Quest Feedback

C

Celluloid

unfortunately jungle cruise has not worked for me for about 2 months now. Everything is updated and my computer works fine but when I play JC all of the animals pop up at once or none pop up at all in certain rooms. It made it impossible to get enough points for this quest. I dont know why it isnt working for me :(
I believe the general advice is to use Shockwave 11.

Zak

Earth Day Quest Feedback

Thank you for bringing quests back to the kingdom. Quests have always been a favorite of mine well into my days of original VMK. I am very happy to have them back here. Today's quest was a surprise and a rather enjoyable experience that I hope to repeat in the coming weeks. Overall I thought staff did a terrific job with this quest. Often it can be challenging tuning the difficulty of a quest that the entire game population will ultimately play but for a first ever introduction I felt this quest was well written and strong.

The trivia was informative, on point, and relevant. I did not feel any of it was out of place nor did I feel any of it disrupted the flow of the quest. I also feel there was just the right balance between trivia and other filler tasks to ensure it wouldn't become too tedious should I get a question wrong and have to repeat some steps.

Jungle Cruise I feel is a necessary evil. I think it added the challenge element as well as rounded out the quest. The score was not too difficult but did require more than one round. I also feel it was on point for theme, its a game about exploring the world taking pictures. It is a perfect fit for Earth Day. I can understand that the score needed might be more difficult for some to hit maybe in the future that can be re-explored and retuned if needed but for a first quest I think it was a good starting point for testing the waters.

I found a lot of the filler tasks to be transitional, they were good at keeping the flow and did not seem too out of place. I think they are needed to break up more tedious difficult parts of the quest so I think the use of them sparingly worked well for this quest. The classic thumbs up and smile are staples to VMK quests so for me they had a very nostalgic feel and I was pleased to end the quest with the classic Mickey Mouse smile.

The prize is a home run. Thank you so much for Green Mickey ears. I loved them in VMK, loved seeing them here, love owning them here even more. The credits are also nice but unnecessary, I would have been happy enough with the ears, the credits are icing on the cake.

Things I would do differently? That is such a subjective way to look at quests because for me quests tell a story. Not every quest needs to include all elements available. Finding atoms or gems can be fun and can fit certain themes but for this one I think it had everything I would expect an Earth Day quest to have. I think looking for ways to improve in the future is something everyone thinks about once they finish a project, but as far as I can tell this quest is solid, has a nice rhythm and pace. I would not expect every quest to take me three hours nor would I expect it to take me two minutes. People start and finish quests in different lengths of time. Its hard to say if the entire population felt this quest was long or short, it would really depend on how good they are at Jungle Cruise, trivia and typing. I think the quest for today was perfect.

Very enjoyable quest, thanks again staff.

Happy Earth Day!

Last edited:
I forgot how enjoyable quests were! Took me roughly 5-10 minutes, but it felt like a nostalgia trip big time! I'm definitely looking forward to new quests as the month goes by. :yay:

Ms_Special

I thought the quest was fun! Easy, but fun. I would have liked the JC score to be 35k instead of 25k so it would be to cut down on amount of green ears in game, but I'm not sure that was the staff's goal anyway.

For future quests, I would love to see much harder questions and clues. I like the challenge. Higher mini game required scores too. :)

aliceblue

Those of us who did the quest earlier in the day are lucky. I am hearing from players trying to do it now, who cannot complete it because of the lag. This messes up the animal popups in Jungle Cruise pretty badly. There are frequent disconnects happening during JC, as well as during the general game. Logging in after a dc sets them back in the quest tasks.

Lindsay

I thoroughly enjoyed this quest. It wasn't full of hard trivia or just going places and saying stuff, it was a nice mix of games, using the shops, exploring the lands, and the emoticons. It was quite good for a first quest!!

iDark

Once in a while it would be cool to see much longer and harder quests with the clover or skull atoms that would take like a few days to complete like the captain blackheart quests with big ticket items. But for those who don't want to take the challenge, there could be mini quests that either can be staff ran or just by the normal quest system. But of course with the large ticket items only so many like the first 30 for example would get it. I guess it's a way of entertainment keeping ppl busy enough. But that would be when quests are more developed of course.
Also seeing how ppl are having trouble with getting certain scores on jc possibly making the amount of points needed to pass a bit lower for those not so great at the game

Last edited:

Drewby

WDW Annual Passholder
When you click "Quit Quest", can we please have an "Are you sure you want to quit this quest? Yes/No" Pop-up? I accidentally hit that button on Q16/19. -__-

I enjoyed the quest and love the prize! Although I've never cared for tasks that involve playing minigames or making purchases.

Chanclyn

I thought the quest had a good mix of task to be done... The jungle cruise game score should not be so high for those that can not do the game that well...Had a lot of fun doing the quest.... Love the Green ears..... Thank you so much for making our first quest not so difficult to do....

C

Celluloid

The only problem I had was that you said the first Earth Day was on April 21st, when it was actually April 22nd.
The answer on the question itself is correct, however the following question does incorrectly have the wrong month referenced when explaining the answer.
There are two seperate earth days that that started in the same year. The question referred to the earlier one in that case, which took place on the vernal equinox and is now celebrated internationally. The second took place on the traditional April date.

Last edited by a moderator:

Julez

Ultimate Bae
The answer on the question itself is correct, however the following question does incorrectly have the wrong month referenced when explaining the answer.
There are two seperate earth days that that started in the same year. The question referred to the earlier one in that case, which took place on the vernal equinox. The second took place on the traditional April date.
But the first Earth Day was April 22nd 1970

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
I did not find the quest to hard. Though I got stuck on the UNESCO question. I had the right information but was putting in the correct title and not what is stood for :( I think the amount was right. I chuckle when I see let it be longer. When I think of the many of you as young kids most would have hated it being really long. I was not able to find all answers googling.

I do not want to see much harder quests unless for some major awesome prize. For a normal quest it was fine.

I think the jungle cruise score was a little high. I am able to do it no problem but for players with physical challengers this means they could not do this quest. Most quest on the old VMK the scores were really low for quests. Only for the mega quests like Blackheart was it difficult.

Also they kept it low because many were young kids playing. Now I know that the majority are young adults. But we still have people with physical disabilities or seniors that have difficulty with games.

So please take this into consideration in doing quests. Thanks

ACECpt.RICH

I think the balance between level of difficulty and payout was perfect. Wouldn't have minded it being 25 tasks or so. Great work :)

Last edited: