to the original thread because all the staff members were working on getting the wording just right and pushing them out all at once to overwhelm and hope it makes us appear less involved over 4 threads.

But *sigh* Ok. time for another one of these posts.

First, and foremost I would like to start off by saying I’m Sorry. I am sorry you had to see what I said in a private chat among staff. It should never have been said, but it also never should have been released to the public, as all staff had agreed to never share it.
"i'm sorry we got caught"

I got caught up in my emotions and lost it.
Yes, i'd say. Funny how looking through that skype conversation, everybody was having a calm and clear discussion about the events and prizes and the whole situation we have heard about. T'was very sudden when you popped in and said what you said, and showed no remorse and just went back to arguing for giving your friends rares.

And you know what? The thing that annoys me a lot? I can't even quote what you said. Because it is not at all appropriate or right to say that to anyone, let alone a fellow staff member, let alone a 16 year old staff member, who has so much more maturity than you.

I later apologized after clearing my head, but that part somehow was not posted.
And funny how even after all these threads intended to show both sides and clear things up, you guys just beat around the bush. You want us to see your side? Post the same evidence that the other side is posting.

I am very sad that instead of focusing on the game now it has become more about what dirt can be found on which person, have we forgotten why they are here?
I'm very sad this is what has been happening too. I'm sure if the people responsible for this mess would step down, we could all go back to focusing on the game. It's hard to focus on a game when you know the people running it consistently (not just this one occurrence) victimize, favoritize, and hurt players.

The reason so many staff members were against me was because I spoke up.
lol. just lol. Yes, everyone wants you to resign because you spoke up. Nobody is allowed to speak up ever. Maybe its what you spoke up about.

I fought for the players. I asked for double credit days and lower prices on items released for building. I asked to not make most wanted items always so difficult to obtain, to let players get those items that they loved and cherished in VMK.. Some staff members brushed it off, laughed at me. I would tell them how it was a struggle for some players to earn credits. They would say that there is no struggle that those with little time should not expect to have much. Some of the other staff members agreed with me, they understood “the player struggle” but they were afraid to speak up because they saw how I was treated. They would ask me to speak up, to say things about what was wrong but rarely backed me up publicly and I can’t blame them. I was happy to do this because it was for the betterment of the game and the team but, of course, some refused to see that.
AKA ignore all the bad things ive done because i am telling you now with no proof that i have tried to make it easy for you guys to get credits.

It is pretty difficult to earn credits...I mean just how many credits is a firewall worth? A clock? A stitch hat? (A lot more than 300k, but thanks for trying to make it look like your friend paid a decent price for it.)

We had some staff leave before out of frustration, some felt they just could not speak up and even if they did they would not be listened to so they sat there upset daily.
"They would not be listened to"

This seems familier.

Like...like staff is not listening to us...

We have had a lack of organization ever since I started and I believe since the game was opened. Many of us asked for things to get better, be more open about what is going on with all staff but this somehow never happened.
Maybe because asking for something (Things to get better, forgiveness, etc) is not a valid reason for getting something. You want things to get better? Make them better. You want forgiveness? This cookie-cutter apology is not the way.

Abs and I will be working with our staff team to get us organized, planning in advance and keeping everyone informed on what the plan is and what Amy is working on.
So "sorry we got caught being immature and unable to handle our emotions/biases while running this game, heres how we will continue to run it"

Our staff team is feeling positive, free to speak in the chat, able to joke around and have fun with each other as we work together.
I'm sure it is, since the only people left on the team are the ones who are involved in this.

Amy needs strong admins to be able to help her with the day to day operations of the game and to manage her staff.
Amy needs compassionate admins. Amy needs mature admins. Amy needs logical admins.

Some may hate her decision on her new admins but in the end they are her admins and those she felt she could trust to run the game how she would like it to be done.
Or those best successful at manipulating her. Who wants to fire her friends? Nobody does.

Amy is one of the most loving, caring and giving people I know. She has given so many hours to this game simply so that we could all enjoy it and much of the time there is little to no thanks for it, sometimes even open hatred or attacks.
Ah, the classic "be grateful this is here. you should be thanking amy not giving us criticism on how we could improve the game"

During my time on staff I have worked hard to keep the game safe, I have no idea how many hours I have spent doing this.
You have also emotionally hurt people and come across as rude and immature. I have no idea how many hours you have spent doing this either.
I would talk with some of the players to change their behavior in the game.
Well, players are most definitely changing their behavior in the game now-a-days.
I didn’t want to ban them.
Just like you did not want to ban staff?

