My feedback

First of all - let me start by saying how happy I am to be back in our Virtual Kingdom. I fully appreciate how much work Amy and the team have poured into this game knowing they will not be able to see a financial gain from it.

I am an 'adult' player who missed this game very very much and I really am just happy to be able to wander around Main Street, pop in to see Esmarelda and wonder if she is talking about Doctor Who when she mentions that bow tie...

I do feel the need to chime in with my 2 cents about items being retired so quickly though. I also wish this would slow down. I will also echo the sentiment that items disappearing rapidly without a real way to earn credits encourages mass clone creation.

I appreciate the shell game as a credit earner but it doesn't work more many of the players.

Please be wary of the tone that is being set. VMK retired items without warning also but they had a very fair way of earning credits that involved many aspects of game play (from competitive to cooperative)... Maybe things shouldn't be retired (or introduced) until a solid way to earn credits has been established.

I know Amy said the reason she wanted to recreate this game so she could make people happy - and that has been very successful - I (for one) am very glad she brought it back. I also know that it is impossible to make everyone happy. It is my sincerest hope that a balance can be found.

Lost

VMK retired items without warning also but they had a very fair way of earning credits that involved many aspects of game play (from competitive to cooperative)... Maybe things shouldn't be retired (or introduced) until a solid way to earn credits has been established.
My view as well.

LuvDaPixie

I agree......I mostly feel bad for those that are still having issues getting into the game, even after they've done everything everyone is suggesting for them to try. I haven't had any problems getting on fortunately, and I didn't buy the green flip as it was never one of my favorite hats to begin with, so that was my choice to not have one. But for those that didn't get a chance to get on yet, they had no choice.......

Megara

no sleep club
Please be wary of the tone that is being set. VMK retired items without warning also but they had a very fair way of earning credits that involved many aspects of game play (from competitive to cooperative)... Maybe things shouldn't be retired (or introduced) until a solid way to earn credits has been established.
I agree with this wholeheartedly. My same viewpoint, as well.

Geggy

First of all - let me start by saying how happy I am to be back in our Virtual Kingdom. I fully appreciate how much work Amy and the team have poured into this game knowing they will not be able to see a financial gain from it.

I am an 'adult' player who missed this game very very much and I really am just happy to be able to wander around Main Street, pop in to see Esmarelda and wonder if she is talking about Doctor Who when she mentions that bow tie...

I do feel the need to chime in with my 2 cents about items being retired so quickly though. I also wish this would slow down. I will also echo the sentiment that items disappearing rapidly without a real way to earn credits encourages mass clone creation.

I appreciate the shell game as a credit earner but it doesn't work more many of the players.

I know Amy said the reason she wanted to recreate this game so she could make people happy - and that has been very successful - I (for one) am very glad she brought it back. I also know that it is impossible to make everyone happy. It is my sincerest hope that a balance can be found.
There are many people who feel this way. Thank you for your post, as a similar thread that was started earlier was closed for some reason.

Diznywiz

Pirate 4 Life
Well said. It's great the game is back, everyone who has signed up and played VMK in the past is happy to see it and grats to all the hardwork that made it happen.

The economy and items quite honestly do need to be managed better, what is happening now could lead to frustration or abuses of the game.

Shell game is just not a good way for players across the board to earn enough credits. Fireworks and Pirates will go a long way to solve the credits crunch, along with bringing back games people really enjoyed playing.

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
I totally agree. Amy please take this into consideration. Balance is so important. There is a very larger group that plays that tends not to post on this board. It is a game for everyone :)

I also appreciate all of the hard work that has gone into this.

Back in the day... items were introduced on Friday morning open, and weren't taken off sale until the following close Thursday night. The week gave everyone a chance to see the materials available and the opportunity to earn enough to get one or more of the items (though in all fairness there was a bit of grousing about that too...). Just a suggestion, but it seems like a week is fair to have some new items introduced. If there is something really cool and new that needs to come into the game quickly, an event could be arranged, but even those were set for 2-3 days and publicized prior to it happening.

I'm not a huge planner, but I think it might be a good idea in this instance.

Thanks for listening

g

Geggy

Back in the day... items were introduced on Friday morning open, and weren't taken off sale until the following close Thursday night. The week gave everyone a chance to see the materials available and the opportunity to earn enough to get one or more of the items (though in all fairness there was a bit of grousing about that too...). Just a suggestion, but it seems like a week is fair to have some new items introduced. If there is something really cool and new that needs to come into the game quickly, an event could be arranged, but even those were set for 2-3 days and publicized prior to it happening.

Thanks for listening

g
I truly hope someone on the team listens to your wisdom, GPDOT!

I think a few of us have tried to point this out over and over, my thread was immediately closed, I guess they felt there were "too many" concerns about this and didn't want another. I hope they take feedback to heart..

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
I like the shell game as a competition but its rather difficult to make money without sitting there frantically clicking on shells that people obviously either know they spawn or have a latency advantage over me. Its just about as frustrating as dying in COD to a player you obviously should have killed. Which is the reason i dont participate in this event for more than 10 minutes at a time. Not just that, it takes an act of god to get into the quest quarters and bazaar since the same 20 people are in there 24/7..

aliceblue

My sentiments exactly, PartyLT! And I'm sure you speak for quite a few of us.

Thanks for listening

g
That schedule helped VMK to be both exciting (the anticipation of new items) and predictable (you knew how much time you had to earn credits). In case anyone wonders, it did not in any way interfere with trading; instead it helped us accumulate a reasonable supply of items that could be traded to newer players or others who had missed the sales. Whatever anyone thinks of the "exclusive" aspect, the result was an extremely robust economy.

I agree with this. I'm so happy that we are able to play this game, but I wish that the rate of earning credits is enough to make it more possible to get items before they are retired.