Room Builders Server (AKA Creative Mode Server)

Why not have a separate VMK server where you could plan out rooms, and build things in any way you want? I suppose a mini program would work too, but then itd need to be made from scratch, which would presumably be a lot more work than simply making a clone of the main game, on a significantly smaller, and less used server.

How it might work (Simple stuff):
? No one can see each other, its basically a solo VMK in that sense, no need to load anyone besides you and anything from the next bullet point. This also has the benefit of requiring no moderators.
? Depending on the viability, it might be nice to be able to summon bots to the room, or at least being able to login as a generic character, without making a second account, this way you can test room congestion, and for any unexpected occurrences.
? All furniture is buyable or available in unlimited quantities in your inventory. This might have to be played with a bit to find the best method for organizing it.
? All rooms are available, and buyable. If there is no catalog image, either leave it, or put 5 of the room in inventory upon starting game.
? All furnishing and poster items in the MyVMK database are available for use, regardless of current availability.
? Built in screenshot output

Stuff thatd be cool, but probably would require more coding work that it'd be worth, but I'm putting on the post in just in case:
? Printout or text output of all items in the room, and information on the following
Currently Buyable? Yes/No
Released to public: Yes/No
Price: XXXX
? The ability to straight up have a designated account purchase all buyable things on the list.
? The ability to reference your actual accounts inventory, so you know what you already have
? Ability to set up layered screen shots that act as construction guides. One might have the bottom layer of stuff, the next more stuff, that needs the previous stuff, and so on.
? Now, depending on what people want, there might also be some kind of screenshot prevention tool, so it is only useful as reference, and people cant post screenies from this server, and act like they made it on the main server.

So a sandbox for simply testing out room building? That sounds cool. I don't know how much work it'll be though and if people will find it that valuable in the long run.

Yes yes yes. I would be so all over this! I'm such a meticulous planner and it would help me create amazing things.

InaDaze

The Confused One.
A good idea, but it also means getting another dedicated server. Personally I would rather see this game get fixed up first before we move on to thinking of making something like this.

A good idea, but it also means getting another dedicated server. Personally I would rather see this game get fixed up first before we move on to thinking of making something like this.
I can't imagine this ever being used by more than 50 people at once, so I doubt it would require a dedicated server.

Tayloroo

I've wanted something like this for so long~
That way we can test out items in our rooms to see if they look nice before we actually buy them (and potentially waste our credits) ;w;

Also, couldn't something like this be offline and have no need for a server?
Kind of like vmk revisited except with all of the furniture ;w; <33

Jasmine

It sounds pretty cool. I've never really been into building rooms though.

I don't see why it would require another server either. Technically speaking, it would be "offline". Think about VFK's single-player mode. It'd be like that. It's just you and your inventory.

Honestly, it's creative, but I don't really like it. I think the rooms are fine the way they come. Of course, we'd still be able to put our own furniture in it, but I don't really like the idea of building or changing rooms.

Honestly, it's creative, but I don't really like it. I think the rooms are fine the way they come. Of course, we'd still be able to put our own furniture in it, but I don't really like the idea of building or changing rooms.
That's not the concept. It's like a sandbox where we'd have anything at our disposal to build within the guest rooms we might acquire. It's a way to test out our thoughts and ideas in a close-to-real arena, without having to spend the credits until we are set, sure and ready to buy.

This is NOT about making a new-idea actual guest room.

Emelon

Honestly, it's creative, but I don't really like it. I think the rooms are fine the way they come.
This doesn't really have to do with changing rooms. The idea is that you have access to all items and rooms in the game. You can design a room without having to buy items as you go and you won't have to worry about not having a specific item, buying the wrong amount of item, not having sufficient funds for items, not enough space in the room, design mishaps, etc.
Basically it'd be like blueprints for a building. You design the layout of your room and once you have it set up exactly the way you want it, you will then be able to have a foundation or a guide to use inside the actual game.

I actually think this is an amazing idea. I would definitely take advantage of something like this

Kitten

Kittens inspired by kittens!
I love this idea. It would be a great option for builders who just want to build for the fun of it without spending credits.

This doesn't really have to do with changing rooms. The idea is that you have access to all items and rooms in the game. You can design a room without having to buy items as you go and you won't have to worry about not having a specific item, buying the wrong amount of item, not having sufficient funds for items, not enough space in the room, design mishaps, etc.
Basically it'd be like blueprints for a building. You design the layout of your room and once you have it set up exactly the way you want it, you will then be able to have a foundation or a guide to use inside the actual game.

I actually think this is an amazing idea. I would definitely take advantage of something like this
This is exactly it. Thanks for all the support for the idea guys!