Rewarding Roomowners

I think roomowners should be rewarded (a) credit(s) for each person that goes into their room
I've thought about this a bit over the past week, but I'm unsure how many credits should be rewarded per person

(gonna substitute some names)
1. Roomowner Bowl can only get credits from visitor Plate entering her room every x hours. This means that after Plate enters the room and Bowl is given the credits, Bowl would not get more credits if Plate leaves and reenters the room.
the amount of hours should be more than or equal to 12
2. Keeping user-made games in mind, the credits given per visitor should be under 10.

if someone wants to get data on about how many people enter certain types of rooms over certain lengths of time, I'd appreciate it as I have access to a computer that can get on MVMK for about an hour each weekday that I'm not busy

for those supporting the idea but unsure how they should answer, copy this format:

"I think roomowners should be rewarded C credit(s) for each visitor every T hours."

That and by making multiple accounts.
no one would be willing to put the credits-per-visitor above 10
with each alternate account, someone not only has to make the alternate account, but has to make an email address
when you're only able to get [3 credits from each individual visitor every 12 hours], no one is willing to go through that process when more practical processes are available

Shells are relatively efficient at making small amounts of credits, so one would use clones with this. It takes way too much time to log in to make it worth it, unless the payout starts pushing 50 credits. I mean, it takes a couple of minutes to log in, load the game, and go to a room (plus you have to actually register the account). In that period of time, you could easily collect 5 shells.

I really like this idea, because room builders put a lot of time and money into their rooms, and the only reward they get is the occasional praise, and maybe a Best Guest Room Award. While Best Room has a fine prize, everyone else gets nothing.

I vote for 30 credits per visitor per 12 hours.

Also, I saw in the chatbox a suggestion for pay turnstiles, and I don't like the idea because I do think that would be abused. That's 150 credits per clone per 12 hours, so it's more worthwhile to clone.

Shells are relatively efficient at making small amounts of credits, so one would use clones with this. It takes way too much time to log in to make it worth it, unless the payout starts pushing 50 credits. I mean, it takes a couple of minutes to log in, load the game, and go to a room (plus you have to actually register the account). In that period of time, you could easily collect 5 shells.

I really like this idea, because room builders put a lot of time and money into their rooms, and the only reward they get is the occasional praise, and maybe a Best Guest Room Award. While Best Room has a fine prize, everyone else gets nothing.

I vote for 30 credits per visitor per 12 hours.

Also, I saw in the chatbox a suggestion for pay turnstiles, and I don't like the idea because I do think that would be abused. That's 150 credits per clone per 12 hours, so it's more worthwhile to clone.
takin out the first sentence, you summarized what I want to say well

I think that 30 credits is too high at the moment, but you did make me take into mind that the prices for items is a bit steep
15 credits per visitor per 12 hours sounds fine to me right now
we need to find an amount so that people get a decent amount of money from making rooms, but player-made games don't get much

the thread for the taxing turnstiles is here: http://myvmk.com/showthread.php?3001-Taxable-turnslide

I like this idea. Although, it's a bit like the ticket system isn't it? Obviously people entering the room wouldn't be paying anything, but if we have the ticket system and this people might get crafty. (Tbh I haven't tried the tickets, so I don't even know if they work or how exactly they do. I could be totally off here.)

Fiyero

I don't think there is any reason to give room owners credits just for people coming in their room. I don't really understand why we are coming up with all these ways to earn credits. It seems like people want credits for doing anything on the game, which in my opinion, would take the fun and challenge out of the game.

I don't think there is any reason to give room owners credits just for people coming in their room. I don't really understand why we are coming up with all these ways to earn credits. It seems like people want credits for doing anything on the game, which in my opinion, would take the fun and challenge out of the game.
when you put it like that, it makes the idea sound stupid
the point of the idea is:

making good looking rooms takes skill
I'm pushing for a low reward system that at least acknowledges the people in the game that enjoy creating rooms

I don't agree with this at all. What about if you have a friend who visits often?

The shells and games (fireworks) for now are enough I think. If you want credits that bad you should work for them in my opinion. Also, if this was implicated then some players may spend all their time in their room and what is the fun in that? (ie no-one to play fireworks etc with, to ramble around with...)

Just my two cents :)

I don't agree with this at all. What about if you have a friend who visits often?

The shells and games (fireworks) for now are enough I think. If you want credits that bad you should work for them in my opinion. Also, if this was implicated then some players may spend all their time in their room and what is the fun in that? (ie no-one to play fireworks etc with, to ramble around with...)

then you get fifteen credits if they visit about every twelve hours
as I mentioned in my most recent post, the point of this system is to acknowledge and reward people who enjoy making guest rooms while keeping in mind that player-made games get a lot of visits and that people talk to one another in eachothers' rooms
yes, credits are being given out, but it's a low amount

some people enjoy making rooms and showing them off, and there should be no problem with that
fireworks doesn't seem to be very social cuz you're lucky to get in a game with more than two people, if you get in a game with more than yourself at all, n many of those people quit

I understand your point.

However, as you may know there is an event due to end at the end of October that acknowledges good guest room(s).
Events like these reward players with good ideas/games/etc.

I totally get what you're saying. However, many users, including myself, spend a lot of time and money into our guest rooms. It takes creativity and credits to make a good guest room. I would personally love to get rewarded for all of my hard efforts. I definitely feel as if I would have 'worked for those credits' if this system was implemented.

I understand your point.

However, as you may know there is an event due to end at the end of October that acknowledges good guest room(s).
Events like these reward players with good ideas/games/etc.
it rewards only those voted the very best
it does not reward all of those who put effort into their rooms

InaDaze

The Confused One.
I understand what you want with this system, but I think any ideas that suggest about rewarding credits to people should be put on hold for now. Let's wait and see how credits are rewarded when we have back all of the old ways first. In other words, I'm saying your idea might get seen now but I'm not sure if anything new like this would be implemented yet. Keep this in mind and once the previous mini-games are done I think we can see about this.

Personally, it's a good idea. I just don't know how necessary it truly is. I mean whenever I needed some credits to finish a room I would go off and play a game of pirates and boom I have my credits. It's not like I need the credits while the room is open. I see ways this could be used to benefit people but it wouldn't be worth the time and effort to actually do it.

I mean the point of the guest room, in my opinion, is to get people to come to you by making an awesome room and personally I found it more than filling that people came in and complimented my rooms in VMK. I don't want my mindset for guest rooms to be, "how many visitors have I gotten today?" A compliment of my guest room is all I need to continue making other rooms and that's all I want to think about when I build my rooms.

Keep in mind: I support your idea. I just personally prefer making rooms that everyone will enjoy.

And to tweak the idea a bit: I think it would be better to set a maximum amount of credits you can earn in a day/12 hours over getting credits from visitor every 12 hours. This is the only part of the idea I found very questionable as you truly don't know what some people might extent to to earn credits. I'm thinking anywhere between 300-500 is fair. Maybe 10 credits per visitor for a total of 30-50 visitors every 12 hours. (And yes I know what I said at the beginning but I wanted to add my own little tweak to your idea for possible later use.)