Real World Trading

Jackal

The key to that is, not making a big deal about it. People are free to spend their money in whatever way they choose. It doesn't ruin or effect anything in my opinion, but it will if you let it and turn it in to a problem.
Could you possibly illustrate a situation where someone sells their virtual items for real money? Are they quitting the game and trying to make an easy buck? Because that is the only situation where I find it justifiable.
Illustrate a situation? No, sorry I haven't documented every instance of when someone has conducted this kind of transaction where I'd be able to provide you visual aid. I think you can use your imagination for that.

But I digress, as I've said before people are allowed to spend their money in whatever way they want to. Whether it's justifiable to you or you disagree with it is irrelevant. People will do what they want, it's their right. If they want to make money off quitting and they have people willing to pay for items, why is that any of our business?
I said illustrate a situation to see where you're coming from. I already presented my illustration and point of view in an earlier post, which you disrespectfully disregarded. I'd appreciate if you would refrain from being rude and disrespectful.

InfinityFay

You guys are literally "arguing/debating" over something that doesn't involve you.

If you're against it, don't do it. But don't try to control other people.
If you think it's unfair, then either talk to these 'people you're so aware of' and ask them to stop.
Or join in.

This entire thread will not have a good end.

No where in Yuna's reply does it entail that she was being 'rude' or 'disrespectful'. Stop being hypocritical as you do the same by mentioning people's 'mental health' in previous posts.

This thread really should be closed.

Could you possibly illustrate a situation where someone sells their virtual items for real money? Are they quitting the game and trying to make an easy buck? Because that is the only situation where I find it justifiable.
Illustrate a situation? No, sorry I haven't documented every instance of when someone has conducted this kind of transaction where I'd be able to provide you visual aid. I think you can use your imagination for that.

But I digress, as I've said before people are allowed to spend their money in whatever way they want to. Whether it's justifiable to you or you disagree with it is irrelevant. People will do what they want, it's their right. If they want to make money off quitting and they have people willing to pay for items, why is that any of our business?
I said illustrate a situation to see where you're coming from. I already presented my illustration and point of view in an earlier post, which you disrespectfully disregarded. I'd appreciate if you would refrain from being rude and disrespectful.

Jackal

No where in Yuna's reply does it entail that she was being 'rude' or 'disrespectful'. Stop being hypocritical as you do the same by mentioning people's 'mental health' in previous posts.

Thank you for your opinion.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!

Where in any of this was I rude and disrespectful? :facepalm:

I'm giving you a straight forward explanation of my point of view and where I'm coming from. So I don't understand your rude response.

---------------------------

Thank you, and I agree, it should just close.

HarryFan

I think the most funny thing about this argument is that we're all forgetting how unstable this game is. It could shut down at any moment at the push of a button by the creator, Amy. Those who waste money on this little unstable game are foolish to do so, but as can be seen even in a 6-year old game, VFK people have done the same thing and gotten away with it. If people do it they are fools that is just the way it is. Unless there is a premium experience to a game with premium items and a proper and safe way to pay for items through the game itself I see no reason to spend real money on virtual items that could disappear in a heart beat. I know people who pay for memberships and games through and legal and professional means to enhance their gameplay, I think that is fine, but to do it outside of the game just seems disgusting and foolish to me. Oh well as most of today's games are fueled by greed, this community and remake of VMK is no exception. Just look at how impossible it is to even log on/ get into a special event run by the staff, if that doesn't show how greedy some of the players in this community are I don't know what does. I just love how serious some of you people are in this remake that could disappear in a second. I would spend more time finding a stable new online game than one that has been brought back from the dead. NOTHING can be done to bring VMK back, this is NOT VMK this is a ghost that contains none of the magic that we once enjoyed between 2005-2008. I don't care what some of the intense players here say there is no justification for taking the game so seriously and spending real money on in game virtual items to boost a virtual unstable status.

Jackal

I think the most funny thing about this argument is that we're all forgetting how unstable this game is. It could shut down at any moment at the push of a button by the creator, Amy. Those who waste money on this little unstable game are foolish to do so, but as can be seen even in a 6-year old game, VFK people have done the same thing and gotten away with it. If people do it they are fools that is just the way it is. Unless there is a premium experience to a game with premium items and a proper and safe way to pay for items through the game itself I see no reason to spend real money on virtual items that could disappear in a heart beat. I know people who pay for memberships and games through and legal and professional means to enhance their gameplay, I think that is fine, but to do it outside of the game just seems disgusting and foolish to me. Oh well as most of today's games are fueled by greed, this community and remake of VMK is no exception. Just look at how impossible it is to even log on/ get into a special event run by the staff, if that doesn't show how greedy some of the players in this community are I don't know what does. I just love how serious some of you people are in this remake that could disappear in a second. I would spend more time finding a stable new online game than one that has been brought back from the dead. NOTHING can be done to bring VMK back, this is NOT VMK this is a ghost that contains none of the magic that we once enjoyed between 2005-2008. I don't care what some of the intense players here say there is no justification for taking the game so seriously and spending real money on in game virtual items to boost a virtual unstable status.
It's nice to see someone understanding my viewpoint. I agree 100%.

I remember reading someone paid $150 for a stitch hat back on original VMK.

Will every person with a stitch hat now assume they can make $150 off virtual items?
I don't know, but I'm sure a lot of folks wouldn't get involved with that sort of trading.
actually someone paid $500 for stitch in original VMK and eBay sellers still sell VMK cards with codes intact. I do not understand why anyone would do this then or now. Disney proved they care nothing for their fanbase when they shut VMK in 2008. And at any time the people running myVMK could just go away they have no obligation to this community (not saying they are or would). I think it is just crazy to buy virtual items at least with cards you have a physical card.

