Private information - show some respect guys

So I just saw something off the twitter with someone going to share the old VMK staffs current rl facebook pages. You really might want to let those people give out their own information and keep their privacy.

Imagine if it was you, do you want people randomly giving out your info?

aceastrofan

The one and only...
That's kinda rude of them to share the info. I know how they want people interested, but that's a little far.

Geggy

Lisawdw said:
So I just saw something off the twitter with someone going to share the old VMK staffs current rl facebook pages. You really might want to let those people give out their own information and keep their privacy.

Imagine if it was you, do you want people randomly giving out your info?
I second this sentiment!!!!!!! (emphatically) :geek:

Shrimp

Well what can you say? Some just love being the teacher's pet.

And it's not "just facebook", the staffs will get curious about who else the person is releasing their facebooks to, it's a matter of privacy.

laffinglessons said:
its facebook.. i think friend requests can be denied
If you can deny a friends request or not is not the point. The point is the sharing of others private information without their permission.

Lisawdw said:
laffinglessons said:
If you can deny a friends request or not is not the point. The point is the sharing of others private information without their permission.
then why have a facebook.. facebook is open to the public i dont really understand what private information are they actually sharing? you have the option to set your facebook to private to keep information you don't want other's to share/see.. private

laffinglessons said:
Lisawdw said:
laffinglessons said:
then why have a facebook.. facebook is open to the public i dont really understand what private information are they actually sharing? you have the option to set your facebook to private to keep information you don't want other's to share.. private

It is not their VMK staff page, it is their real life names and information that is being shared, and told who they were on VMK as staff. Hopefully you can understand the difference.

Shrimp

laffinglessons said:
Lisawdw said:
laffinglessons said:
then why have a facebook.. facebook is open to the public i dont really understand what private information are they actually sharing? you have the option to set your facebook to private to keep information you don't want other's to share.. private
It's beyond that... the hosts & staffs from VMK never wanted personal connections with players. The guy who has a list of their facebooks is obviously a stalker and has been collecting the information (if he was close, he would've respected their privacy). Who knows if he has released it to further people or displayed it up on a website to let all the VMK players know who, let's say HOST_Lily was. It's just rude. If they personally wanted you all to know they were HOST_Lily, then they would give you their facebook. It's called exploiting people.

Lisawdw said:
It is not their VMK staff page, it is their real life names and information that is being shared, and told who they were on VMK as staff. Hopefully you can understand the difference.
i am well aware that it is their "real life" facebook page. VMK staff are not a list celebrities. they are normal everyday people. i don't see a difference whether somebody shared their or my own information. if you don't want certain information to be visible to the public, hide it using the privacy settings. better yet, don't create a facebook?? i don't know. unless somebody actually began stalking me.. then i would be worried. otherwise, i don't really see an issue. however, to each his own. sorry maybe i am missing something?

I'd like to apologize for this, while several on the list have public Facebooks, with photo albums, others do not. The doc has been deleted regardless. I am deeply sorry. Rest assured, I know the 2 people who could see (It's not been posted publicly, and won't be, nor was it ever going to be) it won't share it if they copied anything on it, which I don't think they did. I feel the need to admit my actions were wrong and I feel terrible about it.

Dude, and Dudet that going way to far leave that person alone if they wanted to share it with you they would of done so, and for me I'm no ashamed if they wanted my information. Also with everyone we need to push that aside, and like move on with better things! :)

Just to clear things up, since a couple of people seem to be confused. We are talking about original VMK staff members (former employees of Sulake) being outed without their consent. We are NOT talking about former OVMK staff.

laffinglessons said:
Lisawdw said:
i am well aware that it is their "real life" facebook page. VMK staff are not a list celebrities. they are normal everyday people. i don't see a difference whether somebody shared their or my own information. if you don't want certain information to be visible to the public, hide it using the privacy settings. better yet, don't create a facebook?? i don't know. unless somebody actually began stalking me.. then i would be worried. otherwise, i don't really see an issue. however, to each his own. sorry maybe i am missing something?
I could use an analogy that one of my college professors uses~
The way I see it is that people's personal information is available in a phone book - name, phone, address. Then imagine someone taking that information and blowing it up saying "THEY'RE HERE." For malicious intent. I'm okay with my information being in the phone book, but when someone starts misusing that information, that's when there's a problem.