New planet found! Petition to name gallifrey!

PirateStewy

Resident Pirate
DW! New Planet Found! Petition to Name Gallifrey

ATTENTION ALL DOCTOR WHO FANS AND ASTRONOMY ENTHUSIASTS!
A newly formed planet 11 times the size of Jupiter has been found in a distant solar system. The current name is "HD 106906 b". It has an abnormal size and temperature for its distance from its host star, leaving scientist baffled and unable to explain its existence.

In honor of Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary this year, and given astronomists' labeling of the planet as "mysterious", there is a petition to NAME THE PLANET "GALLIFREY", the home planet of the Doctor and the ancient race of the Time Lords.

There are still 89,100 signatures needed. We need YOUR HELP!
Sign the petition and share this EVERYWHERE possible! Facebook statuses, Facebook pages, Twitter, personal websites, ANYWHERE where we can get more signatures and make this happen!

Here is how sharing this impacts the number of signatures:

>>>>>SIGN THE PETITION<<<<<

#GallifreyFound

can you imagine tho
in like 200 years
'daddy, why's it called Gallifrey?'
'bc some american girls on the internet made a petition to name it that rather than something with any real import, just so they could celebrate 50 years of a poorly written british children's show. and of course, when 100000 people sign an online petition, that makes it law'

PirateStewy

Resident Pirate
Well, currently this is the only petition and effort to name it. It either gets the name Gallifrey, or it's staying "HD 106906"
So it's either going to have a planet name, or what seems to be an extremely High Definition (HD) quality number.

Graham

オミッド
why cant you just name it something from a greek god like some of the other planets instead of a cheesy tv show

philitup

The Internet Champion!
Well, currently this is the only petition and effort to name it. It either gets the name Gallifrey, or it's staying "HD 106906"
So it's either going to have a planet name, or what seems to be an extremely High Definition (HD) quality number.
Much rather have it called Gallifrey. I don't understand why only planets around our sun are able to have names which we can read.

why cant you just name it something from a greek god like some of the other planets instead of a cheesy tv show
exactly
like i really think that naming it after a fictional planet from a BBC show really doesn't do it justice.
i mean, its 11 times bigger than jupiter
that is huge
that is bigger than Earth
and thats especially bigger than any fandom
gIVE IT A NAME THAT ACTUALLY MEANS SOMETHING TO IT. A NAME THAT GIVES IT JUSTICE. LIKE DO YOU PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND JUST HOW HUGE THIS IS THEY HAVE FOUND AN ENTIRELY NEW PLANET WITH LIKE AN ENTIRELY NEW SYSTEM OF STARS AROUND IT LIKE THIS IS BIGGER THAN YOU OR EARTH YOU ARE SO INSIGNIFICANT WE ARE ALL INSIGNIFICANT DONT NAME IT AFTER DR WHO FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
im so mad rn

exactly
like i really think that naming it after a fictional planet from a BBC show really doesn't do it justice.
that is huge
gIVE IT A NAME THAT ACTUALLY MEANS SOMETHING TO IT. A NAME THAT GIVES IT JUSTICE. LIKE DO YOU PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND JUST HOW HUGE THIS IS THEY HAVE FOUND AN ENTIRELY NEW PLANET WITH LIKE AN ENTIRELY NEW SYSTEM OF STARS AROUND IT LIKE THIS IS BIGGER THAN YOU OR EARTH YOU ARE SO INSIGNIFICANT WE ARE ALL INSIGNIFICANT DONT NAME IT AFTER DR WHO FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
im so mad rn

Ironically, it is comparable in size with that of the fictional planet of Gallifrey. So on that level the name fits. :D

Graham

オミッド
exactly
that is huge
im so mad rn
me 2
like name it after something powerful
like erebos
god of darkness and shadow
because it hasnt been there