MyVMK Times Holiday Memories Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

First of all, the MyVMK Times Staff would like to say that we hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season.
In order to remind everybody of the happiness that this time of year can bring,
we are asking you to share your personal memories with us!

Do you have a holiday memory that you would like to share?
We would absolutely love to hear it!

All post numbers will be put into a random number generator on the ending date,
the three
generated numbers are winners of the MyVMK Times Holiday Memories Contest.
Best of luck to all participants! We look forward to hearing your experiences.

Begins: December 12th, 2013
Ends: January 1st, 2014

Please have your entries in by 11:59pm on December 31st, 2013.
Any posts after 11:59pm will not be eligible for the holiday prizes below.

1st Place Prize:

1x Flaming Ransacked Window

&
a 5,000 credit spree

2nd Place Prize:

3x Silver Keys
&
a
2,500 credit spree

3rd Place Prize:

3x Crate #1 Items
&
a 1,250 credit spree

Happy Holidays, MyVMK!

Well one memory I have is when my whole family went to Disneyland for New Year's eve and it was so much fun :) We were given hats and party favors and we ate dinner one of the restaurants there and we sat outside and watched the fireworks :) It was a magical night ^.^

Well one memory i had was very kinda depressing but at the sametime its kind of a heartfelt one.

You see my family used to be super poor, like we were even glad that my mom could even cook for us and such. So one year when i was super young but old enough to remember everything she said that we couldnt do christmas this year. ( Keep in mind I didn't believe in santa,lol. My parents dropped that bomb on me as soon as i was out of the womb.) So like i was super depressed like I couldn't even cry anymore after a while cause it felt like i couldnt cry anymore tears, as if my eyes had totally been drained of them. So anyways, when the day of christmas came my mother had a wonderful idea. She said instead of giving eachother presents, we could just shar family stories and give hugs and such. Now me, being the spoiled brat was really not impressed with this idea. (Lol, now looking back i was super spoiled >.< im ashamed of it now.) But when we started I really really enjoyed it! With a family of 8 people the stories you hear are pretty hilarious. Like for instance, my older sister told us about the time when she got lost in disney (LOL) she told us how freaked out she was. And she was also terrified of costumes so seeing mickey or any other disney character but that's another story. So anyways I guess this has had to be my favourite holiday memory. Oh, and were no longer in poverty xD we own quite a wealthy buisness now and are super financially stable. Its crazy how we completely changed our lives in such a short matter of time. I know this story is kidna boring, but it's super dear to my heart. :)

S

Solar

The Christmas after the game cube came out, I found a stash of Christmas presents from my parents. Being the sneaky brat I am, I carefully unboxed my new gamecube and played it while my parents were at work then put it back afterwards. They never noticed.

*evil laugh*

supernovagirl

One year, I went up to Boston for my family's Chrismukkah celebration thing and all I can remember is getting snowed in and losing power but just spending a bunch of time with my family playing games and such :)

iTony

Ohana means family.
One memory I have is that when I was I kid, my family was driving home from my family's christmas party. It was late at night and my siblings and I began to fall asleep. Before I went to sleep, and I looked out the window of the car. I noticed a red light going on and off in the sky, but didn't see any white light around it. I smiled believing it was Rudolph.

Tohrukun

I got quite the gift on Christmas when I was 15...

GIRLS ONLY (because you boys probably don't wanna know anyway):
I was visited by the "red devil" if u know what I mean!

But in all seriousness, all of my grandparents have passed away (except for one "grandfather" figure in my life but my family and I aren't as close with him as we used to-rather not get into why). so the best memories of all would be the christmases i've spent with them before they all passed. we kinda switched back and forth between spending it with family from my dad's side or my mom's side over the years. my grandmother on my dad's side would cook delicious italian dinners and desserts on holidays, and i would enjoy helping her with my younger brother! my grandmother on my mom's side was sick since i was 3 or 4 but for a few years she would be brought out of her assisted living or nursing home that she lived in at the time for the day, and keeping her company, talking to her, etc. was such a joy.

My favorite holiday memory was when my family got snowed in, so we weren't able to visit family, but instead of being mopey and upset we were able to play Rockband all day as it was one of the surprise presents my parents had got for the family. I loved how we were able to make a fun time out of a sad situation :)

StephaniePea

Tru Pea, Real Pea.
New years 2010, I remember my head being in the toilet and I was sick as a dog when I heard the fireworks and thinking, "welp. this year is probly gonna suck." lol. and then a good one would be last christmas, I was going to school out of state so when I got home everyone had made big signs and it was the best welcome home ever <3

Bindingkey

Best memory because i laugh at myself:

So my family and I went to this church thing Christmas Eve. At the time I didn't really question it, I was like 4 or 5, but my uncle decided he didn't want to go so we left without him. On our way back home my parents were like freaking out and I was so confused. They said "Joey! Joey! It's Santa!" I was like "whatever" but I looked and saw Santa in the front window next to the Christmas tree and like immediately I ducked under the window because literally my mentality was "NO! YOU CAN'T SEE SANTA HE WON'T GIVE ME PRESENTS!" My parents got out of the car in order to take pictures and my mom kept trying to get me to come out but like I refused to because I wanted my freaking presents.

Later my parents told me it was my uncle who decided to stay behind, but I laugh because at the time I was so concerned about not getting my presents lol

milklady

original vmk player
Favorite Christmas time memory, my daughter wanted a tickle me elmo but they were all out in the stores, so we put a note under the tree from santa to her saying that he would have the elves made her a special one and would put it by the fireplace. About 3 weeks later, we finally got one, we put it by the fireplace and when she woke up that saturday morning, she was super excited... We wrote another note from santa saying that you so much for being patient and a good little girl, she was so excited she took the note to school, everyone was amazed at the note from santa, one little kid said .."yep this is his signature, it's real" lol

tarte

I don't have a "wow" or sentimental Christmas story like everyone else, sadly.
in Taiwan we don't really celebrate Christmas. It's kind of used as a valentines day and marketing scheme lol

but--- 3 years ago I spent my Christmas in Germany, which was very beautiful to say the least. It was my first time seeing and playing in snow. I had a "white" Christmas :)

Wow I lack sentiment

iamabigdisfan

Best memory was seeing Christmas time at WDW through the eyes of my niece when she was a toddler. The joy on her face brought tears to my eyes. The smile on her face is something I will never forget. How she danced on Main Street while the snow was falling and Christmas music playing. Her face was all aglow while watching the Christmas parade. Yes, this in one memory I will never forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.