October Costume Schedule

October was always my favorite month in VMK, I loved the decorations and music and furniture, and especially the costumes! With October getting closer and closer every day, I can't help but wonder how MyVMK will handle the distribution of hats and costumes. I came up with a schedule that I think could work.

Costumes
Oct. 1-5 Princess Dress Pink, Haunted Mansion Suit Black, Cowboy Outfit Brown, Explorer Outfit Green
6-10 Space Suit Green, Native American Outfit, Superhero Suit Purple
11-15 Space Suit Red, Princess Dress Yellow, Haunted Mansion Suit Brown
16-20 Superhero Suit Green, Cowboy Outfit Red, Tron Suit Blue
21-25 Explorer Outfit Yellow, Space Suit Gold, Superhero Suit Pink
26-30 Princess Dress Blue, Haunted Mansion Suit Gray, Cowboy Outfit Black, Tron Suit Red
31-Nov. 1 Witch, Vampire, and Pirate costumes

Hats
Oct. 5-6 Maleficent Hat, King's Crown
12-13 Jester Hat, Sorcerer Mickey Hat
19-20 Mad Hatter Hat, King's Crown
26-27 Musketeer Hat, Sorcerer Mickey Hat
31-Nov. 1 Maleficent, Jester, Mad Hatter, Musketeer

Obviously things could be changed around if need be. I just wanted to make this because I know that the staff probably have their hands full with more important things, but a lot of people really look forward to the October costumes being sold. Maybe this schedule could help them a bit? :)

And in calendar form, just for fun-

Edit- A revised schedule

Oct. 1-5 Princess Dress Yellow, Cowboy Outfit Black
6-10 Pirate Costumes, Native American Outfit
16-20 Superhero Suit Green, Superhero Suit Purple
26-30 Princess Dress Blue, Haunted Mansion Suit Gray
31-Nov. 1 Witch, Vampire

Oct. 5-6 Maleficent Hat, King's Crown
12-13 Jester Hat, Sorcerer Mickey Hat
19-20 Mad Hatter Hat, King's Crown
26-27 Jafar Hat, Sorcerer Mickey Hat
31- Nov. 1 Bat Mickey Ears

*Costumes that could be easily released at another time (Tron, Space Suit, and Explorer) have been dropped
*Colorations that can be released at another time have been dropped (Pink princess and Black mansion- Valentine's, for example)
*Two of the middle five day sets have been dropped, so people have more down time to focus on other things.
*Hats are changed a bit
*Could work with a Fri-Tues schedule versus my sporadic schedule (though I feel my schedule would add an element of surprise, since it's not as predictable as new costumes being released every Friday)

I Like this.

Thanks everyone! Also I figured that since MVMK wouldn't have been open very long before the first set of costumes were released, they would be somewhat cheaper than the later sets, since people may not have had enough time to get enough credits for them. I think the same goes for the last set released, the one on Halloween and Nov. 1, since they last the shortest amount of time.

However, I don't think that the costumes should be cheap enough that everyone can buy every costume and standalone hat. I think it would be best for the economy if these were all somewhat pricey. People can save up their credits for their favorite colorations, and later on they will pretty valuable and desirable since not everyone has every single version.

I'd also like it if each costume set was in a different store's specials, like in VMK. ex- Princess in Small World's, Cowboy in Golden Horseshoe, Mansion in Emporium, Space suit in Star Trader's, and Explorer in Ned's. However, I can see this being an issue because then people would be crowding those rooms making the servers unstable and impossible for other people to get in. So unless there were measures taken to avoid those problems, maybe they should all just be able to be bought anywhere.

Mason

In the past, it was always fun to see what would be released each Friday for the weekend special and October was always a time to look forward to new costumes and re-releases, aside from the release of items and costumes for themed months. I think you have a great idea, but it seems like a lot to be releasing in just a month and think it would be better not to release nearly all the costumes in this time frame.

In the past, it was always fun to see what would be released each Friday for the weekend special and October was always a time to look forward to new costumes and re-releases, aside from the release of items and costumes for themed months. I think you have a great idea, but it seems like a lot to be releasing in just a month and think it would be better not to release nearly all the costumes in this time frame.
I do agree, I felt that it was a lot of costumes especially since it would be so close to the start of the game. Like I said, if the staff were to use a similar schedule, changes would be made, most likely being removing/swapping some costumes and hats. I just wanted to be able to get out the most popular and desirable costumes. Tron and Space Suit could easily be dropped and released on a different occasion. Maybe the Explorer Suit could become standard clothes that can be bought in stores year-round.

The main ones I really hope get released are the princess dresses, mansion suits, cowboy outfits, and superhero suits. The rest I would be fine with not seeing, though of course it would be nice.

If the creators do create a schedule, I'd prefer for them not to tell us. I think it would be interesting to see what's available every week, rather than saving your money for one particular thing.

Geggy

I, for one, don't want to spend every waking hour on MyVMK just to earn credits to buy all of your proposed releases. In another thread, we talked about saturation being a major drain...and a reason why a lot of people probably felt like everything was too expensive.

I wouldn't mind just a couple releases each week, at their old VMK prices. That way, we have releases to look forward to in the future. However, if there are a ton of releases as you suggest, then I still don't want the prices to be any different than VMK prices...

Cat

I just worry about being capable of making enough credits to buy all the wanted items by that time.
Will fireworks or any other minigames be out by then?
Or NPCs?

If the creators do create a schedule, I'd prefer for them not to tell us. I think it would be interesting to see what's available every week, rather than saving your money for one particular thing.
I didn't think about it at first, but I suppose the schedule wouldn't have to be available to us players, it could just be for the staff to help them be organized. :)

I, for one, don't want to spend every waking hour on MyVMK just to earn credits to buy all of your proposed releases. In another thread, we talked about saturation being a major drain...and a reason why a lot of people probably felt like everything was too expensive.

I wouldn't mind just a couple releases each week, at their old VMK prices. That way, we have releases to look forward to in the future. However, if there are a ton of releases as you suggest, then I still don't want the prices to be any different than VMK prices...
As I've said, changes would obviously be made if staff were to use a similar schedule. The costumes listed are ones that were either released during October in VMK or would be fitting as a VMK Halloween costume (as opposed to Herbie or HSM outfits)

I made this because I know the staff have a lot on their plates, and figuring out costume releases for October probably isn't high on their priority list. Maybe this schedule could make it easier for them, since there are plenty of costumes and hats to choose from with clear set dates.

I love the planning and organization you did but I think I'd rather just see a few of the full costumes come out each friday like they use to on VMK. There are always other months and occasions to release more hats and stuff. Look at the long term picture as well. Not every costume and decoration would have to be released this Halloween. What will we do next year? I want to be able to buy some bat magic too! Those were 10K a pin! With that and all the costumes I had a hard enough time my first halloween in 2006 buying everything.