HarryFan; said:
did not see your post until after I posted....exactly

I don't understand why it's an issue. Does anyone realize that you pay to play a LOT of online games? Facebook gives you the option to pay for extras, itunes app games have the ability to pay for extras, and if I remember correctly, I thought toontown and club penguin ask you to pay for certain things to get ahead in the game. Also, in VMK didn't you get things for buying them at the parks? This is why I think it's absurd for people to care if you pay with actual money for items. It doesn't seem like it should matter. I feel like people get upset when they can't or don't want to do it themselves. But that's just my opinion. You don't see anyone that is using their OWN money complaining. Why should you? Are they spending YOUR money?
Thank you! I made this point earlier to someone in-game and was called ignorant.

@Hidden I was also in the room and from what I gather from both of your bickering's was that you was called ignorant due to suggesting there's a lack of copyright infringement within the game (Disneyland, Epcot, Mickey Mouse images, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, etc, etc)

@Hidden I was also in the room and from what I gather from both of your bickering's was that you was called ignorant due to suggesting there's a lack of copyright infringement within the game (Disneyland, Epcot, Mickey Mouse images, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, etc, etc)
I said the whole thing was copyright infringement, but as long as the creators don't make money off of it, Disney doesn't give a flying frying pan. They are a multi-billion dollar industry, as far as I see it, it is free advertising for them.

Jackal

If you're not going to read the entire thread then please do not even comment. I've mentioned multiple times what I have wrong with RWTing, and the fact that people are still saying that there is no affect on the game shows that you have not fully read through the thread and the specific examples I have made. Also, please understand the difference between RWT and micro-transactions.

Trust me, I've read this entire thread, and I still think this is pointless. Who cares?

ClaytonA

While I do agree this shouldn't happen, I did want to point out that this also happened in the real VMK, too. I remember going on eBay and seeing green flips and Inferno for sale, they were going for well over a grand each. Actually, Disney themselves did this. They would sell codes in the parks for things like chicken hats, and at one point they offered Inferno magic as a prize in their Disney Rewards program (which you had to buy movies to get points for).

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
If you're not going to read the entire thread then please do not even comment. I've mentioned multiple times what I have wrong with RWTing, and the fact that people are still saying that there is no affect on the game shows that you have not fully read through the thread and the specific examples I have made. Also, please understand the difference between RWT and micro-transactions.
Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they haven't read this thread in it's entirety. Not everyone shares your viewpoint. A lot of us feel it's not a problem at all, it's a matter of personal choice.

There is a few factors we are forgetting to metion here;

factor 1: Gaming in general is a multi-million dollar industry in general. People spend thounds of dollars in online games as well as video games; sims, xbox, playstation, their cards, the actual games, flappy birds, candy crush, coke music, haboo, and the list goes on and on i think we can ll agree on that. So paying for vmk is nohting out of this world.

Factor 2: We are not considering the seller, who at some point had to work hard to get the items he/she is selling therefore the economy i snot affected and neither are the people in the game since no furni is being brought from the outside. If you consider this to be negative perhaps any trading is negative for the economy in vmk.

Factor 3: Person buying assumes all the risks of getting scammed, nobody else. I myself would not release any money before getting n item n im sure the seller would not release their item before receiving the money, therefore we've reach an impass.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
There is a few factors we are forgetting to metion here;

factor 1: Gaming in general is a multi-million dollar industry in general. People spend thounds of dollars in online games as well as video games; sims, xbox, playstation, their cards, the actual games, flappy birds, candy crush, coke music, haboo, and the list goes on and on i think we can ll agree on that. So paying for vmk is nohting out of this world.

Factor 2: We are not considering the seller, who at some point had to work hard to get the items he/she is selling therefore the economy i snot affected and neither are the people in the game since no furni is being brought from the outside. If you consider this to be negative perhaps any trading is negative for the economy in vmk.

Factor 3: Person buying assumes all the risks of getting scammed, nobody else. I myself would not release any money before getting n item n im sure the seller would not release their item before receiving the money, therefore we've reach an impass.
Exactly. I think we can all agree a good lot of us wouldn't sacrifice our own money on a virtual item where the trade could be very shady. I've purchased virtual items on other games, but the way that works is you pay with your debit card to refill a number of "points" which are cash points which are then used to purchase items in game that cost cash points. The way people are paying on this game is different, you're exchanging real world cash for a virtual item with no medium in between to secure that item for you. It's essentially based on trust. The execution isn't the same and isn't as safe, however it's the same basic principle of paying real cash for a virtual item. Not a lot of us are willing to do that, but to those that are that's entirely their business. They're free to take those risks if they feel it's worth it enough to them.

However, to say that the entire VMK economy is being affected by this one method of trade is folly in my opinion. That's making a mountain out of a molehill. A laundry list of excuses as to why have been made, but personally I haven't seen any with reasonable plausibility that could suggest an economic catastrophe for a game. It's a game. I understand to some the trading market is a key reason they play, but top traders on here don't seem to be worried or even batting an eyelash at the new method of trading. So why a problem is being made out of it is beyond me. If something happens where someone gets scammed, they are entirely held accountable for their actions and no liability can fall on anyone else. So if and when that happens, I'm sure people will be less inclined to spend real money on a virtual item with no security policy. Essentially, that method would die out slowly if not quickly.