My Perspective on Recent Events

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forgot all the staff friends and butt kissers that will probably now be hired as mods and hosts. Favouritism is obviously a problem with a few admins. From what I have heard, when choosing new staff, current staff get asked if they should become staff or not, and their opinions matters.

Doubt anyone who shed a negative opinion to this new regime in recent days will be treated favourably in the process of choosing new staff or by the current staff if they're short listed.

Can't wait!
I despise how many of you guys have considered people siding with Amy, or accepting Kali's apology to be "[kiss-ups]" Just stop lol...let people have their own opinion, a positive outlook towards this situation doesn't make you a [kiss up]. A lot of other players have no intention of becoming a staff members of the game yet have managed to stay fairly positive in relation to moving on. Just like voicing your opinion towards the situation in an outlook which calls for change is okay, voicing it in a positive manner is just as okay too. Don't discourage anyone from saying how they want the game to be run, except for Kevin... just discourage his posts all you want.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
I despise how many of you guys have considered people siding with Amy, or accepting Kali's apology to be [] Just stop lol...let people have their own opinion, a positive outlook towards this situation doesn't make you a []. A lot of other players have no intention of becoming a staff members of the game yet have managed to stay fairly positive in relation to moving on. Just like voicing your opinion towards the situation in an outlook which calls for change is okay, voicing it in a positive manner is just as okay too. Don't discourage anyone from saying how they want the game to be run, except for Kevin... just discourage his posts all you want.
...I'm sorry but there's a big difference between having a positive outlook, and going so far to defend people like Lisa with arguments like "Lisa didn't do that on her Kali account so it doesn't count." Take a scroll through and tell me you can't look me in the eyes and say that there's a handful of members who have suddenly become Lisa and Amy's cleanup crew, defending all of their posts with responses that aren't even logical. They're just TRYING to justify any excuse. And when they can't because they realize it was illogical, they ignore the responses and move on to attack someone else and blame them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
@Oreo Just stop attacking people, keep voicing your opinion and let others do the same.
Who am I attacking? My goal isn't to attack someone ever and when that has appeared to be the case, those posts have been removed. My goal is to bring to light issues that are real and situations certain people are trying to act like never happened. But please, no sarcasm intended, who am I attacking?

Who am I attacking? My goal isn't to attack someone ever and when that has appeared to be the case, those posts have been removed. My goal is to bring to light issues that are real and situations certain people are trying to act like never happened. But please, no sarcasm intended, who am I attacking?
attacking me oreo plz stooop.....jk :P

Lost

I despise how many of you guys have considered people siding with Amy, or accepting Kali's apology to be "[kiss-ups]" Just stop lol...let people have their own opinion, a positive outlook towards this situation doesn't make you a butt kisser. A lot of other players have no intention of becoming a staff members of the game yet have managed to stay fairly positive in relation to moving on. Just like voicing your opinion towards the situation in an outlook which calls for change is okay, voicing it in a positive manner is just as okay too. Don't discourage anyone from saying how they want the game to be run, except for Kevin... just discourage his posts all you want.
Considering that a fair few of the people who have been siding with them are staff friends who enjoy the perks that come along with those friendships, and that other people siding with staff are clearly gunning for those staff positions is why I phrased it like that. Yes there are some who are just having a positive outlook or unaware of the facts but there are some who are blatantly ignoring them for said reasons.

I'm glad people are having a positive outlook, what I am not okay with is people using terrible arguments such as "Amy said these things are okay and it's her game" or "These things happened in the past or not in-game so move on and ignore them" is what annoys me.

P.S. I like how your post acted high and mighty and yet at the end you attacked someone. Ever heard the phrase practise what you preach?

acebatonfan

I'm sorry if someone already said this (I'm only five pages into this mess -should have popped some popcorn):

What disgusts me is that it seems like Amy gave no thought in regards to how this situation can be prevented from reoccurring It's one thing to apologize once; it's unacceptable for it to occur again. From what I have been reading in other threads, it is highly likely a situation similar to this will reoccur unless Amy and the administration team find a way to prevent it.

