Votes: 12 13.3%
  • I don't care

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • No!

Votes: 19 21.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been some recent debate about recolored items, such as the Minnie Princess Hat. Some argue that it decreases the value of the original item, while others say that they enjoy the new variety.

Personally, I've never liked them, especially not with a rare hat, but that's just me. I just wanted to know your feedback with a poll.

Cat

I don't like them. I feel it takes away from the original colored item and decreases the value/demand for it significantly.
Also, I would like to see all the originals be released before we start fangirling over little re-colorings.
There's still A LOT more items that I need for my wardrobe. SMEE SHIRTS PLEASE!

I don't like them. I feel it takes away from the original colored item and decreases the value/demand for it significantly.
Also, I would like to see all the originals be released before we start fangirling over little re-colorings.
There's still A LOT more items that I need for my wardrobe. SMEE SHIRTS PLEASE!
Smee shirts, YES.

Jal

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Honestly? After the Princess Hat/Stitch was removed from crates, I saw the green princess as a "sorry you couldn't get a minnie hat so here, have a buyable recolored version." However... I do like it because it matches the green flips really well. Overall, I think the recolored items are nice, but maybe not for rare items.

I only would go for the recolored items just because of how badly I was screwed over by crates, but I don't agree with it being only rare items. Maybe make the recolored items of something common, like the flips.

InaDaze

The Confused One.
Honestly, it brings unique colors we never had in the original. I don't see why it's a problem with any of them. Especially if Tink is making these recolors, I'm not sure of this. It doesn't take anything away to the game and it adds these colors that might be more appeasing for builders to use in their rooms.

The original items will all eventually come. I understand what people want but maybe they're planning on releasing a lot of these items in special themed months when the time comes for them. I honestly wouldn't have wanted any of the original items in the crates. The recolors were a great crate prize as commons in my opinion. I don't know about anyone else but I had no attachment to these items when they first appeared. Just would have been nice to get some prizes over others haha.

As for the Minnie, it's ok but nothing I'm really go to buzz over or anything. In my opinion it in no ways takes away the value of the original Minnie.

John

Green is such a terrible color for the Minnie hat, but other than that I think they're good.

Fiyero

I see no problem with this, even with rare items. By the end of the week, there will be 1000+ Green Minnies in the game. There are still less than 200 regular Minnies in the game. They still hold their normal value based on that.

Cat

Where do we draw the line though? Is it at re colored sparrow? Re colored bird hats? Re colored cowboy pants? Why should we recolor one 'super rare' item, and not just completely paint everything rainbow?

Hey, how about red and green cowboy pants.. FOR CHRISTMAS?!

Green flip flops?

Recolored item.

Pink flip flops?

Recolored item.

Gold/White Snowmen?

One is a recolored version of the other...

I certainly heard no complaints about new colors of coffee table crates...
Those items you listed above (minus the recolored crates) were all part of the original game. I don't mind recolored crates. I just believe having recolored Minnies (I heard they were making more) would make everything look clashy. I just want the game to return to how it originally was before we even implement new items. Like Cat said, there are so many more VMK items that haven't been added yet. I don't want to see a bunch of different-colored Minnies before having all the clothes we are familiar with from the game.

Sharks

I don't get the point when there are tons of original items that haven't been released. Why increase the workload? I think everyone would be a lot happier with the old content back instead of some cheap, recolored hat.

I am glad someone posted this thread. personally, i hate the new recolored items, especially the ones that dont "fit in". my idea of fitting in is keeping with a theme. example of this is the black rocking chair is great, looks good with the other colors.. but the yellow is bleck! I will be the one to complain about the new coffee table colors, they are too bright and do not go with the theme of drab colors like the rest. some stuff works others not so much.

Sharks

If the whole recoloring thing is going to continue to happen, the method needs to change or we need new graphic designers. No offense to whoever does it now, but it looks like all they do is mess with the hue/saturation mixer. That does not make for good recoloring.

Status
Not open for further replies.