Rerelease of Firewalls

I work and also a mother to 2 teenagers whom are both 4.2+ GPA.. So yes I am very busy!
4.2+ GPA! That's amazing! I myself have a 4.1. So congrats to them.

No offense taken. But as a working mother there is ALOT more to it!
My 16 year old is a Jr in high school (23 credits towards graduation ) , also going to college to earn her AA degree as well.. So I realize just how much spare time ppl have.So I am also:
Head Cook
Maid
Chauffeur
Seemstress
Activity Coodinator
Lawn scaper
Referee
Shall I go on?
Have a great day you wonderful people :)[DOUBLEPOST=1411238598][/DOUBLEPOST]
& yes moms are very busy and the fact that you have as much rares for you and your daughter, that's amazing. Applause to you.

Lost

I couldn't be bothered reading this thread after a few pages but I think firewalls should be re-released because they have ruined the trading economy and as it seems like we won't be getting giftcards back anytime soon due to people trading them for irl money then it seems like we shall have to wait a few years for quest machines to be able to actually trade credits in something other than a spree (Someone owes me an 80k spree and because of the items I want they will have to buy and trade me around 225 items in one trade. That is so efficient and so much more fun than trading 8 giftcards. Like I don't understand why giftcards had a 500 tax on in the first place or why there isn't a valid way to trade credits like sure I get the whole clone thing but really it just seems dumb that something that should be one of the main trade mechanics of this game and any other game is hindered by having to trade for sprees which in turn means you can't trade the "credits" you obtained in a trade due to the fact they were already spent so that they could be traded to you.)

Sorry for the minirant but I really dislike the trading economy on this game. I used to be one of the "big traders" but the fact we don't don't have a way to trade credits and that firewalls seem to be the sole currency for a large proportion of the trading community makes trading so tiresome and boring that I rarely do many trades anymore because it would just be the same thing. "Get firewalls > Get firewalls > Get firewalls > Trade firewalls > Get Firewalls > Trade firewalls > Trade firewalls > Get firewalls"

Most other items are just completely ignored unless their value is over "5 firewalls". How many people are going to trade a super rare for a spree? No one because who has the time to buy and trade over 5000 items for a stitch and in turn how many people with super rares would rather trade them so that they can room build which was one of the key mechanics of the game, answer: good luck finding any.

This post is seriously becoming so ranty but I've been so done with trading for a while because of the whole "Oh I value a stitch hat at 55 firewalls but if you ONLY give me firewalls then I'll sell it for 40" LIKE HOW DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE. FIREWALLS ARE WORTH MORE THAN FIREWALLS IF YOU PAY FIREWALLS???????

Can someone please explain that to me. I would love to hear how people still value things like stitch at 50-60 firewalls and I've seen several threads trading a stitch for 40-45 firewalls if you ONLY give firewalls.

I just suggest that we have one game that we have unlimited access to every item in the game so we can build rooms etc but maybe have it so we can't socialize or play minigames. If you have a firewall or stitch craving, you get on the unlimited item game and you're good. If you want to have fun, you go on MyVMK and have fun with friends, play some games, and so on. This game was meant to have fun and to unleash the magic. I'm not seeing a lot of magic right now. Let's go back to the focus of this game and unleash the magic.

Sophia

I just suggest that we have one game that we have unlimited access to every item in the game so we can build rooms etc but maybe have it so we can't socialize or play minigames. If you have a firewall or stitch craving, you get on the unlimited item game and you're good. If you want to have fun, you go on MyVMK and have fun with friends, play some games, and so on. This game was meant to have fun and to unleash the magic. I'm not seeing a lot of magic right now. Let's go back to the focus of this game and unleash the magic.
That sounds really cool, I think unlimited items with no trading/credit system would be fun to pass the time. As for the social aspect, I think it would be cool to play Cute or Boot with unlimited items for fun.

Elle

So basically, kind of like a habbo retro, just no games nor socializing as you stated. Personally, whether they released something like that, it wouldn't matter to me, but I wonder if it would put more on Amy's plate than she already has to deal with. Could be a future idea to look over, but if im being honest, it isn't exactly the same if you aren't able to socialize, but that's just me. Nice suggestion, though. :)

Lost

I've suggested a sandbox server for the game in the past but it's all but been ignored afaik xP

Myth

Lol. Don't complain then if you aren't willing to put in the time or effort to obtain anything. If you are on for your friends then why worry about the trading side of the game? The time you used to come on here and make this post you could of used to obtain a firewall. :D
This is EXACTLY what I was going to post. Exactly my thoughts.

x_Alison

Bunny Couture
@savvy.max & @Psycho
What you don't seem to understand is that no one is asking for handouts, complaining or feeling entitled. The problem is not necessarily that firewalls are hard to obtain; it stems from the fact that it is the only form of currency for super rare items. It is unfair because not everyone is able to obtain them, sometimes there are people who are willing to work and get the credits but there are not people who are willing to trade them away. Now, I do understand what it would feel like per say an item you worked hard for was rereleased, such as firewalls. About a month ago, I worked hard at collecting over 25k credits for a pair of cowboy pants, and happily traded a spree for the pants. Would I be mad if they were rereleased? No, I worked for the pants because I wanted them and I successfully obtained them. In my opinion, it would be selfish of me to say I don't want cowboy pants to be rereleased just because >I< worked hard for them and now they're being freely released into the shop for others to purchase probably for the price they were originally sold for. To me, the time and effort I put in was well spent, I would probably even buy another pair of cowboy pants :) So don't assume things and say that people are looking for handouts. I have put my fair share of work into this game and I am satisfied with what I have. Please remember that this thread was created as a suggestion.

Last edited:

savvy.max

Trading: http://tinyurl.com/savvymax
What you are not understanding is that re-release of firewalls will not solve any of your complaints. The number one thing I would like you to understand is that there was a perfectly accepted replacement currency that was retired for no reason. I firmly believe that @Amy disallowing a convenient way to trade credits has destroyed the trade economy and reversed the progress made at replacing firewalls as a currency.

Jasmine

They where out for about a week.
No, they were actually out for one day. They were retired on September 30th. If you don't believe me, I'm sure there's some old threads on it.

Edit:
Actually, here's a good thread that's kind of relevant to this thread. It also mentions how the day the flip hat was retired (September 29th) some people already had like 30 firewalls.

Last edited:

x_Alison

Bunny Couture
No, they were actually out for one day. They were retired on September 30th. If you don't believe me, I'm sure there's some old threads on it.

Edit:
Actually, here's a good thread that's kind of relevant to this thread. It also mentions how the day the flip hat was retired (September 29th) some people already had like 30 firewalls.
This.

MamaNutty

Guess we should be saving green keys up for the next release of green crate items. With any luck anybody can pull a rare item & gain... Firewalls, stitch hats & yes even inferno thru trading.
I see more players looking for keys & crates.. This seems to be taking a turn to the "New Economy"