This event gave MyVMK a huge blow. I'm not 100% confident that the game can survive another blow like this. I wished the MyVMK administration team could take what has occurred as a warning call to get their acts together and prove to us that they can maturely handle conflict, but it doesn't feel that way to me (it feels like everyone's playing the blame game instead of taking some responsibilities for this event).

InaDaze

The Confused One.
@Oreo Just stop attacking people, keep voicing your opinion and let others do the same.
You do realize that if you post your opinion on something that there will very likely be others who will disagree with said opinion? Most of the time these differing opinions are not even disrespectful and present good facts to show why they disagree. It's just the number of people that disagree give this feeling as if it's a mob attacking the opinion of the person when in reality they are not at all.

I can't even count the number of times I've seen this on these forums where someone will post an opinion then feel like they're attacked due to the number of people that resoundingly disagree with them. Throughout these threads of this incident I've seen some people post their unpopular opinions. They need to understand that if they post something where you can clearly see that many are posting opposing opinions then they need to be ready that others will very likely post against their opinions.

To the situation at hand: I've been keeping quiet on these events as I haven't really been playing the last few months but with how many people are against the current situation I just don't know if this is the correct path to go down. It's very hard to come back and see that some people that I thought were some of the best staff and some that were very good friends while I played have now made me feel questionable about them and unsure to trust them at all. The only reason I would usually log in if I did over the past couple months was to talk to my friends. Due to this event my friends that go online have been getting smaller and smaller. I don't think I will ever fully leave because some of my friends are still on but I was hoping to possibly come back on a lot more than I have been and right now I just don't think that will happen.

Eggy

I probably shouldn't say this as everyone is really angry, but I really don't care about what is going on. The personality of staff does not affect my in-game experience. Just play the game, man. I don't see what the huge deal is. But what do I know, I'm just a simple egg.

Last edited:
If you truly believe what Grizzly ran was a circus, then with Abs and Kali running it now, it's a freak show
Love this.

I'm disgusted at the players to be perfectly honest.. You all are not even giving them a chance
...I have no words. But I suppose I really didn't expect anything else considering..

Or you know, they might have just needed a laugh after basically being attacked by more than half the players in this community. I am sure they are trying their hardest behind the scenes to be able to straighten things out. I mean more than half the staff left. That has got to be hard on them. It seems that people forget they have lives outside of this game and can't always be on top of things. They need some time to mend this. At least give them a chance.[DOUBLEPOST=1431047760][/DOUBLEPOST]

You have to realize that people can have a change in heart. Does nobody understand the meaning of forgiveness anymore?

When you manage something, you do it professionally. You do not make little jokes for laughs mocking the players.

...Well, let me take a quote from my president of the university that I go to.. At my graduation today, he said this about integrity as it is the theme of the school this year: "Integrity is like a mirror, once it has been broken it is impossible to repair nor can it ever be regained."
That is all I have to say about understanding the meaning of forgiveness. There are some things you just cannot forgive.

Maybe it was not the wrong members that left. It seems like the staff are a lot happier according to this post..
hahahahahaha That is only because they don't have moral people telling them what they are doing is unjust to the community as a whole.

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
Sad thing many that knew Kali on her player account know this was not a one off thing. It will come out. I saw an apology of a player owning all he did on another site. Now that is how you make an apology. Sincere, did not blame anyone else, did not say because of this or that. That player I would trust if I had issues to talk to. I actually gained more respect not less because that took great courage.

Last edited:
Don't ignore the problem, it never just goes away.
This^ The only way to get a problem to go away is to fix it.

Just so everyone knows, I did go ahead and apply for staff/mod like I said I would. I highly doubt I will be picked since I've been so outspoken in my opinions during all this drama. We do need a few staff with integrity, so here's hoping that some get picked.

Status
Not open for further replies.