Scamming new players has to stop

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
I posted this on CL app but think this needs to not get lost. We need everyone to ban together to stop this behavior. Let the people know how disgusted you are.

Here is the story. A player walked in and said I did something very bad. I was told later what he said in private to another player.

That he scammed a new player out of a dream shirt by saying he would trade his stitch hat. Little did the player know that it was a bait and switch and he ended up with a stitch ornament.

They told this person they would do it again and did not feel bad because all ( members of this group ) do it all the time. If this is the case the leader of this group really needs to take a stand and tell his/her members to stop this behavior. (Though I really am not sure they do this the player may have just be saying so)

I know the player that told me reported this.

I would hope they were banned. I believe this behavior deserves and IP ban. Not a regular character ban. Why because it is just too easy to move your stuff to a clone and continue this lowest of the low behavior.

Or at the very least in case of siblings playing the loss of all your items. I am sure staff can tell who the different siblings are to protect their stuff.

I would like to see this in the rules and what the consequence is. This needs to stop. If you see this happening report it.

Really I thought about this all last night and I am still so disgusted. How can we expect new players to stay when this is happening. To me only the most severe consequence will do.

In VMK if this happened it was and IP ban. No if and or buts. So I hope you do not have a brother or sister who does this.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
I agree whole heartedely and glad this was brought to attention. It's truly sickening the lengths people will go to steal the happiness of others just for their own personal gain. I hope that possible with the CL program, there will be a chance to further investigate these issues.

iTony

Ohana means family.
I never knew this was going on, but it is such a shame that this is happening. This shouldn't even be happening in the first place. Thanks for the notice, I'll keep an eye for this.

Littlebelle

I think this is really important. Many players need to know this scam so that they do not fall victim to the bait and switch either. So yes this is really important I do not plan to post this on every thread but I might change my signature. I mentioned it in another post. But I did not want to put in everything I thought. So I posted this as a full thread.

Last edited:

philitup

The Internet Champion!
I agree 100%. It's stupid how players are just getting away with this because it isn't in the rules. I like to see this stop, it's not putting as good taste in the community's mouth. Then again everyone should just grow up.

Cat

Ugh, I don't know why anyone thought the ornaments would be a good idea in the first place, I knew from the start that they would be used as a cheap trick to fool people (hence why so many people used them in April Fool's Day pranks). I'm sure the staff, just like I, thought that the members of the community would be better than this, as we're all young adults; they probably figured we had grown out of it by now. Apparently not. I grow more ashamed of this community every day. I hope this scamming comes to a stop soon, and that old members make an effort to be welcoming, good examples of the community. We should each represent and be walking fragments of the Disney dream, and spread the love and joy that this game was intended to bring to people.

savvy.max

Trading: http://tinyurl.com/savvymax
@Littlebelle I understand and agree that scamming should be stopped. I don't think the specifics of the scam should be posted to the forums as it can give other potential scammers more ideas. I am sorry if you felt I was being rude and I have removed my post.

Littlebelle

It is important so we can pass it on to our friends to be aware of it. Many do not know of this. I did not know this was happening. But I double check my stuff. Not all players do. So they need to know . Not to get ideas but to share as much as they can to warn others. Can not stop it if we do not know what it is.

Everyone. From now on.. when they say they are willing to trade a jester hat, stitch hat, princess minnie, or gator hat (even though it doesn't exist) CLICK ON THE ITEM TO CHECK THAT IT SAYS "HAT" and NOT "ORNAMENT". I was affected by a scammer yesterday saying they was willing to trade stitch hat for my dream suite room pin, grizzly pin, and star wars pin.

WHO

This is why those hat ornaments were a bad idea. They should have been put in a display case of some sort after April Fools.

That was mean what that player did we need Ban These Scammers! Scammers should get IP ban for a month and the person who got scammed gets there stuff back.

Kaeliah

Previously Tessa
We can only do so much to prevent situations like this from happening.. there is no way to completely eliminate these problems.