Natural Disasters

Which natural disasters have you been in or experienced?

• Total voters

Klamath

wants to go to france
California earthquakes, all day, every day (seriously, they occur everyday--you just don't feel all of them). I'm kind of getting used to the fact that there could be the BIG ONE that'll wreak havoc here. :stare:

There are some tiny tornadoes and the very rare hurricanes, but they usually don't cause problems (category 1/EF1 stuff)! Floods are pretty bad in my area, though. Yay for muddy landslides! alot

Last edited:
Hurricanes, floods, and minor tornadoes is pretty common where I'm at. Florida (least the part where I'm at) creates a bad habit of being a sunshine state, then pouring down rain out of no where.

Hahah, I noticed that when I went to Florida a few years ago. We went to the beach, & it was pouring down rain on one side, and sunny on the other o.O

---

The Philippines floods a lot, & small earthquakes occur every other week. You get used to it eventually :P

Last edited:

iMax

RCT3 & Disney Freak
I've been through 3 hurricanes, all in 2005 (Katrina, Rita & Wilma) and then one tropical storm in 2008 (Fay).

And a few blizzards when I was living in New Jersey.

iamabigdisfan

Been through a few hurricanes. The worse I've seen was Hurricane Sandy. I was fortunate and lost nothing, not even electricity. But some of my friends about 2 miles away lost their homes. Till this day they all are trying to rebuild.

Let's see..

Tornadoes- there have been a couple 1/4 mile from my house. once drove under a funnel cloud, and once saw a funnel cloud through a window while during a tornado warning at school.

Earthquakes- lived in Cali around the time of the North Ridge earthquake (I slept through it). there have been a few we could feel in GA too.

Flood- Fall 2009. we lived on top of a hill so we were essentially cut off from the rest of the world.

Hurricanes/Tropical Storms- I lived outside of Birmingham, AL during Hurricane Opal. Was on a trip to WDW when Katrina came into the gulf, and got hit by the feeder bands. Since I currently live in GA we occasionally get what's left of tropical storms.

Blizzard/Ice storms- I live in GA let's not even talk about this past winter.

Sophia

I'm born and raised in Cali so obviously I've been in plenty of earthquakes;
HOWEVER, my unlucky family and I were sadly in New Orleans at the time of Hurricane Katrina.
I like to believe we're the only people in Cali right now that can say that ^

Praying for everyone affected by this week's tornadoes.

----------

California earthquakes, all day, every day (seriously, they occur everyday--you just don't feel all of them). I'm kind of getting used to the fact that there could be the BIG ONE that'll wreak havoc here. :stare:

There are some tiny tornadoes and the very rare hurricanes, but they usually don't cause problems (category 1/EF1 stuff)! Floods are pretty bad in my area, though. Yay for muddy landslides! alot
I think the big one is coming for reals this time because the radio station I work at is now suppose to air mandatory earthquake preparedness commercials or else we get fined! It's insane. The government knows something o.o lol jk.

MagicFireball

Juice, or Mineral Water?
I've experienced an earthquake before, a minor one though, but I am pretty worried about the stronger earthquake that is going to occur on the San Andreas fault.

Otters

Spring stresses me out bc tornado warnings and stuff and bad storms
the house i live in now flooded really badly in like 2002-2007 i have no idea tbh
and once we had a few really tiny earthquakes it was pretty irrelevant

I haven't been through many large disasters, but I was recently in the floods that happened in Boulder, CO. We spent the first three days trapped inside, the next 2 in a shelter, and the next week in and out because we had to do house clean up. It was... scary.

Killjoy

#1 on sta ff target list
Like 3 hurricanes, but none too bad thank God, I was in that earthquake that shook the east coast a few years ago too. I didn't really feel it though.

supernovagirl

I live in Florida lol so yeah I guess
Some tropical storm flooded my house and forced my parents to move when I was 2 but I don't remember it or remember the name
Hurricanes Francis and Jeanne basically made landfall in my town and we also were hit by tropical storm Fay and Hurricane Wilma [emoji27]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
Let's not forget the Power outage of 2003. No it was not of nature. But in a sense it was. See we had absolutely no electricity. If we do not conserve now it can happening again.

Nothing worked. Only rotary phones.

Dempsey

who want lasanga?!
i have been through many tornado warnings, but none that have actually damaged houses near me

Georgia weather isn't super excited.. We had a snowstorm and an earthquake at the same time. Ohhh mannn

garfield_boy

a 4.2 earthquake when i was living in Reno. Of course several tornadoes and my dream is to die in one. Plz don't comment or reply. I have weird dreams lol

Snowed in once
It was actually kinda fun
When we were able to get outside, we had to trek all the way down the street to the nearest CVS.. And the snow was like 3-4 ft tall.

And then.. Hurricanes..