Opinions on the "Gold Star"

Do you like the new Gold Star Reward Pin?

• No

Votes: 40 51.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 37 48.1%

• Total voters

Kaeliah

Previously Tessa
Gold Star Reward Pin -- Your Thoughts!

Post your comments here (think before you speak) and make sure to vote in the poll! I want to know everyone's opinions on the new addition of the "Gold Star" pin.

What is this "Gold Star"?

This reward pin is given to players who are found to be doing good deeds in-game.

What are your thoughts on this recent update?

Personally, I believe this new Reward Pin is only going to make matters worse. People will act fake and kiss butt to staff. There's nothing better than seeing users hosting 50 giveaways for the chance of getting a Gold Star pin! Not to mention that it'll be hard to tell people's true personalities. There will most likely be a lot of back-seat mods, especially if someone gets a Gold Star. There's no doubt some people will start acting like they're "higher authority" because they were rewarded with a Gold Star.

However, I'm not saying that everyone is going to be this way if they are given a pin. We are lucky to have some amazingly generous and kind people in this community. Kudos to you all!

It's a really dumb idea. You can't award everyone for doing good deeds, only the users that stand out. You'll have some people claiming it's a huge favoritism contest (which, in foresight, it might end up being), and then you'll have the people who try to go out of their way to be obnoxiously nice just to be noticed, and then of course you'll just have the people who probably deserve it but won't get it because they don't do anything to draw attention to themselves.

edit: i accidentally voted yes, so ignore one vote from that.

WHO

I think it's favoritism tbh. There are plenty of good deeds all over the game. It shouldn't randomly awarded. People should submit names of people they see doing good, with the story etc. And it should be rewarded monthly.

Exodus

We all know TRUE good deeds go unnoticed, because they don't get flaunt. Also, this is a form of favoritism and based on being subjective as every staff judges differently.
I'm firm on my words.

I think this system was poorly thought out. I would seriously like this new feature be rethought before more of these gold stars get released. I think they should be revoked from the few people who have already received them. All they did was report a serious glitch that some others took advantage of... that is something you're naturally supposed to do out of your own good intentions? How was this exceptional? We might as well go back and reward all the reporters of the stitch hat glitch who didn't take part in abusing it (which the high amount of money bags by some users prove)? This is an unfair system and I'm not sure whether it's only Amy whose able to pass out this reward, but if it is, wow more work on ya to closely examine every individual player and their good deeds. I'd rather prefer players get public recognition through text statements on the newsletters like players of the week or whatnot...

Ranch

My thoughts on Sharks' thread:

I LOVE the gold star pin. To me, it was an extension of the CL program.. not everyone could be (or wanted to be) a CL.. but EVERYONE could earn a star, just for putting in overtime at being nice.. kinda like how we do when we're in the real parks. Seeing the pin arrive tells us that staff sees how we all are with each other, and if they can do anything to entice us to be decent, that is a great way. Good luck, I hope we ALL get noticed for going above and beyond.. for each other.
Also, I like this WAY BETTER than the CL program. The CL program segregated the community more than anything else in VMK history.

Jasmine

I think it's favoritism tbh. There are plenty of good deeds all over the game. It shouldn't randomly awarded. People should submit names of people they see doing good, with the story etc. And it should be rewarded monthly.
We all know TRUE good deeds go unnoticed, because they don't get flaunt. Also, this is a form of favoritism and based on being subjective as every staff judges differently.
I'm firm on my words.

I think this system was poorly thought out. I would seriously like this new feature be rethought before more of these gold stars get released. I think they should be revoked from the few people who have already received them. All they did was report a serious glitch that some others took advantage of... that is something you're naturally supposed to do out of your own good intentions? How was this exceptional? We might as well go back and reward all the reporters of the stitch hat glitch who didn't take part in abusing it (which the high amount of money bags by some users prove)? This is an unfair system and I'm not sure whether it's only Amy whose able to pass out this reward, but if it is, wow more work on ya to closely examine every individual player and their good deeds. I'd rather prefer players get public recognition through text statements on the newsletters like players of the week or whatnot...
Agreed. Honestly, it's a terrible idea and it's only going to cause favoritism and more of a split in the community. The last thing we need is something that makes some players feel like they're better than others.

