My Perspective on Recent Events

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonder

I wonder if any of you have ever contacted an online game provider before. Do you think they will give you the time of day? Apoligise for things you don't like, act on your wishes???????

Please I beg you all to try contacting , hmmmm, Blizzard, Riot, Valve, and demand they make change, see what the response is. Probably something along the lines of "thank you for contacting us, NO". Its their way or the highway.

You have gotten apologies, explanations, certainly more than you would get anywhere else and still demanding blood!
Wow, just wow.
Well I'm quite sure they wouldn't allow someone like Kali and Absolem to be admins in the first place, so.

Oyote

I wonder if any of you have ever contacted an online game provider before. Do you think they will give you the time of day? Apoligise for things you don't like, act on your wishes???????

Please I beg you all to try contacting , hmmmm, Blizzard, Riot, Valve, and demand they make change, see what the response is. Probably something along the lines of "thank you for contacting us, NO". Its their way or the highway.

You have gotten apologies, explanations, certainly more than you would get anywhere else and still demanding blood!
Wow, just wow.
you are comparing this game to multi-million/billion dollar companies with much much much much much much much larger communities. You are saying a green bean is the same thing as an apple basically. I would chill out before you make comparisons that you can't compare with. I commend your scholarly attempt though.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!

Wow, just wow.
I play Blizzard and Riot's games regularly, and my boyfriend has played League since season 1 (6 years) and Riot has always responded to us. They take player suggestions in to consideration all the time, and they're constantly updating the servers and the game with new content and featuring work members of the community have done.[DOUBLEPOST=1430962016][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well I'm quite sure they wouldn't allow someone like Kali and Absolem to be admins in the first place, so.
Um, definitely not. Blizzard and Riot specifically are multi-billion dollar companies. They have their public image, and the integrity of their company to uphold, they would never allow a member of their team treat their players (and customers) in such a horrific way as Kali and Absolem have treated the players in this community. They'd be fired in a hot second.

Oyote

I play Blizzard and Riot's games regularly, and my boyfriend has played League since season 1 (6 years) and Riot has always responded to us. They take player suggestions in to consideration all the time, and they're constantly updating the servers and the game with new content and featuring work members of the community have done.[DOUBLEPOST=1430962016][/DOUBLEPOST]
Um, definitely not. Blizzard and Riot specifically are multi-billion dollar companies. They have their public image, and the integrity of their company to uphold, they would never allow a member of their team treat their players (and customers) in such a horrific way as Kali and Absolem have treated the players in this community. They'd be fired in a hot second.
At the same time, Kali and Abs. have nothing to lose from doing something bad. Riot employees have careers on the line. Can't really blame whoever set these hosts up because bad hosts are bound to come along with nothing to lose, but like you are saying, they should be canned to set them as example probably lol.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
At the same time, Kali and Abs. have nothing to lose from doing something bad. Riot employees have careers on the line. Can't really blame whoever set these hosts up because bad hosts are bound to come along with nothing to lose.
Exactly, because this is an entirely volunteer based game from both the player aspect and the behind-the-scenes development/admin/moderator aspect there's really no loss, only hurt feelings back and forth. There's no money or career to lose, just respect, integrity, and trust amongst the community and staff. So because there's no monetary loss, using logical judgement, proper behavior, good etiquette etc, isn't taken as seriously and in most cases there's no actual care taken because there's no tangible loss from the decisions that are made.

Wow, just wow.
Blizzard has in fact fired an employee after the community lashed out over something he did.

Last edited:

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.

Wow, just wow.
One, yes, a lot of good companies have and will.

2: You are comparing companies whose main motivator is to make money to MyVMK. The goals of the two are very different. MyVMK is about building a community and bringing back a beloved childhood game. Both of those goals are quickly going down the drain.

Myth

"Be the change that you want to see"

*imo*
Posting negative comments just drags out everything further at this point. If you want good change to happen, then try to make it happen instead of arguing with people. What's done is done, and trust that Amy has things under control and is working hard to make this game maintain.

Wonder

"Be the change that you want to see"

*imo*
Posting negative comments just drags out everything further at this point. If you want good change to happen, then try to make it happen instead of arguing with people. What's done is done, and trust that Amy has things under control and is working hard to make this game maintain.
You cannot rationally trust amy at this point. After all that has come to light, she clearly is not sound minded. We do want GOOD change to happen and we are TRYING. Why do you think we keep posting? We're advocating for new staff. We are trying to get it changed. Amy knows what she has to do to make everything right. There's just simply no way you can rationally defend her or the current staff.

how is the issue supposed to be resolved if you keep part of the problem on the team? we'll see at the end that kali won't change, and i'm pretty sure of it.
yess[DOUBLEPOST=1430981506][/DOUBLEPOST]
disappointment... i think my heart broke reading this
cant believe amy is upholding her decision to neglect the former staff's and community's opinions and feelings

where did the amy we loved and trusted and respected go?

amy from what has been posted i wouldnt be shocked if you kali and abs had your own skype group talks about kicking out the other staff
way to backstab everyone who worked with you
lisa needs to be fired
abs needs to be fired
you need to stick to coding only
im younger then you and i can see what is right and what is wrong here

Lost

Wow, just wow.
I have actually played a game with over 100,000 active PAYING players, and only 5 or so staff members (except when they get support from other parts of the company e.g. the legal team, engine support they don't have etc). They do the coding of the game, implementing new features, making the game better AND they do WEEKLY polls on what the PLAYERS want added, a livestream EVERY week to listen to players and air concerns and answer questions, they look at the forums + reddit + social media for suggestions on to RUN their game and what new features players want and things they want. The polls that they run affect ALMOST all decisions about the game and must get 75% of the players to support it for it to be changed or added to the game.

I've seen other companies act terribly but I've seen companies who don't just ignore their players for DAYS in a situation like this.

+1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.