Many of those players had a change of heart, and changed their ways. So many things happened behind the scenes, some of these things not pretty at all but out of respect for Amy I will not share them. I will not provide you with private chats; I will not provide you with game logs. I will not tell you the wrongs of other staff in the past.
One side shows us evidence, other side refuses to show us evidence to refute the first side. If you're still unclear on why popular opinion is not at all in your favor, i don't know what else to say.

Amy, Abs and myself have so many ideas on how to make things different and we will be working diligently to implement them into the game. We want those builders out there to have a better chance at getting the furniture they want yet still have time to spend with their friends. We want to make the game more fun and friendly, we will be tightening up on any inappropriate behavior in the game from language to harassment. We will be coming up with fun new ways to release things. This list could go on and on, but the point is, things are going to change.
So basically, everybody who has enjoyed the economic aspect of the game, and the concept of "rares", it was nice knowing ya. Look at what this whole situation arose over. Staff giving out super-rares to their friends. And just look at the above quote. Things will be easier to get. The nice thing we had with all the other staff was a pretty balanced economy, so the people who enjoyed trading could still do that. Looks like thats going bye bye.

And also. "We will be tightening up on any inappropriate behavior in the game from language to harassment"

Now I will address the late night games that many of you think were shady or, showed favoritism. Amy and I had been talking about how dead the game was in the middle of the night there were maybe 20-25 players on the game. We decided to try a trivia room, many players came, they were happy to be playing, they were all interacting. Amy gave out her Tiffiniy pins and they were a big hit. I gave out pink/blue top hat chairs with the occasional dreams badge. Players said we should do more late night events, which were fun. I built a game show room, a game alert was sent out, and players came, excited to play. It was a game of chance; I have no control over what number the generators roll. I would choose players using a command that would pick a random player (same command used during dreams month) and the game would begin. Everyone in the audience was happy, having fun, telling the players to pick higher, or lower. Which curtain to choose. It was a group game, and the players told us it was fun playing even if they didn’t win the big prize. Everyone in the room got a chance. During the games of which there were 2, each running for over 4 hours in total there were 2 clocks won, 1 firewall won by Amy and 1 pink tiki all other players got an egg, frying pan, pink rock or a few credits, all prizes were set beforehand, there was no changing of the way the game was run or the prizes received at the different levels, it was the same for all.
This was a test run to see how players reacted to the game set up. It wasn’t tweeted; it wasn’t put on the calendar because it was a slow game. Staff seemed to ignore the fact Amy that had given permission and was there the entire time. It was almost like they didn’t respect her, and she had to ask for permission from them to do something in her game.
I already explained my arguments in Amys thread so am not going to expand too much on them here. It is more than possible to host fun games, especially late at night, without giving away super-rares. And guess what? the 20-25 people on the game that late/early? Are usually the same people that are always on at that time. A lot of which are your friends.

And honestly, the fact that staff were arguing against these games even with amy giving permission just increases my respect for them. Are you saying Amy is perfect? She gave permission for these prizes, but obviously considering what has been going on it was not the right decision to give out super-rares without announcing it.

Also, laughing that you don't even bother to mention the stitch hat auction that you were involved in, because you know what you did.

In conclusion I am sorry that many of you feel betrayed or hurt by me and I do hope you can forgive me but I am here and I will be working with our team to bring you a great game experience.
"I know i hurt a lot of you and even if you cant forgive me i am here to stay"

I know that with the help of Abs and our wonderful team we are going to make the game more enjoyable and better for all.
What team is even left? And more enjoyable for who? At this rate half the population will be gone by the end of the week. Take a look at the goodbye forum and see the result of your actions.

Amy has so many wonderful and creative new ideas that she wants to add to the game, to make the game more fun and with our help, taking the weight of running the team off her she will be more free to accomplish them. I know we will not be able to make everyone happy all of the time, but we are going to try. I do hope you will at least try to give us a chance
You've had your chance. You failed. Step down so we can move past this and make the game a better place.

what do you have to lose?
A beloved childhood game that we all like to sit back and enjoy because it brings us relaxation and brings back the magic? The memories of what this game used to be? The community we have all come to know and love? Is that enough to lose, or do you want me to go on?

Status
Not open for further replies.