Also, that newsletter idea is a good one... I'd prefer that as well.

kira

I don't think they should have advertised they were doing this. I think they should have been doing this, kind of, undercover. It's obvious when users are sincere and it's equally as obvious when they aren't! Staff should just spend some "ghost" time in some trade rooms or browse the forums a little! I'm not even quite sure how they're finding the people to give the pins out to.

I think it's a good idea, just poorly thought out.

Klamath

wants to go to france
I think the "Gold Star" idea was good, but the execution seemed off... I mean, if people are getting stars just for reporting a bug, then pretty much anyone can get a star with minimal effort. I think a nomination/searching system would have been better for this, like a "player of the month" sort of thing. People can submit names of people they find exceptional in the community, or staff can pick out a person who they think have contributed to the community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am indifferent towards them, but I think they should just go to those who go above and beyond the call of duty in the game. It's just a pin, nothing else and people shouldn't really get so worked up about it.

Bug

i don't really think its a big deal. Yeah people might act different in order to get something but it might also help the staff to find problems that they didn't know were there. There are only so many staff for many of us. This could take some of the burden off of them. Yeah some people will act fake but thats their problem. Don't worry about what they are doing, worry about what you are doing!

Just my opinion

Are you really serious?? This type of action only makes things worse instead of better, I think. People will be nice only for so long. Maybe people should start up a social club that meets on a regular basis in a regular place and get to know others instead of being so competitive that it takes the enjoyment out of the Game.

supernovagirl

Ya'll are so obsessed with favoritism. Did it ever occur to you it happened on the original game too?

Even though people might start sucking up, look at the other side of it. Sure, there may be some useless reports but this could cause more inappropriate and inexcusable behavior to be reported.

Jackie

Ambitious, Opinionated, and Loveable.
I honestly think people are criticizing this Gold Star pin reward way too much. I have heard nothing but bad things about people who reported something that they knew was wrong and actually did something about it. Why is everyone bashing them about getting rewarded for it? I'd like to know how many of you guys did the same thing, or would've done the same thing if you were in such position. It's not a form of favoritism. It's a form of rewarding someone for something for doing something that is BENEFICIAL FOR THE WHOLE COMMUNITY. It's not a gloating right. I think it's so ridiculous how the community is reacting to this virtual pin that signifies a job well done.

Kudos to those who already earned it.

I'm so disappointed in how people are making such a big deal of something so minor. It clearly shows that none of you deserve a gold star, because you can't even be happy for someone who does.

My thoughts on Sharks' thread:

I LOVE the gold star pin. To me, it was an extension of the CL program.. not everyone could be (or wanted to be) a CL.. but EVERYONE could earn a star, just for putting in overtime at being nice.. kinda like how we do when we're in the real parks. Seeing the pin arrive tells us that staff sees how we all are with each other, and if they can do anything to entice us to be decent, that is a great way. Good luck, I hope we ALL get noticed for going above and beyond.. for each other.
Also, I like this WAY BETTER than the CL program. The CL program segregated the community more than anything else in VMK history.
Ranch and I may disagree on somethings, but I have to agree with his statement here. If I do something that might be considered above and beyond and it goes unnoticed, I'm not going to be upset that I didn't earn the pin. In the end, the true reward is helping the individual or the community.

i don't get why everyone is getting all upset over a pin
if you are seen doing something good you're rewarded with it
if you do something good but no one sees it then you're not rewarded
if you do nothing you're not rewarded
idc if it makes everyone fake, it's just a pin and at least people will be nicer lol

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
I enjoy the idea personally, I think it's an excellent addition to the game...

However, I do see both sides of the coin. My only hope is that it plays out on the more positive end where everyone that does their part is acknowledged and awarded accordingly. But realistically, not everyone that does a good deed will be acknowledged, it will probably just be those that doing it obviously in the public eye.

I hope the way staff will go about employing this system will be to go from guest room to guest room and public room to public room on invisible mode so they aren't seen, to see the scenes play out before them and anyone befitting a star will get one.

Either way, there's always a positive and negative side to everything; regardless I personally think it's a good addition :twist:.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
It's all about who the staff likes more. I didn't come here to make anyone mad but it doesn't make any sense why these sort of things happen.